**** 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Major Hurricane Beryl (150 mph). Jamaica in a Hurricane Watch ****

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The GOES-U satellite was launched the other day. This is the newer model for the images I am displaying in this thread. I look forward to seeing the data. It will not go into operation yet because they must do some calibration. It's going to make some high-resolution scans of the Earth. I'm using data from the GOES-R series.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
203825-5day-cone-no-line-and-wind.png

012.jpg

aal02-2024062912-track-late.png

aal02-2024062918-intensity-late-experimental.png

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Hope it doesn't hit anywhere, hate hurricane season!
Bgol meteorologist always keep me up on game though so that's always comforting!
No lies, man for Ida I was putting info in my family group chat.

Moms would be like, where you got that from, they ain’t saying that.

“We got a hood meteorologist on bgol, we don’t do that news crap”

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Looks like Corpus to Brownsville should be on high alert.

Actually the whole gulf but those areas looking for sure

Yeah, southeast Texas should definitely be preparing now. Landfall somewhere along the gulf is looking certain.

Intensity is still to be determined. The gulf is known for storms going through rapid intensification and our numerical weather models aren’t sophisticated enough to predict that.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The storm rapidly intensified last night and is now at 115 mph. Southeastern Texas should be on alert. Forecast models are suggesting the storm will make landfall on the Yucatan Peninsula, causing it to weaken.

115045-5day-cone-no-line-and-wind.png

anigif.gif

02-L-geps-12z.png

nativeneworleanian06

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just hoping this does not turn Northeast towards Louisiana.

I've got family in New Orleans preparing now. Hopefully, they will not have to vacate the city for higher ground, etc. This hurricane season has me worried.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
any chance this shit hits the hot Gulf and turn into a Cat5?

It's possible, but it will hinder intensification if it hits the Yucatan.

I also thought these monsters usually turn more north as they approach. It would seem to have nearly no northward turn to hit the Yucatan.

The intensity of the high-pressure system in the Gulf is keeping it moving south. It doesn't look like it will ease up, which is good to avoid US landfall. However, dynamics like fronts could push the high pressure to the east, and the storm could take a northerly turn. Models suggest that it could happen after it hits the Yucatan.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_atl_6.png

Just hoping this does not turn Northeast towards Louisiana.

I've got family in New Orleans preparing now. Hopefully, they will not have to vacate the city for higher ground, etc. This hurricane season has me worried.

They should prepare, but nothing right now suggests that it will turn early enough to hit NO. Anything can happen, so it's best to get prepared anyway.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I have a strange feeling this thing is going to be a category five before the end of the day. This is some rapid intensification.

What’s interesting about hurricanes is that the ones that you think that are gonna come thru and Fuck shit up, they usually fizzle out and die before hitting land.

It’s the ones you least expect, when mofos have gotten comfortable and let there guard down…those are the ones that come thru like Godzilla.

3gmomU.gif

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
What’s interesting about hurricanes is that the ones that you think that are gonna come thru and Fuck shit up, they usually fizzle out and die before hitting land.

It’s the ones you least expect, when mofos have gotten comfortable and let there guard down…those are the ones that come thru like Godzilla.

3gmomU.gif
Precisely