**** 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Major Hurricane Milton (Currently: 150 mph | Max: 180 mph) | West Florida On Notice ****

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
The storm is down to 145 mph and may continue to weaken some as it becomes more prominent in size. It went through eyewall replacement, which caused it to weaken.

092140_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png
I hate to say this, but I think it’s going to strengthen again. You know with an eye wall replacement it goes through a weakening phase, but soon as that replacement is completed it go through strengthening again. This hurricane is doing things I never seen a hurricane do so if you still live in Florida especially West Coast, Florida. You want to keep a strong eye on this hurricane.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Bet their insurance is either high or non-existent and on top of that prone to sinkholes.
Those developments should have never been built like that because soon as you get a powerful hurricane come through there that whole landscape is going to be changed forever. As I stated last night, we are not prepared for the own slot of climate change activities.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Hurricanes can't produce supercells
You are actually correct….

hurricanes cannot produce supercells because the wind shears that create supercells would disrupt and dissipate a hurricane. However, hurricanes can produce tornadoes in other ways:
  • Non-supercell tornadoes: These tornadoes form when ground level rotation interacts with an updraft.
  • Thunderstorms that break away: Thunderstorms that break away from a hurricane can become separate supercell thunderstorms.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Those developments should have never been built like that because soon as you get a powerful hurricane come through there that whole landscape is going to be changed forever. As I stated last night, we are not prepared for the own slot of climate change activities.
After they've been completely wiped out.....u will still have these cacs talking bout...."we're gonna stay and rebuild".
Only to get hit again the following year.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Hurricanes can't produce supercells

You are actually correct….

hurricanes cannot produce supercells because the wind shears that create supercells would disrupt and dissipate a hurricane. However, hurricanes can produce tornadoes in other ways:
  • Non-supercell tornadoes: These tornadoes form when ground level rotation interacts with an updraft.
  • Thunderstorms that break away: Thunderstorms that break away from a hurricane can become separate supercell thunderstorms.

Im not a fan of the semantics used here. Outer rain bands are very much part of a hurricane, just not the core part of the storm.

The outer bands, especially on the northeast quadrant of the storm produces the most tornadoes. When interacting with cold fronts and enough convective available potential energy (CAPE), those embedded storms behave like supercells even though they are away from the core of the hurricane.

So saying that hurricanes can’t produced supercells is not true and true at the same time.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Im not a fan of the semantics used here. Outer rain bands are very much part of a hurricane, just not the core part of the storm.

The outer bands, especially on the northeast quadrant of the storm produces the most tornadoes. When interacting with cold fronts and enough convective available potential energy (CAPE), those embedded storms behave like supercells even though they are away from the core of the hurricane.

So saying that hurricanes can’t produced supercells is not true and true at the same time.
And you are also correct. The core of the hurricane of course you going to have a hard time producing super cell but the feeder bands you make a produce a minor one especially if it’s a slower hurricane rotation.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I hate to say this, but I think it’s going to strengthen again. You know with an eye wall replacement it goes through a weakening phase, but soon as that replacement is completed it go through strengthening again. This hurricane is doing things I never seen a hurricane do so if you still live in Florida especially West Coast, Florida. You want to keep a strong eye on this hurricane.

Also, this thing will blast thru Florida straight to the Atlantic where it will strengthen up again from the warm waters.

Then head north straight up the Atlantic seaboard towards the North east, Philadelphia, New York, Boston and New England areas causing chaos.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Full confession

I do love the Weather Channel coverage when these things go down.

It's their Super Bowl and it shows. They really love this shit.

They fight so hard to hide their admiration of a superstorm to not seem insensitive to the locals lol.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In Helene they sent the Brotherman to Ashville and he was complaining about not having lights and water in his hotel, right after reporting on the locals who lost everything.