Yeah our environment is in trouble and we are beyond tipping point

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Utah catching hell too!

Eeek I hate saying this but we miss a opportunity to turn this around 20 years ago every man for their selves now :smh:

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I am a hard-core Democrat and I laughed at him in the 90s when he was speaking about this but come to find out he was 100% correct. We should have listened to that man.
Man, it was all funny until I saw An Inconvenient Truth. I was convinced after that. Dude laid it out in a way that was truly undeniable. I don't understand any attempts to discredit the data.

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
Man, it was all funny until I saw An Inconvenient Truth. I was convinced after that. Dude laid it out in a way that was truly undeniable. I don't understand any attempts to discredit the data.
Climate scientist were telling us in the 90s before gore
Eeek I hate saying this but we miss a opportunity to turn this around 20 years ago every man for their selves now :smh:
What does this even mean? Where you goin hide from climate?

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Have you seen what the stock market has done in the last 20yrs, and that's what really matters, right? I have no idea how much wealth has been raked in by all the corps polluting the environment, but it had to be worth it or they wouldn't have done it. "Markets are never wrong, ..." :cool:

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Climate scientist were telling us in the 90s before gore

Really,the 1970's but you had some scientists that said it would be an ice age. Those same scientists that would change their mind in the 80's... It's crazy,how 50 years later we still got people believing global warming doesn't exist.

When I was growing up in Cleveland it would snow a lot in the winter but now we may get two weeks of snow total for the season. People acting like the weather we're having is normal.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Really,the 1970's but you had some scientists that said it would be an ice age. Those same scientists that would change their mind in the 80's... It's crazy,how 50 years later we still got people believing global warming doesn't exist.

When I was growing up in Cleveland it would snow a lot in the winter but now we may get two weeks of snow total for the season. People acting like the weather we're having is normal.
Yeah, in grade school in the 1980s they had us thinking the world would be over by now. We got the weekly reader and that shit was doom and gloom. People think this environment concern is new, but it isn't.

And it still snows a lot. Look at the annual snowfall for our city. Shit, some of the weakest years on record were a long time ago. Doesn't mean the climate isn't fucked up, but Cleveland still is Cleveland.
I remember when Covid shut the world down and the environment began to heal itself. Humans on borrowed time.
If we are truthful, it can be argued as soon as humans progressed to farming the planet was doomed. :smh:

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The same way the oil company tried to discredit the scientist that tried to tell people about leaded gas, they're doing it again with climate change! Sure you can make the argument that the climate always changes, but the drastic changes that have been made due from the '80s til now versus the 40s-80s are undeniable.

My theory is if you live in a place that doesn't get a lot of snow in the winter you're FCUKED!

Midwest we (Michigan to be exact) got the Great Lakes, fresh water, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio will tap that to keep those levels at bay. Minnesota is full of fresh water lakes. These costal states will get swallowed up by their salt water oceans.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah, in grade school in the 1980s they had us thinking the world would be over by now. We got the weekly reader and that shit was doom and gloom. People think this environment concern is new, but it isn't.

And it still snows a lot. Look at the annual snowfall for our city. Shit, some of the weakest years on record were a long time ago. Doesn't mean the climate isn't fucked up, but Cleveland still is Cleveland.

If we are truthful, it can be argued as soon as humans progressed to farming the planet was doomed. :smh:
Not only that, but animals started to take their corners back!

Humans are cancerous to earth.

Just like how our bodies react with a fever whenever there is an infection, the earth is doing the same thing.

Eventually, humans will destroy the very thing that was meant to protect us. And we deserve every bit of these comeuppances.

All the pollution and overcrowding of major cities. Waste on the ground and poison in the air.

:smh:

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The same way the oil company tried to discredit the scientist that tried to tell people about leaded gas, they're doing it again with climate change! Sure you can make the argument that the climate always changes, but the drastic changes that have been made due from the '80s til now versus the 40s-80s are undeniable.

My theory is if you live in a place that doesn't get a lot of snow in the winter you're FCUKED!

Midwest we (Michigan to be exact) got the Great Lakes, fresh water, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio will tap that to keep those levels at bay. Minnesota is full of fresh water lakes. These costal states will get swallowed up by their salt water oceans.

Yes, there will be a huge migration to middle America soon enough. East Coast cities are super fucked. It’s already showing clear as day.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I am old enough to remember the big debate over recycling. It wasn't necessary, it was a waste of time. The minute politicians found out a buck was to be made, EVERY house and office now has some form of recycling in it. And what do these garbage companies do? Shuffle it around from state to state, country to country and then out in the middle of the ocean on garbage island.

I keep saying the early seasons (and a few in the later seasons) were glimpses into our future:

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Humans are cancerous to earth.

Just like how our bodies react with a fever whenever there is an infection, the earth is doing the same thing.

Eventually, humans will destroy the very thing that was meant to protect us. And we deserve every bit of these comeuppances.

All the pollution and overcrowding of major cities. Waste on the ground and poison in the air.

:smh:
I think the overcrowded argument isn’t only lazy, it was debunked. This planet can house infinite amount of species, it’s just that it isn’t financially profitable.

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Speaking of farming, the world is running out of soil. If you know anything about soil, its important for a number of things other than just growing our food..

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Old school farming isn't the issue. Its the industrial revolution that is killing the planet.