Xbox Series X/S Microsoft - Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 confirmed for Xbox Game Pass on day 1

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I fucking knew that if I tweeted Phil Spencer everyday about this that he would finally give me an answer!!!

Xbox Could Get a New Killer Instinct Game If Phil Spencer Finds the 'Right Team'

Microsoft’s Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer, has said that a new Killer Instinct game could be made if he can find “the right team and the right opportunity.”

Talking as part of an interview with the podcast Dropped Frames, Spencer spoke about the team at Xbox’s views on Killer Instinct. “There are so many good games in our catalogue that we’d love to visit,” he said. “The response when we redid KI at the launch of Xbox One was fantastic.”

He went on to say that he and Matt Booty, head of Xbox Game Studios, “have discussed many times KI and where we would like to go with it. And it might be out of our minds, but it’s in our hearts and in our minds that we want to continue to do something with KI.”

As to when that continuation could happen, Spencer says “It’s about finding the right team and the right opportunity. But it is not due to any kind of lack of desire on our part.”

Killer Instinct was rebooted back in 2013 as a launch game for the Xbox One, and was warmly received. Original developer Rare spoke to us a few years ago about other developers using its own IP, such as Double Helix creating the Killer Instinct reboot. As with Spencer’s latest words, Rare were very much about finding “the team, and the people” that were right for the IP.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
May need to stock up on game pass on black Friday. All this talk and hype they may raise the price.

I remember when OG Xbox sold the headset and Live year pass in a bundle. At the Base Exchange they dropped it to $10 cause no one was buying them cause they didn't need another headset. And there was talk that Xbox Live was going to be different for the 360. I bought one but a buddy of mine bought about 20 of them. He still hits me up laughing he still hasnt bought Live service. Think he runs out in '24. Paid $200 for $1,200 service. Damn, if only I knew.