A quiet place prequel.. a quiet place: day one trailer

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I would give it a six. No one saw how the aliens arrived. No ships. No nothing. They also almost turned the movie into a drama/love story piece. You could take out the last 30-40min before the sacrifice and I'll be okay with the rest.
That's a good point. The whole point of a prequel is telling how the ENTIRE story got started in the 1st place.

wxyDWv.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
There's going to be another that's a direct sequel to the first two...
If there's a fourth one It would actually be a sequel to the first movie. The second movie was a prequel to the first, and this one Is actually a prequel to the second. In other words If you wanted to look at the movies In order, you would have to look at them backwards. This new one, the second one then the first one.

Thanks.

I suspected that is what is going on.

Reading the reviews in this thread, it’s pretty clear this is not a film for people who suffer from Movie ADHD.

Movie ADHD - Sufferers of this affliction, when watching a film, within the first 5 minutes after opening credits, the full story needs to be explained, full mind blowing action within this time frame also must happen. If not, then the film sucks. Movie ADHD sufferers cannot sit thru character and story development.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Okay I just finished watching this
And I definitely get the mixed reviews from a lot of people
Honestly I think the writers/directors failed at execution with this movie
So some things, people just did not relate to

Point #1
I know a lot of people went into this, thinking it was going to be action & more action
Similar to Independence Day with Will Smith, or The Edge of Tomorrow with Tom Cruise & Emily Blount
People probably thought we would see something new with the Aliens or fighting the military, etc, etc
Because that was sort of how it was advertised in the previews/trailers
But in reality, it was the complete opposite
Instead of a action/suspense movie, it ended up to be a drama+love/suspense movie

Point #2
The thing that a lot of people forgot about or didn't pick up on, was that isn't just a regular cat
That's actually a "Service Cat"
A "service cat" is kind of similar to a seeing eye dog (guide dog) for blind people
A service cat for hospice patients are trained cats to provide emotional support & companionship, etc, etc
Its actually not just a regular house cat, so it doesn't act the same way as a regular cat
But the problem is, the writers/directors should've explained this a bit more

Point #3
The pizza narrative, wasn't just about getting some pizza
Similar to how Puffy making them ninjas walk to Juniors for some cheesecake, wasn't just because he was hungry
There was an underlying message
She was a hospice cancer patient that only had like a few weeks left to live
So I guess that is what made her happy, & that's how she wanted to finally go out
The writers/directors wanted to switch up the tone of the movie, & bring in a deep emotional element to the movie (cancer)
But they kind of failed
Because the movie was only an hour & a half long, & not enough time to develop certain emotional elements
Plus the plot was paper thin, so the movie as a whole dragged & felt kind of boring

Point #4
How Lupita Nyong go from the girlfriend/wife of Black Panther
To hugging up to some dumbass cracka ass crackas, in this movie
I know the last 30 minutes had some ninjas looking at her sideways & rolling their eyes like... :rolleyes2:

I understand what the writers/directors were trying to do
But instead the movie just came across as more of the same as the last ones + being kind of boring & just plain "flat"
Ninjas got catfished thinking the tone of the movie was going to be one way, & it ended up being totally different, LOL
This is probably like a 6.5 out of 10 for me
And I'm being nice because of Lupita's acting

Last edited:

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I would give it a six. No one saw how the aliens arrived. No ships. No nothing. They also almost turned the movie into a drama/love story piece. You could take out the last 30-40min before the sacrifice and I'll be okay with the rest.
So still no alien origin reveal :angry: They gone keep milking it cause they know folk want to know why ,where, when and how

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So....I never watched any of these and I watched all 3 in the last 2 days.

I could go for another one

Maybe the 4th is from the military prospective or something. I like how they kind of go in reverse with the story telling.

Are they even planning another one?

Side note..shout out to the bootlegger who embedded subs in my cam copy. That was a pleasant surprise

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
So....I never watched any of these and I watched all 3 in the last 2 days.

I could go for another one

Maybe the 4th is from the military prospective or something. I like how they kind of go in reverse with the story telling.

Are they even planning another one?

Side note..shout out to the bootlegger who embedded subs in my cam copy. That was a pleasant surprise
The next one supposed to be the 3rd installment of the first family adventures

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Last 30 mins of the 3rd installment could cure insomnia.. how I struggled to stay up was a miracle… movies like this is why I will continue not to support the movie industry.. imagine paying $15 or more for this shitfest thinking you were going into an action pack invasion based off the trailers.. free.com will continue recieving my support