A UPS driver posted their $2,400 weekly paycheck to Reddit.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
My brother retired from UPS many years ago. He pulled triple trailers locally for them for 30 years. He was home every night and he loved his job. His tractor trailer was really cushy with air and heat. Very comfortable... no jumping out every few minutes. He gets a giant pension check (Do they even provide pension for current retirees anymore?) and he lives VERY comfortable on his compound in Las Vegas.

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
I dont think you get that the average rapper isn't making shit. There are probably 5-10 of them that are making the money they seem to be making on tv.

Hell, street pharmacists aren't even making $36K a year realistically. Now that weed is legal and pills are potential death sentences, D-Boys is out here hurting. Sure, there are some outliers but ain't no Nino Brown money for these kids out here.

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
Hell, street pharmacists aren't even making $36K a year realistically. Now that weed is legal and pills are potential death sentences, D-Boys is out here hurting. Sure, there are some outliers but ain't no Nino Brown money for these kids out here.
Most drug dealers no matter the year never made much money . Most are at minimum wage equivalent or a little above. Glorifying that shit got people thinking they pulling in big money. Only a small few make good money and they usually end up dead or in prison at some point.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
You get what you put in. Most street level dealers are lazy.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
You’d be surprised. They actually make more now. There’s a gang of these SoundCloud rappers like Trippie Red who are millionaires. Don’t believe the hype , there’s a grip of no name mid to high six figure rappers and producers you never heard of but young cats know them. Get 100k YouTube subscribers and a few million plays you bringing in 8-12k per month on that alone

yeah theres a bunch of young drill rappers globally that are making hundreds of thousands even that really have not cracked on a mainstream level whatsoever

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
yeah theres a bunch of young drill rappers globally that are making hundreds of thousands even that really have not cracked on a mainstream level whatsoever
Yup most people over 25 never heard of this nigga but he’s made a few million already

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Yup most people over 25 never heard of this nigga but he’s made a few million already

yeah the thing with the drill rappers is that their fanbase skew really young and when the pros of a young fanbase is that they stream a ton so even tho per stream pay isn't much, they rack up enough streams where they add up to some sizable income. Now the downside of young fanbase is you won't be able to make the big touring money that the acts with older skewing fanbases do since they can pack out large venues with high ticket prices since you need older skewing fanbases to spend money on those concerts like that

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
NYPICHPDPICT000039563297.jpg

A viral Reddit post about a UPS driver's pay sparked complaints and praise.

Interest in becoming a UPS driver is spiking after UPS increased total compensation to $170,000.

The Redditor apparently earned $2,400, pre-tax, for a week of work. They posted a pay stub.

Well-paid engineers and lower-paid delivery drivers alike are marveling at the pay stub of a UPS driver.

A Reddit user posted an apparent copy of their UPS paycheck to the site on Tuesday — and it quickly went viral. For 49 hours of work, the UPS driver made more than $2,400 before taxes, according to the paycheck that was posted.

Insider couldn't independently verify the paycheck, and the original poster didn't return a request for comment. Still, the pay appears to track with a recent pay bump that drivers negotiated with UPS through their union.

"I'm a UPS delivery driver. I have nothing more than a high school diploma," the caption to the post read. "How is this even possible? My union, the Teamsters."

UPS reached a deal with the Teamsters union that saw an agreement for its full-time delivery drivers to receive total compensation of $170,000, when including benefits — about $25,000 more than they made before the agreement.

News of the raise sent shockwaves through some of the US workforce, as some well-paid tech workers weren't sure if they should feel admiration or outrage.

The revelation of one driver earning more than $2,400 — before taxes — for about a week of work sparked similar reactions from some Redditors.

In the comments, fellow delivery drivers and college-educated white-collar professionals compared their own salaries. They said the UPS driver made more. Other commenters took the time to congratulate the driver and emphasize what they said was the need for pay transparency.

One Redditor wrote that he made less as an aerospace engineer. An Amazon driver chimed in to complain that they're paid $17 to perform what they said was essentially the same job.

The original poster replied to the comments explaining that they'd worked at UPS for five years as a driver and for two as a package handler before that. Despite the good paycheck, the driver goes home "exhausted every night." Insider couldn't confirm the driver's identity.

Meanwhile, some users said they changed their stance on unions after reading how lucrative the union-protected job is. "I've been anti-union for a LONG time, but looking at that, you can now call me pro-union," one comment read.

UPS delivery drivers can take on hot summers and long work hours on trucks without air conditioning.

A 57-year-old UPS driver in Texas died after collapsing on the job. As part of the recent agreement with the Teamsters, UPS trucks will have AC installed starting next year.

https://news.yahoo.com/ups-driver-posted-2-400-090401739.html

Next time :ssshhh:

UPS announces 12,000 job cuts, says package volume slipped last quarter​

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor

bham_brotha

Rising Star
Registered
Not being funny at all but 2400 pre tax ain’t cutting it in my neck of the woods (NYC)
Which is why your residents along with those from California are flooding the south. The cost of living there vs the quality of life makes no sense. 10k a month in 90% of this country you're doing better than average. 10K a month in Atlanta and as long if you're single with no kids? You could get a 4br house for yourself with land and cover your mortgage, utilities and most bills with one check and pocket the other 3.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Corporations always win...its their system

It’s the main reason people are not working and we are seeing the increase in the homeless population.

Lots of folks, especially White Folks have given up and made the decision it’s just not worth it.

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Next time :ssshhh:

UPS announces 12,000 job cuts, says package volume slipped last quarter​

I don’t believe them
Consumers held up the economy and gdp was elevated
So you are telling me that, the one quarter, where everyone is out buying gifts and Christmas presents, is the quarter where volume dipped?
Either the government is lying about consumer expenditure or ups is cooking the books

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It really ain't, but it take all types to make this world work. I worked at the UPS warehouse loading trucks in the 90s. The big upsell is that we could become drivers because they only promote from within. FOH with that truck shit. That is backbreaking, exhausting work. I don't care if that check was 4k. Money ain't worth it if misery and a broke up body comes with it. :smh:

I could only imagine doing that shit on Monday, come home, rest for an hour or two, then got to go to bed and get up and do that shit again. Do that shit week after week, month after month, year after year. :suicide:

You gotta built for it! I got a partner that still does it. He manages a crew now, but when we did it as kids back in the day (I did it for Amway, truckloads were NOT the same) we would save money by not having gym memberships and LOVED it. Now I am old and lazy so fcuk that shyt now!

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Yeah, a partner of mine just told me they're doing the 'ol Slice n Dice over at UPS to adjust for the contract that was signed.

UPS is already working to not have a repeat of last year happen again when the next contract is up for renewal.

Their goal is too break the Union.

I can see a repeat of what happened with Yellow last year happen with UPS.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
UPS is already working to not have a repeat of last year happen again when the next contract is up for renewal.

Their goal is too break the Union.

I can see a repeat of what happened with Yellow last year happen with UPS.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
NYPICHPDPICT000039563297.jpg

A viral Reddit post about a UPS driver's pay sparked complaints and praise.

Interest in becoming a UPS driver is spiking after UPS increased total compensation to $170,000.

The Redditor apparently earned $2,400, pre-tax, for a week of work. They posted a pay stub.

Well-paid engineers and lower-paid delivery drivers alike are marveling at the pay stub of a UPS driver.

A Reddit user posted an apparent copy of their UPS paycheck to the site on Tuesday — and it quickly went viral. For 49 hours of work, the UPS driver made more than $2,400 before taxes, according to the paycheck that was posted.

Insider couldn't independently verify the paycheck, and the original poster didn't return a request for comment. Still, the pay appears to track with a recent pay bump that drivers negotiated with UPS through their union.

"I'm a UPS delivery driver. I have nothing more than a high school diploma," the caption to the post read. "How is this even possible? My union, the Teamsters."

UPS reached a deal with the Teamsters union that saw an agreement for its full-time delivery drivers to receive total compensation of $170,000, when including benefits — about $25,000 more than they made before the agreement.

News of the raise sent shockwaves through some of the US workforce, as some well-paid tech workers weren't sure if they should feel admiration or outrage.

The revelation of one driver earning more than $2,400 — before taxes — for about a week of work sparked similar reactions from some Redditors.

In the comments, fellow delivery drivers and college-educated white-collar professionals compared their own salaries. They said the UPS driver made more. Other commenters took the time to congratulate the driver and emphasize what they said was the need for pay transparency.

One Redditor wrote that he made less as an aerospace engineer. An Amazon driver chimed in to complain that they're paid $17 to perform what they said was essentially the same job.

The original poster replied to the comments explaining that they'd worked at UPS for five years as a driver and for two as a package handler before that. Despite the good paycheck, the driver goes home "exhausted every night." Insider couldn't confirm the driver's identity.

Meanwhile, some users said they changed their stance on unions after reading how lucrative the union-protected job is. "I've been anti-union for a LONG time, but looking at that, you can now call me pro-union," one comment read.

UPS delivery drivers can take on hot summers and long work hours on trucks without air conditioning.

A 57-year-old UPS driver in Texas died after collapsing on the job. As part of the recent agreement with the Teamsters, UPS trucks will have AC installed starting next year.

https://news.yahoo.com/ups-driver-posted-2-400-090401739.html

That's a very good living! If he was in a place like Iowa it he would be living like a king because the cost of living is so cheap.. but even still in chicago this would be a great as well!

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
CAP! That’s $125k a year. You can rent a nice apartment in Manhattan and still have money to spear. You don’t need a car so that’s an easy monthly expense to save on.
New York City has about 8,000,000+ people. What percentage of the 8 million actually work? And what percentage of that do you think makes $125,000 a year?
Just trying to put things into perspective.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
New York City has about 8,000,000+ people. What percentage of the 8 million actually work? And what percentage of that do you think makes $125,000 a year?
Just trying to put things into perspective.
68 percent of nyc households make less than that.. the average household is 2.6 people in nyc

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Making good money is good. But real freedom is much much greater. If we raise our kids thinking they are freedom then we pass on betrayal. There is no way a grown man can tell another grown man what to do unless he controls him.
If Jesus said you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free, and that you are not yet free. Then somebody has already lied to you in the name of truth.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Which is why your residents along with those from California are flooding the south. The cost of living there vs the quality of life makes no sense. 10k a month in 90% of this country you're doing better than average. 10K a month in Atlanta and as long if you're single with no kids? You could get a 4br house for yourself with land and cover your mortgage, utilities and most bills with one check and pocket the other 3.
Flood ATL in particular and complain about it