‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler briefly detained and handcuffed Was Mistaken for a Bank Robber: Update Full Interview with Teller Erica Glass

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The director confirmed the incident to Variety. “This situation should never have happened,” he said. “However, Bank of America worked with me and addressed it to my satisfaction and we have moved on.”

For this to have happened in January and just get released, BoA took care of this quickly.

No doubt he was compensated very well.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You'd think 'Wakanda 'director would be banking black, but i guess that's perfect world thinking.
I can assure you has more than a few accounts placed among several banks. This was probably an account he uses for frequent cash transactions that he has at a bank with brick and mortars all over the country making it easy to access at all times.

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is all the teller's fault, she deserves all the blame. I bank with BOA, and I withdrawal large sums every week, they just ask me to remove the mask when checking my ID. Or they send a text to your cell and you read them back a code from they text they sent.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
No matter how in the right you are, the fucking pig always has advice for you to do something different... "You ever try calling first and doing it that way?".

Why does a nigga always have to make all these strategic maneuvers just to not get shot or harassed by the cops. Why doesnt that fucking pig go lecture the got dam bank on 911 abuse.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I could almost see the start of a misunderstanding here, but the fact that you had time to go to your boss, confer, and then call the cops would seem to indicate that it wasn't a robbery attempt. What damn robber is going to stand there and let you talk to people and let you make calls?

What it sounds like is that they thought there might be some type of fraud situation, not a robbery. But that just makes this dumber, because in that case, you absolutely don't need to call the cops first. Like people have said, there are numerous ways to confirm your identity. Also, aren't they not supposed to offer resistance to robber and the like? Seriously.

How is your job handling money, but you don't know how to handle people handling money?
Based on his response with being satisfied with the resolution, I get the impression he got a nice settlement
I assume this was the case as well.

Kaotic

Dancing with the devil in the pale moon light...
Platinum Member
May have been another teller or security that made the call, thinking it was a robbery.

Thank God they didn't come in on some hyped up white cop shit... But I can kinda see how that situation may have been mistaken for what it really was.

Think about it.. You see a masked dude pass a note to a teller.. Based on the scribble I just now had to pause to decipher, I can imagine the teller that got the note did the same.. As you continue to watch, then you see a teller go into the money drawer and pull out stacks. Hell with the current level of bank and store robberies just in Raleigh alone, I might have done the same thing. :dunno: Its unfortunate that his baby nurse got detained to though...

However... They should have attempted to verify more first before making the call.
On another note though... What kind of work is a medical assistant doing that requires you to pay them $12 K in cash?? :ssshhh:
Uncle Sam gonna see this shit on TMZ and those IRS gonna pay somebody a visit.

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
How are you robbing the bank if you give the teller the opportunity to LEAVE THE COUNTER and go speak to a manager? He specifically asked her to count the money elsewhere so that prying eyes wouldn't know he was withdrawing a large amount. :smh:

Last edited:

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Handing a bank teller a handwritten note while masked, wearing sunglasses and a hat, asking for $12K and discretion sounds pretty stupid to me...:dunno:
Handing a bank teller a handwritten note while masked (during covid) wearing sunglasses and a hat (without being asked to remove them) asking for 12k (while providing ID and a teller card) and discretion (because its a large sum of cash, you have hundreds of thousands in your account and YOU'RE FAMOUS) is ACTUALLY pretty damn smart.

The teller is a cot damn nincompoop, and you are too.

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
First off, I think it was a publicity stunt, thru brother should have call the bank manager and ahead of time to set it up so they will be no misunderstanding or attention drawn to him

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That's the craziest part right there, how am I gonna steal my own cash? Lmao only in America

Then you have the Believe All Gays publication, Variety adding fuel to the fuckery with their sensationalized headline "Ryan Coogler Mistaken for a Bank Robber" as if there's a bank robber at large.

Bruh, people are fucking stupid.

It's like the Teller and her Boss decided that reading comprehension is overrated and imaginative FEELINGS is the way to go.

Last edited:

Princenubian

Rising Star
Registered
This is all the teller's fault, she deserves all the blame. I bank with BOA, and I withdrawal large sums every week, they just ask me to remove the mask when checking my ID. Or they send a text to your cell and you read them back a code from they text they sent.

‘I 100% respectfully disagree w you.

My ex worked in a bank and it was her first real job, I believe she was 19 or 20 and didn’t know shit.

That’s why you have more experienced bank managers for situations like this.

What did the cops actually do? Verified his info? BofA needed the cops to do this.

‘Even the dispatcher, who wasn’t even there didnt sound like she was convinced.

Problem as always, cops are always quick to put Ni99as in handcuffs.

If manager is black he should be fired. If he’s white he should be promoted. Welcome to America.

Carry on…..

Princenubian

Rising Star
Registered
No matter how in the right you are, the fucking pig always has advice for you to do something different... "You ever try calling first and doing it that way?".

Why does a nigga always have to make all these strategic maneuvers just to not get shot or harassed by the cops. Why doesnt that fucking pig go lecture the got dam bank on 911 abuse.
May have been another teller or security that made the call, thinking it was a robbery.

Thank God they didn't come in on some hyped up white cop shit... But I can kinda see how that situation may have been mistaken for what it really was.

Think about it.. You see a masked dude pass a note to a teller.. Based on the scribble I just now had to pause to decipher, I can imagine the teller that got the note did the same.. As you continue to watch, then you see a teller go into the money drawer and pull out stacks. Hell with the current level of bank and store robberies just in Raleigh alone, I might have done the same thing. :dunno: Its unfortunate that his baby nurse got detained to though...

However... They should have attempted to verify more first before making the call.
On another note though... What kind of work is a medical assistant doing that requires you to pay them $12 K in cash?? :ssshhh:
Handing a bank teller a handwritten note while masked (during covid) wearing sunglasses and a hat (without being asked to remove them) asking for 12k (while providing ID and a teller card) and discretion (because its a large sum of cash, you have hundreds of thousands in your account and YOU'RE FAMOUS) is ACTUALLY pretty damn smart.

The teller is a cot damn nincompoop, and you are too.

Everyone has advice for the ni99a on Banking while black.

‘Would you consider wearing a tuxedo next time…”

“Do you have any white friends that could tag along next time…”

“Why didnt you just announce that you directed the Black Panther movie…”

The cop giving advice after cuffing a completely innocent and successful person takes the cake. ‘You….STFU!!!

Negro-Motorist-Green-Book1940.jpg

A satirical banking while black equivalent in pdf will be a great project.

Carry on…..

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member

NOPE. NO EXCUSE. NONE. PERIOD.

Coogler presented written instructions that said WITHDRAW 12K FOM MY ACCOUNT, along with ID and active bank card and pin number. The Teller and her Boss fucked up royally by not following simple protocol and let their imaginations run WILD AF. It's why BoA most likely paid a settlement.

Last edited:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
KKKops are sooooooooo full of shit, they couldve taken care of

the situation without having to handcuff him, simply by asking

the teller if the transaction was legit, and confirming he was who he said he was

thats it..SIMPLE!!

they were just hoping

he would overreact so they can get physical and guarantee a charge...

kkkops are fuckin disgusting... I just seen a clip where they made fuckin tens of BILLIONS

of dollars just taking peoples shit.. especially if they had cash, no matter if it was legit

or not..

at the end they tryin to get all buddy buddy hopin he would slip up and

say something they could used to defend thier fuck up

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Some of US here need to be honest and REAL!

The Teller being a Black Woman says a lot about the current state of this constant gender battle within OUR community.

Big-ASS deal she's "pregnant". I'm damn well sure she wouldn't have done this with a WHITE person. And I bet she's had transactions from White folks who withdrew way more than Coogler, did it with a smile, and said "HAVE A NICE DAY!".

And I bet quite a few of US here had had similar experiences on the daily.
Whether it's a Bank, Post Office, Grocery Store, etc.

Methinks Coogler just "blew it off" because He didn't want to be seen as attacking a Black Woman who's probably not making much anyway.
On top of not wanting to deal with a possible Social Media backlash from the very Bitter demographic Cats like BGS Ibmor, Kevin Samuels, Dennis Spurling, etc keeping warning Brothers about.

Dumb BITCH is probably bragging to her other (Bitter Bitch) friends about how she put a (famous) Black Man in his place and shit.
In a situation that could have ended further South (no pun intended).

Coogler should sue ALL parties involved.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
:roflmao: :roflmao:

Things that weirdos post

Nigga you know that's odd.

If that's what he wanted to do, go to a personal banker and he would have had all the discretion he wanted.
very far from odd - its very common

there are many reasons for using written notes at a bank-
eg... customers withdrawing /depositing on multiple accounts

note: imo- Coogler should have had a personal banker...

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I get that he had his ID, but who the fuck passes a fuckin' note to a teller in a damn bank?!!!!

That is odd as shit!
:lol:.....on the real though, Coogler still had his hood instincts up. He didn't want to get robbed or shot, he was paranoid about saying 12-gees & the sound of the money counter irked him 'cause it would bring too much attention. See, if he had a safe full of money at the house, he probably would be more paranoid.

Rich people problems!

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol:.....on the real though, Coogler still had his hood instincts up. He didn't want to get robbed or shot, he was paranoid about saying 12-gees & the sound of the money counter irked him 'cause it would bring too much attention. See, if he had a safe full of money at the house, he probably would be more paranoid.

Rich people problems!
That was my first thought when I saw that note. All the BS in ATL. He didn't want mofos popping they head up when they hear that counting machine. Didn't want to get got.