You have 6 months to invest $10,000. What would you do?

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
You've been given $10k cash to invest for 6 months. At the end of the 6 months, you have to return the $10k and can keep all profit.

What would you do with the $10k for 6 months?
How much would you expect to make?

money-girl.jpg

water

Transparent, tasteless, odorless
OG Investor
Low risk, good return buy Apple stock: AAPL

Medium risk better return, buy Fibertower FTWR

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I would dump it into a fastfood chain because these fat fuckers aint going no where soon.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Medium risk better return, buy Fibertower FTWR
This is interesting
FTWR: Stock Quote & Summary Data
$ 1.14 0.02 1.79%
Oct. 2, 2009 Market Closed
FiberTower aims to enhance shareholder value through outstanding business performance and effective communication with its shareholders.

Traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the ticker symbol FTWR, FiberTower is the critical backhaul network piece behind several high growth trends, including the proliferation of 3G mobile broadband and WiMax services. The Company has its headquarters in San Francisco, CA.

For those wondering.

streetdreamer

Support BGOL
Registered
You've been given $10k cash to invest for 6 months. At the end of the 6 months, you have to return the $10k and can keep all profit.

What would you do with the $10k for 6 months?
How much would you expect to make?

money-girl.jpg

Buy a shotgun, put some Spreewells on my truck and fuck a lot of simple minded hood rats, get them pregnant and bounce from baby momma to baby momma till my 40 kids are old enough to support themselves and leech off the richest ones until I'm in diapers then kill myself with the shotgun.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
This is interesting
FTWR: Stock Quote & Summary Data
$ 1.14 0.02 1.79%
Oct. 2, 2009 Market Closed
FiberTower aims to enhance shareholder value through outstanding business performance and effective communication with its shareholders.

Traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the ticker symbol FTWR, FiberTower is the critical backhaul network piece behind several high growth trends, including the proliferation of 3G mobile broadband and WiMax services. The Company has its headquarters in San Francisco, CA.

For those wondering.

I'm going to watch this stock here is how it did today:

1.35 +0.22‎ (19.47%‎) Oct 6 4:00pm ET

kain

Professional Bastard Bum
Platinum Member
Find a distressed foreclosure for 50% of the appraised value and catch up the back payments. Sell it to investors for a markup of $25000 or more. Return the original $10k.

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
Find a distressed foreclosure for 50% of the appraised value and catch up the back payments. Sell it to investors for a markup of $25000 or more. Return the original $10k.

Yup. Higher risk and those type numbers are way harder to do in this market but if you did it would offer a better 6 month return than damn near any stock investment.

Last edited: