A search is underway for missing submarine that takes people to see Titanic..

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Apologies if repost...

:roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3:

oYhwPf.jpg

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The mfkr didn't manufacture his own carbon fiber, he used rejected (lower cost) fiber, he screwed the monitor into the fiber further weakening it, there was no dampening/absorbsition material used on the hull, the hull was made of its own proprietary carbon fiber metal alloy when hundreds if not thousands of other submersible dives had been completed with all metal hulls, he avoided all safety inspections and certifications.....the hull bolts were hand tightened......and finally after every dive ALL OF THE SEALS AND GASKETS should be replaced and reinspected....(it sounds like none of that happened either!!)

As was pointed out earlier, James Cameron's submersible costed $10 mill and follows all safety protocols / guidelines and as a result he has taken numerous trips to the Titanic with no issue.....

The "Titan," was held together by duct tape and perseverance in comparison.

This was a shit show and just because it worked the first 2 times (barely, if you heard the story about underwater current and impact with the Titanic)...this program needed serious adjustments/updates and now that whole company is doomed and 5 people needlessly lost their lives.

Last edited:

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Just saying. They've been around for 14 years, 200 dives and nobody died.

People acting like they just went down there with this

images

A few things, fam

1. This was the 1st year an even more janky submersible build was used in an attempt to travel to the Titanic wreckage.

2. The "200 dives" claim is misleading. OceanGate did NOT make 200 dives to the Titanic:

How many times has OceanGate been to the Titanic?​

OceanGate has taken tourists to the Titanic in the Titan submersible three times in total, once each year from 2021 to 2023.

Before launching the expeditions in 2021, the company had also undergone more than 50 test dives, Sky News reports, some of which were to the equivalent depth of the Titanic.

The Titanic trip was designed to be a yearly expedition, allowing tourists to pay $250,000 for an eight-day excursion to see the wreck.

3. The writing was on the wall and there is no long successful track record with OceanGate's submersible making it to the Titanic:

"It wasn’t until 2021, then again in 2022, that the Titan made the first of several dives to the most famous shipwreck in the world. While generally successful, those expeditions hadn’t been without their own problems."

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is the dumbest shit ever. Explain to me again why they let this circus play out over four days when they knew them fuckers were reduced to the dimensions of a sardine can four hours into the trip?

Because dumbasses would then flip it into it's Biden's fault that they are dead if the noise actually came from something else, and they actually ran out of oxygen and died. It's kind of the same reason why EMS will look like they are trying to save someone's life even when they know they've been dead for a while. It's better off to look like you give a fuck because ultimately that's all that people are going to remember.

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This thread and Twitter is proof positive that people LOVE negativity.

I bet most people had NO IDEA that groups have been going down to see the titanic since the 80s when it was discovered.

Jame Cameron has been down there dozens of times and I think he is part owner of a.company that finds other shipwrecks.

People die doing what they love everyday. Somebody is right now somewhere. Personally I don't find it funny.

But that's just me I guess.

What's the point of living if you never take any kind of chances?
Deep diving isn't my thing but I understand the appeal.

Would you go to a gourmet restaurant that openly states that the food they serve is all expired because "Food companies are always overly conservative over how quickly things spoil?" Because that's what they basically did with using carbon fiber Boeing rejected for being too old.

No one is saying James Cameron and others spared no expense making their submarine, but I doubt they cut corners on life support. To me, using a game controller instead of spending $300K is an acceptable risk. After all, they have been around in some form for over 50 years. But trying to save a buck on the one thing that's keeping you from being pulverized? That's wreckless. And it's not that hard to find the extent of things they cheaped out on. That's not smart, that's very careless and stupid.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator

Oceangate Submarine Disaster - What REALLY Happened​

We've all been glued to our TV sets hoping and praying that the 5 souls aboard the Oceangate Titan would come home safely, after being lost at sea. But sadly, as the wreckage was found, we know that is not the case. This is a sad tragedy, but so much about this story deserves a deeper look. As an engineer, I'm furious with some of the things that led up to this event, so today let's break down what really happened and figure this out together.

This is an excellent breakdown and he hits all the points I mentioned in a much more comprehensive way than I did here. It's a great watch, and fully explains how full of shit the ceo and company was.

Fuck them for getting people killed just because of their ego.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
The mfkr didn't manufacture his own carbon fiber, he used rejected (lower cost) fiber, he screwed the monitor into the fiber further weakening it, there was no dampening/absorbsition material used on the hull, the hull was made of its own proprietary carbon fiber metal alloy when hindeeds if not thousands of dives had been completed with all metal hulls, he avoided all safety inspections and certifications.....he hand tightened all the bolts......and finally after every dive ALL OF THE SEALS AND GASKETS should be replaced and reinspected....(it sounds like none of that happened either!!)

As was pointed out earlier, James Cameron's submersible costed $10 mill and follows all safety protocols / guidelines and as a result he has taken numerous trips to the Titanic with no issue.....

The "Titan," was held together by duct tape and perseverance in comparison.

This was a shit show and just because it worked the first 2 times (barely, if you heard the story about underwater current and impact with the Titanic)...this program needed serious adjustments/updates and now that whole company is doomed and 5 people needlessly lost their lives.
I don't know shit about subs. I don't know shit about cars either but I am building one from ALMOST scratch.

Its top speed is 28 mph and gets about 128 miles per charge. :lol: no regulation rear or side view mirrors, turn signals or brake lights.

Even though there's much less risk to me, If you think I'll EVER put this contraption out in highway traffic with other cars you are out your cotton picking mind.

I don't even think I can insure this thing like its a regular automobile.

Some folks are so arrogant they cross right over into fucking stupidity.
fuck that. That dude was crazy and convinced other folks to share his insanity.

FuriousStyles

Rising Star
Registered
It is just peak white boy stuff to me. A lot of white boys tend to be reckless because they feel the world is theirs. Throw in money and fancy degrees and you have the recipe for this kind of shiggety. They start to believe their own press about how "special" and "brilliant" they are. These types always seem to think they are the smartest person in the room and that they are the new, successful Prometheans. I've seen it all my life dealing with these types.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
This is an excellent breakdown and he hits all the points I mentioned in a much more comprehensive way than I did here. It's a great watch, and fully explains how full of shit the ceo and company was.

Fuck them for getting people killed just because of their ego.
You're the man to ask about this shit. You've dropped a lot of knowledge about this subject.

So if I had $1 billion dollars and could pay 250k without blinking, how much would it cost to have the minivan-sized sub inspected by an industry expert to tell me the obvious of :lol: "thanks for the check, but you could have just looked at that shit and known better"

What would the consult bill be? Factor in that I need more than one opinion.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered

This is what I am talking about some sabotage further up the supply chain that disrupts the entire automobile industry. These components he needed or engineering could have been rigged to fail.

maxresdefault.jpg

A religious nut job that is cloaked in progressive academia or a racially conservative WS.

fab6d786-c0b8-42e1-aabf-1cee4395abad_1920x1080.jpg

They sabotage the global supply chain where you couldn't even get a car without paying $30,000 above MSRP. NASA has strangely walked away from the space program. They just pumped money into the semiconductor industry to diversify the supply chain, that is the only response. It is like after 9.11 just building three Twin Towers and pretending it did not happen.

Here you won't get a decent phone or computer that is cutting edge. Tim Cook is probably on some death list with the LGTBQ+ community being retaliated against, Intel has capitulated to their demands.

The government is just sitting there aloof, not warning people of the potential dangers, I got slashed up in the forearm and almost died on the freeway from some booby trap they had setup with the drainage system.

Look at this fool going on TV provoking these people.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor

Inside the OceanGate Titan tragedy

This week a submersible carrying passengers to the site of the wreck of the Titanic disappeared in the North Atlantic; all five aboard perished in a catastrophic implosion. Correspondent David Pogue, who rode in the same underwater vehicle last year, reports on this latest disaster, and looks back on his interviews with OceanGate CEO Stockton Rush and deep-sea explorer P.H. Nargeolet, who were among those killed.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Based on SIGINT, they hurt you financially, here it was crippling the global chip supply chain causing massive disruption with the auto sector.

tumblr_inline_nz1ukzjSvn1shsvef_1280.jpg

The Oceangate CEO did not get the memo and even had some NASA astronaut involved in the project. The next step is death.

Jeff Bezos and Blue Origin is another perfect example. Amazon has had to contend with massive unionization efforts that have hurt the company financially after braggadociously sending William Shatner and other passengers into space. If he continues his racket with space tourism he could die in some freak accident. I know he had issues with his phone being hacked.

He needs to start attending church and leading prayers at these space launch events.

It is Pride month so this matches perfectly with their effeminate behavior. I want to go into a gladiator ring with some of these fools with a crowd cheering me on.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
Lol,

The whole world heard that some billionaires were lost and possibly dead on a cheap submarine and was like:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
You're the man to ask about this shit. You've dropped a lot of knowledge about this subject.

So if I had $1 billion dollars and could pay 250k without blinking, how much would it cost to have the minivan-sized sub inspected by an industry expert to tell me the obvious of :lol: "thanks for the check, but you could have just looked at that shit and known better"

What would the consult bill be? Factor in that I need more than one opinion.
Whenever I installed a new ROV on a drillship or rig (I've done at least 20 mobilizations) we have to have NDT guys out to inspect all of the welds to make sure none of them are cracked/stressed after the load test.

We use a water bag with a load cell and fill it with 1.5 to 2 times the working load of the system. I've never had my load test fail cause I take pride in my work, but I digress.

If there is ever any event, we test. We have to slip and cut our main lift umbilical every year, and stress test it.

We test all the time in the oilfield, and personally I don't think we do enough testing. At least in the gulf of Mexico.

There's no non destructive way to test that carbon fiber bullshit, that's why they didn't test it. Metal is fucking easier to verify.

If you had a billion dollars, just go to Cameron and pay him to build you one. The ocean is no fucking joke and it's unforgiving.

My job is to send down a robot the size of a Chevy Denali powered by 3000vac to 6000 feet or more. Oil, water and electricity aren't supposed to mix, and if I cut corners, I could easily kill someone. That's why I'm all up in this thread.

This cac bitch thought he could spit in Poseidons face.

Hubris is a muthafucka.