A 14 year old boy was arrested after Detroit raid found illegal 3D-printed gun operation

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
My thirteen year old son is over here 3D printing mini NES cases for his Raspberry Pi, Rocktopuss figures for his sisters and friends, Star Wars TIE fighters for me and LEGO accessories for this collection.....meanwhile this kid is printing guns/gun parts. I doubt he found those files on Printables, Thingiverse or Cults3D.... Damn.

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Why don’t you close your browser, go to the library, and fertilize your inquisitive nature there. Thats the perfect place for a growing mind in need.

I was making a statement. Why don't you close your browser and just find something else to do that doesn't involve taking potshots at people? I was not coming for you. That wasn't called for, fam.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
To buy clips and barrels and assorted parts you dont need a gun license. Printed guns are basically just the frame.
Looks like they 3D printing never should've existed because people will find ways to use that shit for the wrong reasons.

BoxEater

Talking shit and looking at pussy with the fellas
BGOL Investor
My thirteen year old son is over here 3D printing mini NES cases for his Raspberry Pi, Rocktopuss figures for his sisters and friends, Star Wars TIE fighters for me and LEGO accessories for this collection.....meanwhile this kid is printing guns/gun parts. I doubt he found those files on Printables, Thingiverse or Cults3D.... Damn.
A lot of the designs are available on the dark web. The kid may or may not have developed the 3d modeling to make the printed part.

illdog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Who snitched...? Sibling rivalry came to a head...after lil Sissy caught Jeremy grindin up 1 of her Barbies for print media..

giphy-downsized-large.gif

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
A lot of the designs are available on the dark web. The kid may or may not have developed the 3d modeling to make the printed part.
Which makes this even sadder. The kid's parents should be held accountable as well. Those 3D printers are not cheap and if he got those files from the dark web, well, mom and dad need to own up to not knowing WTF their kid is doing.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Which makes this even sadder. The kid's parents should be held accountable as well. Those 3D printers are not cheap and if he got those files from the dark web, well, mom and dad need to own up to not knowing WTF their kid is doing.
A couple things. 3-D printers are cheap. And this young lad sounds I’m very enterprising. I remember buying a dvd replicator back in 97-98 and didn’t really start making money until 2001. The Dark W is all FBI.

Do you guys remember the story about the kid from Texas, maybe around the same age, engaged in the same behavior that got his older brother in the ground?

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
A couple things. 3-D printers are cheap. And this young lad sounds I’m very enterprising. I remember buying a dvd replicator back in 97-98 and didn’t really start making money until 2001. The Dark W is all FBI.

Do you guys remember the story about the kid from Texas, maybe around the same age, engaged in the same behavior that got his older brother in the ground?
Some are cheap, but at the level this kid was printing. No. Looking at the printer in the picture, it looks like TWO Neptune 3s, those cost about the same as a PS5. For a fourteen year old, that aint cheap, not including the filament.

We have a smaller 3d printer and it takes hours upon hours to print small projects. If this kid was printing as many guns as seen on the picture posted, he had a larger more expensive model.

BoxEater

BGOL Investor
Looks like they 3D printing never should've existed because people will find ways to use that shit for the wrong reasons.
The tech is actually amazing. Its going to revolutionize aerospace and usher in the ability to build complex machines that existing manufacturing techniques (blow molding, injection molding) can't do.

Think about a base or colony on the moon. You could shoot a few industrial printers to the moon and print a bunch of complex parts out of some kind of moon-concrete and build a massive facility. Lots of really cool applications for the tech, but sadly, weapons and other evil will be commensurate.

big enos burrnet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That is wild!!

These kids know so much about computers and how to program shit at such an early age, really not that surprised.
my son knew the kid up in pontiac got caught 3 yrs ago making & modifying weapons...the boy was 18 and one of the guns he made
was used in a murder..and at the same time the ATF was tracking his mail orders coming from russia...

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The tech is actually amazing. Its going to revolutionize aerospace and usher in the ability to build complex machines that existing manufacturing techniques (blow molding, injection molding) can't do.

Think about a base or colony on the moon. You could shoot a few industrial printers to the moon and print a bunch of complex parts out of some kind of moon-concrete and build a massive facility. Lots of really cool applications for the tech, but sadly, weapons and other evil will be commensurate.

Wow

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's easier than you would think, I walked into a niggas house and he had two of them same joints on a kitchen table with parts out just like that picture and he was giving me the rundown and I was just looking.

That was in July before he went to jail for being a felon with all of that shit and he's sitting down there praying the feds doesn't pick up the case.

Last edited:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
3d printers are not expensive and the parents could think he is a good think experimenting with designs.

big enos burrnet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

sho nuff...this chic i know her son is going to this innovation tech training center here in detroit,,and this is mudfuuca go say
to us yall want to see what inside cause i personally didnt know all that shit was in that building..so he had to go on a saturday
to make up some lab time and gottt damm these kids are 3D printing parts for space x and the D.O.D..and saturday was the only
day to get us in cause it wasnt guarded by the military...even seen these new bullet proof composite doors for the humvee that
was develop in there...

BoxEater

BGOL Investor
sho nuff...this chic i know her son is going to this innovation tech training center here in detroit,,and this is mudfuuca go say
to us yall want to see what inside cause i personally didnt know all that shit was in that building..so he had to go on a saturday
to make up some lab time and gottt damm these kids are 3D printing parts for space x and the D.O.D..and saturday was the only
day to get us in cause it wasnt guarded by the military...even seen these new bullet proof composite doors for the humvee that
was develop in there...
Thats awesome man. I love hearing about Black kids in this.

This is the branch of the tech that will lead to spaceships and other next-gen/next-lifetime shit.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
3d printers are not expensive and the parents could think he is a good think experimenting with designs.
Like I posted above, the model in the image posted looks to be a $400-500 Elegoo Neptune model. There are two printers in the image.