’I don’t want my son to take the fall’: Queens man accused of shooting 10-year-old boy is innocent, family says

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The family of a Queens man accused of fatally shooting a 10-year-old boy says that his best friend is framing him to take the fall for the senseless killing.

Jovan Young, 29, faces murder and other charges in the Saturday night shooting of Justin Wallace, on on Beach 45th St. near Beach Channel Drive in the Edgemere section of the Rockaways. Young surrendered to police Tuesday.

In an interview with the Daily News, Young’s mother and sister put the blame on one of his friends and said Young wasn’t at the scene Saturday.

“I’ve seen the video 100 times. I can’t see my son in it. He turned himself in because he has nothing to hide. I don’t want my son to take the fall,” said his mother, Inita Young, 56.

2RR3IP3RTRBTFLZUK6T54GS2KU.jpg

His sister, Syrina Young, said he was home with her when the shooting happened about a half-mile away.

“He was here at the time,” the sister said. “I was talking to him. It came over Citizen app, I said, ‘Jovan, did you see what happened on (your friend’s) block?’”
The shooting victim, Justin, who would have turned 11 on Tuesday, was attending a family barbecue thrown by his 29-year-old cousin Saturday night.

Surveillance video shows the shooter pulling up to the home in a dark SUV before getting out and firing eight rounds into the house. The bullets hit Justin and his 29-year-old cousin, who survived the shooting.

Investigators believe the shooting may have been part of a long-running dispute over a shared driveway with next-door neighbors.
Young’s mother said his friend was one of those next-door neighbors.

“The neighbor next door has a problem with the people over a parking space,” she said. “He was supposed to be Jovan’s best friend. Now they’re all pointing the finger at Jovan. They’ve had a beef for years. Don’t drag my son into it. They should take responsibility for their own actions.””

She added, “He doesn’t even live over there.”

Inita Young said a detective visited their home on Saturday and handed one of Young’s sisters his business card.

Young went to talk to cops Tuesday, his mother said, but investigators didn’t give him the chance to tell them what he knew.

“They just threw the cuffs on him,” Inita Young said. “They didn’t care. He said he needed a lawyer because they are trying to put so much stuff on him.”

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
NYC has a reputation of convicting the innocent.

Hopefully if this guy truly is innocent he will be let free.

However, if he is guilty....

tenor.gif