2012 Grammy Awards - Video Performances:Nicki Minaj - "Roman Holiday"

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
cornel.gif

That Nicki shit was the worst ever...EVER!!!

The performances were mostly crap last night. Bruno set it off right, but then many of the rest, were meh...

gameboy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i'm predicting nicki's career is now over,,, between Black church goers, christian cacs, & all the rest of us (who thought her performance was garbage) she is about to be buried this year,,, she may be the youngest artist to be featured on UNSUNG

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i'm predicting nicki's career is now over,,, between Black church goers, christian cacs, & all the rest of us (who thought her performance was garbage) she is about to be buried this year

In shaa'Allah!!!

wildlover85

Star
Registered
Her,brown,and some cat who is trying to bring back elvis.If this was the best that grammys had to offer.I see why cats don't look that shit no more!

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
i'm predicting nicki's career is now over,,, between Black church goers, christian cacs, & all the rest of us (who thought her performance was garbage) she is about to be buried this year,,, she may be the youngest artist to be featured on UNSUNG

nah. The machine is behind her.....unfortunately :smh:

wildlover85

Star
Registered

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Vulcha

Potential Star
Registered
"They want dancers....they want lighting/ They want effects... to make them look exciting. But that's frightening.... because without that/ the whole crew..... is wic-wic-wic-wack"
128341.jpg

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That is true. Adele made me look at all these so called R&B singers sideways and I don't really fuck with her music like that. Plus she had just come off throat surgery. Smh

Adele can sing... But it seems as if the rest of the world has finally taken a page out of the "ninjas handbook." Her last album had 1 good song and overall was boring as fuck. Definitely not worth the hype she gets.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Nicki Minaj Catching Heat For Performing Exorcism During Grammy Awards

Nicki Minaj is getting a lot of negative attention recently. Her latest video for "Stupid H*e" has nearly 30 million views on youtube but the dislike to like ratio is more than double. The clip has also been banned from BET.

Last night her performance on the Grammys did nothing to quiet her growing number of critics. She showed up at the awards in a scarlet red outfit channeling her "Roman Zolanski" alter ego. She was accompanied by a man dressed up to resembled the pope. That was mild compared to her performance of "Roman Holiday" off of her upcoming album.

The Young Money rapper's performance resembled an exorcism. It started with a confession to a priest, before a short film "The Exorcism Of Roman" was shown. In the clip a mother tells a priest she didn't know where else to turn before he is shown to Roman's room. A possessed Roman retreats to an upper corner of the room and screams his name when asked what it is by the priest before the live performance begins again.

A performance that shows Nicki strapped to a table while dancers in robes gyrate beneath her. After freeing herself from the straps Nicki descends down a flight of stairs before things really go over the top. The exorcism begins complete with levitations and fire.

Catholic League President Bill Donohue issued a statement condemning the performance and Minaj.

Minaj’s performance began on stage with a mock confessional skit. This was followed by a taped video depicting a mock exorcism. With stained glass in the background, she appeared on stage again with choir boys and monks dancing.

Perhaps the most vulgar part was the sexual statement that showed a scantily clad female dancer stretching backwards while an altar boy knelt between her legs in prayer. Finally, “Come All Ye Faithful” was sung while a man posing as a bishop walked on stage; Minaj was shown levitating.

None of this was by accident, and all of it was approved by The Recording Academy, which puts on the Grammys. Whether Minaj is possessed is surely an open question, but what is not in doubt is the irresponsibility of The Recording Academy. Never would they allow an artist to insult Judaism or Islam.

The Hollywood Reporter accused the rapper of being a Lady Gaga rip off.

No Lady Gaga performance at the 2012 Grammys? Bummer. But wanna-be controversial rapper Nicki Minaj was happy do her best Gaga imitation.

First she arrived dressed in a Gaga-esque Versace red cloak-cape outfit accompanied by some strange old dude dressed like the Pope but without the necessary papal headgear and ornaments. He was more likely emulating a lower level bishop or something.

Then Nicki went on stage with that same poor guy, who seriously looked like he came from Central Casting, and began “fessing” the lyrics to her new single “Roman Holiday."

It got even more annoying when the show cut to a a pre-taped segment with the same dude doing his best Exorcist routine. (Think vintage SNL: "Your Mother Eats Kitty Litter, Your Mother Sews Socks That Smell"). All the while, Minaj applied more lipstick and sang the lyrics to “I Feel Pretty." Seriously, not making this up.

In case you fell asleep at this point, the show quickly flashed back to the Staples Center stage, adorned with enough stained glass to put Notre Dame and Chartres Cathedral to shame as Minaj was strapped to -- but eventually miraculously escaped -- some kind of of Hammer Studios Bride of Frankenstein table.

There was a lot of pyrotechniques, popes, choir boys, stained glass and even Minaj elevating. What no speaking in tongues? Wait, maybe that was the rap lyrics.

All of Minaj's sacrilegeous button-pushing is bound to annoy the Christian Right, the moral majority and make a few fleeting headlines. Was that the point?
http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/bl...ng-heat-for-performing-exorcism-during-grammy

Mo Pizorn

Star
Registered
Adele can sing... But it seems as if the rest of the world has finally taken a page out of the "ninjas handbook." Her last album had 1 good song and overall was boring as fuck. Definitely not worth the hype she gets.
Exactly.
Its funny how mutha fuckas completely ignore R&B and then when a white bitch sings some, then all of a sudden she's the greatest thing since sliced bread. :rolleyes:
Some people love to worship white folks.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Seriously, I'm waiting for people (artists) to start calling her out for this bullshit...fuck it, I want to see artists begin calling out others for bullshit like this. Dave Grohl kind of went there last night. While singers and musicians from the UK are mastering their craft, American artists are using gimmicks and fake wannabe witchcraft. :hmm:

The problem is that too many other big name artists are on the same bullshit. Katy Perry, same bullshit. Rihanna, same bullshit. Lil Wayne, damn near the same bullshit. There aren't that many artists that sell that are either at the top of their game or not dumbing down their shit. Grohl can do that cause rock is so varied that while their is some gimmicks being done it isn't nowhere near the majority.

Rick Spanish

Rising Star
Registered

Three #1 singles, 17 Million albums sold, and a Grammy for album of the Year... I think it had more than one good song bruh.

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i dont think that performance was that bad........but it also wasnt that good either. Its Nikki like what the fuck did everyone expect the bitch is a weirdo..........

I think its only getting so much attention because its the uppity ass grammys

I was not surprised at all by the performance what would have been more surprising is if she would have performed in regular clothes and rapped regular

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Three #1 singles, 17 Million albums sold, and a Grammy for album of the Year... I think it had more than one good song bruh.

Man man, Ive got both of her albums and have known about her for years. When I say her album was boring as fuck with the same subject matter, Im speaking the truth. The number of number 1 single and units sold means nothing to me. Her album was whinny, boring, basically the same song on repeat. The only reason shes getting so much hype is because shes a chubby white chick with a bit of a voice. 21 was weak as fuck, definitely not deserving of 6 awards...

wildlover85

Star
Registered
I don't think nicki understand her core fan base.It's not to many people who can appeal to wide market and substain them with same material for years.She is from the youtube age.If you upload it and you get 10 million hits.You consider yourself are a star.She need to get pete rock,daz,Premier,rakim,and krs-1.Spend six months with them on island.I garnette she could hold court and kill cats! :yes:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
The problem is that too many other big name artists are on the same bullshit. Katy Perry, same bullshit. Rihanna, same bullshit. Lil Wayne, damn near the same bullshit. There aren't that many artists that sell that are either at the top of their game or not dumbing down their shit. Grohl can do that cause rock is so varied that while their is some gimmicks being done it isn't nowhere near the majority.

Thing is, Grohl mentioned the polishing of ones craft. Grohl plays instruments, writes music and creates songs. Half of the popular artists today don't write play or produce shit. They are an image created in a studio and sold to the masses.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man man, Ive got both of her albums and have known about her for years. When I say her album was boring as fuck with the same subject matter, Im speaking the truth. The number of number 1 single and units sold means nothing to me. Her album was whinny, boring, basically the same song on repeat. The only reason shes getting so much hype is because shes a chubby white chick with a bit of a voice. 21 was weak as fuck, definitely not deserving of 6 awards...

i'll say this a beam me up mixtape shocked and impressed me .

but her shit is MAD inconsistent she is trying to reach to many people instead of just making good music...

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i'll say this a beam me up mixtape shocked and impressed me .

but her shit is MAD inconsistent she is trying to reach to many people instead of just making good music...

I was talking about Adele...

I thought he last album was aimed at the Keisha Cole, Mary J crowd with all her heartbreak, slow, sappy songs. The one relatively upbeat song she had I kinda liked til they played the color of it. Bitter lonely chicks made her more than what she is.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Seriously, I'm waiting for people (artists) to start calling her out for this bullshit...fuck it, I want to see artists begin calling out others for bullshit like this. Dave Grohl kind of went there last night. While singers and musicians from the UK are mastering their craft, American artists are using gimmicks and fake wannabe witchcraft. :hmm:

Yea man, I have to co-sign. Cape is coming off for that shit,