►► OFFICIAL UFC 212: Aldo vs. Holloway - June 3rd, 2017

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
http://mmajunkie.com/2017/06/silence-rio-max-holloway-ended-the-disputed-era-ufc-featherweight-title

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/06/ufc-21...karolina-kowalkiewicz-for-second-straight-win

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/06/twitter-reacts-claudia-gadelha-victory-karolina-kowalkiewicz-ufc-212

max-hollowy-jose-aldo-ufc-212-2.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Cool to see the ladies together. Karolina should be ashamed aittle bit though. She just shit the bed that night. I know she's better than that.

Yeah - was hoping for a better fight in the co-main. The 3 min' submission doesn't tell us too much moving forward, especially with them both looking to ONE DAY make their way back to Joanna in a 115lb title fight (with both having lost to her previously). Whereas Joanna has hinted she might move up to 125 before retiring in the years ahead.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yeah - was hoping for a better fight in the co-main. The 3 min' submission doesn't tell us too much moving forward, especially with them both looking to ONE DAY make their way back to Joanna in a 115lb title fight (with both having lost to her previously). Whereas Joanna has hinted she might move up to 125 before retiring in the years ahead.
Yeah from the takedown and submission she fell for I cant tell anything about Claudias new camp and if she learned anything, especially conditioning. KK takes too much time to get going unfortunately and she never got going on this one

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Yeah from the takedown and submission she fell for I cant tell anything about Claudias new camp and if she learned anything, especially conditioning. KK takes too much time to get going unfortunately and she never got going on this one

Exactly. Didn't get a chance to get going, and she's fun to watch given her regular durability.

As for Claudia - heard she interviewed applicants to be her current strength & conditioning coach. Also noted she had to focus on herself at this point in her career, and is getting more organized & specialized training in ABQ. I want to see her get an eventual 3rd fight with Joanna, but she might be in that Joseph Benavidez position (2 losses to DJ at 125lbs).

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Aldo definitely has time to adapt his game and maybe beat Max in a rematch later. Plus for some reason he wanted to try to beat dude on the feet. Not one leg kick. But I'm glad Max won. Aldo.... He's just too anti, and Max is better for the sport.

He pulls out of fights, won't learn a lick of English after all this time, just wants to be a fighter, which i understand, but in reality that shits boring lol

Two new guys came in, got on his head to different degrees and merked him.

I kinda hope he goes out on the pasture now. He doesn't seem like the type who will want to fight anyone else out there to get it back. And yeah, now I hope Max does work to Frankie to end the discussion.
Oh yeah That :yes:

richlove

Rising Star
Registered

Belfort the legend in his hometown getting a big 15 g's from Reebok. SMFH. He could have literally gotten more than 10 times that for putting a hand size logos on his shorts from about 3 companies for such a big fight. Dana wouldn't be living if I were one of those fighters.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Belfort the legend in his hometown getting a big 15 g's from Reebok. SMFH. He could have literally gotten more than 10 times that for putting a hand size logos on his shorts from about 3 companies for such a big fight. Dana wouldn't be living if I were one of those fighters.

At the party yesterday we were talking about various past sponsors, endorsements, etc. Some definitely had some major players in the game backing them.

Gatorade, Nike, Burger King, Microsoft X-Box, Everlast, Onnit, etc.

richlove

Rising Star
Registered
It's already fucked up that they have them on a win bonus system and the performance bonus system...then they come up with this reebok bullshit. It's going to take some really brave fighters to union up and cut the bullshit

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
It's already fucked up that they have them on a win bonus system and the performance bonus system...then they come up with this reebok bullshit. It's going to take some really brave fighters to union up and cut the bullshit

Yeah - haven't really heard too much from the MMAFA and MMAAA in recent months. They don't seem to be talking points as much anymore.

I can't believe Holloway beat Jose Aldo

We were surprised at Holloway's poise and resolve in the 1st round after Aldo was flurrying on him. Shows how well he recovers and gets better as the fight goes on ... turned it into a street fight vs. one of the sport's P4P best. Almost as if Aldo forget about leg kicks altogether. Holloway's last loss was nearly 4 years ago to McG.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Holloway#Mixed_martial_arts_record

richlove

Rising Star
Registered
I can't believe Holloway beat Jose Aldo
Why is that so unbelievable to you? Because of the caliber of fighter Aldo is, or you didn't think Max was that nice. He's the only one that went the distance with Conor at FW. Plus he just beat down and finished Showtime Pettis. I think taller, bigger strikers are just kryptonite for Aldo