A.I. is turning hip hop songs in to Soul/R&B and Disco songs.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Hold on did Drake officially release it did he NEED to clear it?

What did he do different as opposed to what everyone else is doing with tupan AND his voice?

snoop reposted it on his own account.
He didn't officially release it which is the point lol

He tried it and they said nope and that was that

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
He didn't officially release it which is the point lol

He tried it and they said nope and that was that

You REALLY think he was gonna "try" and not get permission?

sidebar...what are your thoughts on this "battle" so far?

You think Cole going to be alright?

What do you think about the response so far?

You think K taking to long?

It K's response is underwhelming will it even matter when he is already a certified legend?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Random:

Some of yall might be familiar with that City Pop trend that happened a few years back. City Pop became popular in part because it gave people a sense of "false nostalgia". You had kids born in the mid-2000s listening to City Pop playlists on YouTube and reported feeling like they were transported back to Tokyo circa 1983.

Part of that "false nostalgia" is because City Pop takes elements from Soul, R&B, Disco, Post-Disco, New Wave, Adult Orient Rock, Soft Rock and towards the late 80s, early 90s New Jack Swing and blends it all together. So when you listen to it, you get familiar sounds from people you never heard before, singing songs in languages you don't speak.

There is something similar with these songs but the human element that is present in Japanese City Pop is not there and it's quite noticeable, it's almost like an uncanny valley for audio.
mind-blown-shocked-face.gif

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
You REALLY think he was gonna "try" and not get permission?

sidebar...what are your thoughts on this "battle" so far?

You think Cole going to be alright?

What do you think about the response so far?

You think K taking to long?

It K's response is underwhelming will it even matter when he is already a certified legend?
He did try
Got caught
Nope cole is done
So far decent
Heard he's coming out with an album to go with it
He won he has a PULITZER PRIZE album
There's no topping that
No sales no nothing

Now it's about bars

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
He did try
Got caught
Nope cole is done
So far decent
Heard he's coming out with an album to go with it
He won he has a PULITZER PRIZE album
There's no topping that
No sales no nothing

Now it's about bars

I completely disagree about Cole WTF you mean he DONE? Career OVER? Why?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
His career isn't over his claim as a great is over

apologies

I thought you burying him. But rappers been saying they were great for decades and they never were and never would be. I think its fine if Cole still does that. To me? Something happened behind the scenes between those 2 men and Jermaine f*cked up royal and was man enough to fix that. I respected it. He DOES have to kinda watch it going forward but I don't see it as a question of his MC abilities and ability to brag.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
If he's dropping an entire album then time don't matter
Nas responded months after takeover on his album

I agree with the album part

but we aint in 2001 no more

While I actually don't agree with time limits I also don't agree in using that as some type of precedent, this is a different era. I do think response time can give extra points.

and I am definitely sure that same consideration would not have been given to Aubrey.

I've been lackluster on this battle because I don't like the peanut gallery additions, besides THAT? I like this.

Last edited:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
apologies

I thought you burying him. But rappers been saying they were great for decades and they never were and never would be. I think its fine if Cole still does that. To me? Something happened behind the scenes between those 2 men and Jermaine f*cked up royal and was man enough to fix that. I respected it. He DOES have to kinda watch it going forward but I don't see it as a question of his MC abilities and ability to brag.
He can't jump bad at nobody else

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I agree with the album part

but we aint in 2001 no more

While I actually don't agree with time limits I also don't agree in using that as some type of precedent, this is a different era. I do think response time can give extra points.

and I am definitely sure that same consideration would not have been given to Aubrey.

I've been lackluster on this battle because I don't like the peanut gallery additions, besides THAT? I like this.
Aubrey took a month to respond to begin with lol

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
He can't jump bad at nobody else

Why not?

He basically said those are BOTH my friends I shouldn't have gotten in between I'm out.

I don't think he EVER said Kendrick is BETTER than him or Drake is the GOAT?

He said this SPECIIFC beef is gonna get worse and I don't like it.

the rest of scabs can still get it though.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Why not?

He basically said those are BOTH my friends I shouldn't have gotten in between I'm out.

I don't think he EVER said Kendrick is BETTER than him or Drake is the GOAT?

He said this SPECIIFC beef is gonna get worse and I don't like it.

the rest of scabs can still get it though.

Yea but that means I'll bully the lower class and bow out of the top ranks

Specifically lol

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yea but that means I'll bully the lower class and bow out of the top ranks

Specifically lol

No just THOSE 2 dudes

who happen to ALSO be his close friends off the field.

So ALL the other rappers have conceded that they those 2 dudes are the BEST and everyone ELSE are opening acts?

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor

Mannn that was amazing, I'm gonna add this to my playlist and have it playing in my car, someone did this with Sexy Red “poundtown“ song saying she had stole it and people were arguing in the comments claiming they knew it and had heard the original when they were young :lol: :hithead:

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Still makes music like his name is Jermaine

While he DID have some soild records overall I think it was a mistake for him to try and produce and rap. He has GREATLY improved because intially he was boring but the BARS were there. And recently I like that he kinda found himself and created his own lane and style and showed a lot of talent skill and diversity and established a real identity he was comfortable with.

So although I aint a big fan I just liked what he stood for as a young black man and MC warts and all.