A UPS driver posted their $2,400 weekly paycheck to Reddit.

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
NYPICHPDPICT000039563297.jpg

A viral Reddit post about a UPS driver's pay sparked complaints and praise.

Interest in becoming a UPS driver is spiking after UPS increased total compensation to $170,000.

The Redditor apparently earned $2,400, pre-tax, for a week of work. They posted a pay stub.

Well-paid engineers and lower-paid delivery drivers alike are marveling at the pay stub of a UPS driver.

A Reddit user posted an apparent copy of their UPS paycheck to the site on Tuesday — and it quickly went viral. For 49 hours of work, the UPS driver made more than $2,400 before taxes, according to the paycheck that was posted.

Insider couldn't independently verify the paycheck, and the original poster didn't return a request for comment. Still, the pay appears to track with a recent pay bump that drivers negotiated with UPS through their union.

"I'm a UPS delivery driver. I have nothing more than a high school diploma," the caption to the post read. "How is this even possible? My union, the Teamsters."

UPS reached a deal with the Teamsters union that saw an agreement for its full-time delivery drivers to receive total compensation of $170,000, when including benefits — about $25,000 more than they made before the agreement.

News of the raise sent shockwaves through some of the US workforce, as some well-paid tech workers weren't sure if they should feel admiration or outrage.

The revelation of one driver earning more than $2,400 — before taxes — for about a week of work sparked similar reactions from some Redditors.

In the comments, fellow delivery drivers and college-educated white-collar professionals compared their own salaries. They said the UPS driver made more. Other commenters took the time to congratulate the driver and emphasize what they said was the need for pay transparency.

One Redditor wrote that he made less as an aerospace engineer. An Amazon driver chimed in to complain that they're paid $17 to perform what they said was essentially the same job.

The original poster replied to the comments explaining that they'd worked at UPS for five years as a driver and for two as a package handler before that. Despite the good paycheck, the driver goes home "exhausted every night." Insider couldn't confirm the driver's identity.

Meanwhile, some users said they changed their stance on unions after reading how lucrative the union-protected job is. "I've been anti-union for a LONG time, but looking at that, you can now call me pro-union," one comment read.

UPS delivery drivers can take on hot summers and long work hours on trucks without air conditioning.

A 57-year-old UPS driver in Texas died after collapsing on the job. As part of the recent agreement with the Teamsters, UPS trucks will have AC installed starting next year.

https://news.yahoo.com/ups-driver-posted-2-400-090401739.html

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
NYPICHPDPICT000039563297.jpg

A viral Reddit post about a UPS driver's pay sparked complaints and praise.

Interest in becoming a UPS driver is spiking after UPS increased total compensation to $170,000.

The Redditor apparently earned $2,400, pre-tax, for a week of work. They posted a pay stub.

Well-paid engineers and lower-paid delivery drivers alike are marveling at the pay stub of a UPS driver.

A Reddit user posted an apparent copy of their UPS paycheck to the site on Tuesday — and it quickly went viral. For 49 hours of work, the UPS driver made more than $2,400 before taxes, according to the paycheck that was posted.

Insider couldn't independently verify the paycheck, and the original poster didn't return a request for comment. Still, the pay appears to track with a recent pay bump that drivers negotiated with UPS through their union.

"I'm a UPS delivery driver. I have nothing more than a high school diploma," the caption to the post read. "How is this even possible? My union, the Teamsters."

UPS reached a deal with the Teamsters union that saw an agreement for its full-time delivery drivers to receive total compensation of $170,000, when including benefits — about $25,000 more than they made before the agreement.

News of the raise sent shockwaves through some of the US workforce, as some well-paid tech workers weren't sure if they should feel admiration or outrage.

The revelation of one driver earning more than $2,400 — before taxes — for about a week of work sparked similar reactions from some Redditors.

In the comments, fellow delivery drivers and college-educated white-collar professionals compared their own salaries. They said the UPS driver made more. Other commenters took the time to congratulate the driver and emphasize what they said was the need for pay transparency.

One Redditor wrote that he made less as an aerospace engineer. An Amazon driver chimed in to complain that they're paid $17 to perform what they said was essentially the same job.

The original poster replied to the comments explaining that they'd worked at UPS for five years as a driver and for two as a package handler before that. Despite the good paycheck, the driver goes home "exhausted every night." Insider couldn't confirm the driver's identity.

Meanwhile, some users said they changed their stance on unions after reading how lucrative the union-protected job is. "I've been anti-union for a LONG time, but looking at that, you can now call me pro-union," one comment read.

UPS delivery drivers can take on hot summers and long work hours on trucks without air conditioning.

A 57-year-old UPS driver in Texas died after collapsing on the job. As part of the recent agreement with the Teamsters, UPS trucks will have AC installed starting next year.

https://news.yahoo.com/ups-driver-posted-2-400-090401739.html
He shouldn't have posted that...but we in the social media era and people cant help themselves

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The driver pointed out that he is exhausted getting that check. I will assume he is a local delivery driver hopping out that truck lifting and carrying packages.

Also, he worked 49 hours. 9 hours more than the standard 40 which means he got 9 hours of overtime. So you will need to subtract that 9 hours from that check to see his standard pay.

Being a UPS driver ain’t a great job.

If it was all that great….Why is everybody not applying and doing it?

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
The driver pointed out that he is exhausted getting that check. I will assume he is a local delivery driver hopping out that truck lifting and carrying packages.

Also, he worked 49 hours. 9 hours more than the standard 40 which means he got 9 hours of overtime. So you will need to subtract that 9 hours from that check to see his standard pay.

I know a few long time ups drivers and every single one is not only miserable but beat the fuck up, Doesn't matter the kind of shape you're in that job is brutal on your back/knees. Not to mention the deadlines and amount of packages are damn near impossible to meet, They earn every penny.

If you're an engineer or went to school for 4+ years and make less then stop crying and being envious and do something about it, Hold these billionaires accountable. Call their bluff and be ready for the fight. Easier said than done but if not then get ready to bring me my package and avoid the neighborhood pitbull that's always loose lol

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
He shouldn't have posted that...but we in the social media era and people cant help themselves
This information is critical, we need to start seeing how these corporations are getting over on us, crying broke making a killing while Killing us with unnecessary inflation.

I use to work at a cannabis farm and the managers would make a big deal about you sharing what you made with the rest of the workers, idgaf so I did and turns out they were paying me about 200 a week more than the other workers(favoritism is massive in the weed game) when I shared with everyone else they were all able to negotiate higher pay with the knowledge I was making more for the same work.

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This information is critical, we need to start seeing how these corporations are getting over on us, crying broke making a killing while Killing us with unnecessary inflation.

I use to work at a cannabis farm and the managers would make a big deal about you sharing what you made with the rest of the workers, idgaf so I did and turns out they were paying me about 200 a week more than the other workers(favoritism is massive in the weed game) when I shared with everyone else they were all able to negotiate higher pay with the knowledge I was making more for the same work.

you a hellava knigha.. brah

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Once I saw a pic of how those trucks look at the beginning of the day and learned they don't have air condition

They earn that shit

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
You shouldn't count these dudes living in their moms house trying to rap at 38 as rappers
Sheeeit, some 50 year old rappers still trying to live the rap dream instead of getting a UPS job.

sorcererforemost

Rising Star
Registered
I worked at UPS as a driver helper when I was around 18 years old. Then went back at 20/21 to be a package handler. Til this day, it is one of the most horrible jobs I've had.

People power tripping
Managers fucking the workers
Trucks ALWAYS late to the wear house
Filthy ass air
And the medical benefits aren't all that great

I remember getting injured on the job and I used my sick time to visit the Dr and get a return letter.
Bastards told me I can't just use my time off for every lil injury, they also told this to a 49 year old woman who crushed her hand between two 100lb items.

Fuck em, OG in the place stopped by one day I was on my break, I was probably 23 at the time. He asked me why I was in a place like that, had been asked that before but when he asked it felt different. Bruh told me I seek like a real smart dude and that I shouldn't waste my life and become stuck working there like him.

I quit that shit 2 weeks later and signed up for an IT program. This was 2013/14 and I haven't looked back since. My cash out from unused vacation and sick was near 1k though.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I have friends who worked for UPS in the 90's.
I'm just on the outside, don't know the current climate but just can only assume, back then to what it is today has to be way worse with Amazon deliveries.

Back then was hectic.

Wife used to be a "walker" around the 42nd street area. All she did was make deliveries with a hand truck within a few blocks of the pickup point. Was busy as hell. Can't remember how long, may of been a year or so. But said she preferred that to what the drivers went through.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor

You definitely right in that case...for this UPS situation though, I dont agree...only thing I would do if I were working for UPS is still point out the brutal conditions especially with this new era fucking heat...wouldnt mention the new improved paycheck

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
AAAABeyi4joIdIDBG3FbBlgxhuxYOs3SEHqGDlE5Bginuyt9yNMQDRXLeSKfIFl0c0k3hWsrlHah6RFXJwotprNHbqBUJQclAlJww2_r.jpg
Let them live they deserve it, just imagine what holiday season look like. I remember some people doing some next day air shit. It could easy be worst

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
Props to them. I worked a warehouse/business delivery job as a supervisor a while back. That was some soul crushing shit. Drivers had all sorts of shit going on. Union was trying to move in and management tried to throw us supervisors to the wolves and snitch on anyone talking about joining. When someone called out, I was in the warehouse by myself stacking pallets, loading trucks, dealing with undelivered packages, etc. I was only making about $47.5K and hated waking up in the morning. After a while I said fuck it and resigned. I don't regret leaving either. Once I got into IT, back breaking labor will never been done again unless I'm making UPS money.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

It really ain't, but it take all types to make this world work. I worked at the UPS warehouse loading trucks in the 90s. The big upsell is that we could become drivers because they only promote from within. FOH with that truck shit. That is backbreaking, exhausting work. I don't care if that check was 4k. Money ain't worth it if misery and a broke up body comes with it. :smh:

I could only imagine doing that shit on Monday, come home, rest for an hour or two, then got to go to bed and get up and do that shit again. Do that shit week after week, month after month, year after year. :suicide:

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
I dont think you get that the average rapper isn't making shit. There are probably 5-10 of them that are making the money they seem to be making on tv.
You’d be surprised. They actually make more now. There’s a gang of these SoundCloud rappers like Trippie Red who are millionaires. Don’t believe the hype , there’s a grip of no name mid to high six figure rappers and producers you never heard of but young cats know them. Get 100k YouTube subscribers and a few million plays you bringing in 8-12k per month on that alone

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It really ain't, but it take all types to make this world work. I worked at the UPS warehouse loading trucks in the 90s. The big upsell is that we could become drivers because they only promote from within. FOH with that truck shit. That is backbreaking, exhausting work. I don't care if that check was 4k. Money ain't worth it if misery and a broke up body comes with it. :smh:

I could only imagine doing that shit on Monday, come home, rest for an hour or two, then got to go to bed and get up and do that shit again. Do that shit week after week, month after month, year after year. :suicide:
I was at a UPS hub working third shift.......that shit was terrible. A couple years later I did the seasonal driver helper, that shit was trash because 2 of the 6 days they wouldn't "need" me. But the 4 days I did work I barely worked 6 hrs and we stayed moving. That mfkr was pissed I asked to get a 15 lunch in