doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Nice homes with zero equity.

damn-rbel.gif

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
If I was in Southern California, this story will make my eyebrow go way in the sky
Can you imagine still having to pay a mortgage on a home that is literally sinking into the earth.

"You must continue to pay your mortgage even if your home is destroyed or unlivable due to a disaster. Failure to pay your mortgage could put your loan in default, which could trigger a foreclosure."

Do you take that 'L' and let the home go into foreclosure and live with loosing any equity that was generated? Unless you have a second home, its a fucked up situation compliments of nature.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Can you imagine still having to pay a mortgage on a home that is literally sinking into the earth.

"You must continue to pay your mortgage even if your home is destroyed or unlivable due to a disaster. Failure to pay your mortgage could put your loan in default, which could trigger a foreclosure."

Do you take that 'L' and let the home go into foreclosure and live with loosing any equity that was generated? Unless you have a second home, its a fucked up situation compliments of nature.
Yep I agree with you and If the mortgage company want to take you to court you just show them these pictures and video. My huge concern with this is this may be a precursor to something bigger.

Strait_Laced

knowledge alone ≠ power
OG Investor
portugese bend/pv is one of the most beautiful areas in so cal. i've driven through that area for years...they literally re-pave the road every few weeks because of all the land shifts
the current landslides actually started in the late 1950's...they were building roads out there and hit an ancient landslide, reactivating it...it's been a slow motion deal ever since, now accelerating in areas...
what a nightmare...those are multimillion dollar neighborhoods...there is something for living in the flats

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Palos Verdes is a beautiful part of the City of LA, overlooking the ocean.

But it is eroding away... Tiger Woods had that accident up there. The homes are beautiful, but now they are uninsurable. They're going to try to shore up some of that area with huge rods or columns, but it doesn't look good for those folks at all.

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
portugese bend/pv is one of the most beautiful areas in so cal. i've driven through that area for years...they literally re-pave the road every few weeks because of all the land shifts
the current landslides actually started in the late 1950's...they were building roads out there and hit an ancient landslide, reactivating it...it's been a slow motion deal ever since, now accelerating in areas...
what a nightmare...those are multimillion dollar neighborhoods...there is something for living in the flats
So they knowingly brought these home on lands that sink?

At first I felt bad for them but knowingly buying on shaky ground is foolish.

What that old proverb say about building a house sand versus a rock.

Strait_Laced

knowledge alone ≠ power
OG Investor
So they knowingly brought these home on lands that sink?

At first I felt bad for them but knowingly buying on shaky ground is foolish.

What that old proverb say about building a house sand versus a rock.
nah the homes weren't even built back then, the sliding was glacier slow. very heavy and wet changing weather patterns contributed to current state, along with other factors

along with the natural order of things...that mountain didn't come out of nowhere...millions of years of earth movement created it...now it's going the other way in some spots

it's the downside of natural selection...people want to live on a mountain or near a forest, or near the water...beautiful, but with risks