**** 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Hurricane Debby (75 mph | Max: 80 mph): Dangerous Flooding Expected from the GA to SC Coast ****

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
On my way up here to ATL, I saw a number of Utility trucks on the hwy

Had me wondering if they were heading to Texas

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Why were Houston residents with generators during Hurricane Beryl still experiencing power outages?
July 18, 2024

Houston’s post-Beryl outages highlight benefits of distributed energy

More solar, batteries, and gas microgrids could have helped Houston during last week’s outages. But state leaders and utilities haven’t made them a priority.

Jeff St. John
18 July 2024

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
With the ocean temps very warm and the expect La Niña pattern, NOAA is predicting an above average hurricane season.

2024-NOAA-Hurricane-Forecast-With-Avg-1.png
Yo bro what’s up with this wave

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have a sneaky suspicion. This is going to reach hurricane status in the Gulf of Mexico cause that water is super hot. Also, Florida is about to be underwater.
too bad most of Florida doesn't offer flood insurance.
im glad i never had to deal with the flooding when i lived there.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The entire East Coast needs to pay attention. Once it passes through Florida, this storm is looking to do weird things.

RIght now, both the GFS and ECMWF model has the storm hanging around the GA and SC coast for a prolonged time (more than a day). The GFS is sending it up the Eastern coast and the ECMWF has it making landfall around GA and SC.

GFS Model

ECMWF Model

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
I'm just going to put out here. We can ignore climate change as a society as much as we like but that doesn't change the fact that the oceans are warming.

We have probably a decade, if that, before there are millions of refugees from coastal areas. These storms are just going to become worse and more frequent.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
This system is going to be a mess. if you are in a low line area within north Florida and South Carolina and south eastern Georgia if you could leave, you should leave

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
You do the Lord's work brotha.

With all the batshit trolls on this site, it's people like you that make it worth coming to.
I don't even hit the weather channel before I check here, he's saved me mad dough from panic buying for storms and helped warn when it was time to bunker down.

Major thanks!
Appreciate it, fam. I care about the safety of folks and their families. So I just want to provide helpful information without all the extra BS.
In fact I swear I have people calling me asking what my guy says including my mom whenever storms hit. Your accuracy is the stuff of legends.