**** 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Hurricane Helene (140 mph) | Massive Devastation in NC And TN Mountains. Historic Flooding in parts of ATL ****

rebel

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the SE will really need some policy changes to slow down global warming, new building codes, proper drainage to minimize flooding, holding insurance companies accountable. with powerful storms being produced in the gulf and caribbean sea hoping for the islands to be speed bumps :rolleyes: is a thing of the past

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
the SE will really need some policy changes to slow down global warming, new building codes, proper drainage to minimize flooding, holding insurance companies accountable. with powerful storms being produced in the gulf and caribbean sea hoping for the islands to be speed bumps :rolleyes: is a thing of the past
We are beyond the tipping point when it comes to global warmings and the oceans is running extremely high. In other words, we are screwed.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
those FL conservatives that don't like gov hand out like student loan repayment / down payment assistance will stick their greedy hands out for FEMA money cause they got shit insurance :rolleyes:
Especially with the assurance company, Trippin

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor

I am not going to sugar-count this, but this is catastrophic in the mountains right now. These are all the flash flood emergencies in effect now. Landslides, floods, dam failures, washed-away homes, and bridges are everywhere. We don't even know how bad it is in spots since all communication and most power are out. Please pray for these people and help in any way you can.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All my fam in Atlanta are good.
however my brothers and kinfolk in south GA gonna be without power for about 2 or 3 days.
he said its pine trees and powerlines down on damn near every street

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

90192895-13899761-The_storm_made_landfall_on_Thursday_and_brought_with_it_a_storm_-a-1_1727464767851.jpg

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This was a historic hurricane. Its impacts were felt across Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Tennessee. Georgia received a tremendous amount of rain, especially in the North Carolina Mountains. The storm surge was at record-breaking levels in Florida, and there was widespread wind damage from the hurricane and tornadoes.

Every hurricane is different. Helene probably caused more damage in western NC than in Florida, where it made landfall. That's over 450 miles away. Never take the threats lightly. There was not much those folks in western NC could have done. Some places received over 30 inches of rain in two days.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
This was a historic hurricane. Its impacts were felt across Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Tennessee. Georgia received a tremendous amount of rain, especially in the North Carolina Mountains. The storm surge was at record-breaking levels in Florida, and there was widespread wind damage from the hurricane and tornadoes.

Every hurricane is different. Helene probably caused more damage in western NC than in Florida, where it made landfall. That's over 450 miles away. Never take the threats lightly. There was not much those folks in western NC could have done. Some places received over 30 inches of rain in two days.
I haven’t been watching much over the last couple hours

But that 30mph was shocking to me but this water in NC is mind blogging

easy_b

BGOL Investor
This storm is going to be extremely expensive and a lot of these people do not have flood insurance and FEMA is going broke and the Republicans and Congress are sitting on their fucking hands.