Aaaaaw shit.... after August 1rst....we gonna have us a "Purge" for real....

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor

An AR-15 made at home? With 3D printing, 'the downloadable gun' becomes available August 1

3D printed M-200 sniper rifle

636680373831771332-VPC-3D-PRINTED-GUN-2.jpg
After a settlement between the State Department and a Texas-based firearm developer Defense Distributed, the nonprofit will be able to release blueprints for guns online starting in August. USA

Americans will soon be able to make 3D-printed guns from their home, widening the door to do-it-yourself versions of firearms including the AR-15 — the gun of choice in American mass shootings — that are untraceable with no background check required.

A settlement earlier this year between the State Department and Texas-based Defense Distributed will let the nonprofit release blueprints for guns online starting Aug. 1, a development hailed by the group as the death of gun control in the United States.

"The age of the downloadable gun begins," Defense Distributed stated on its site. Its founder, Cody Wilson, tweeted a photograph of a grave marked "American gun control."

The plans freely available next month put firearms clicks away from anyone with the right machine and materials. That reality has startled gun control advocates, who say it makes untraceable firearms all the more available.

For Wilson, August marks the end of a years-long legal battle: He designed a 3D-printable plastic pistol, the "Liberator .380," in 2012 and put the plans online. It was downloaded more than 100,000 times before federal officials blocked his site, citing international export law.

A lawsuit from Wilson followed. The State Department settled in June.

The Second Amendment Foundation, a nonprofit that partnered with Wilson in the lawsuit, put out a statement calling the settlement "a devastating blow to the gun prohibition lobby."
Assembling guns at home isn't new. It can be done legally, too, provided the made-at-home gun isn't sold. Defense Distributed already sells parts that let users build their own untraceable firearms, known as "ghost guns" for their lack of serial numbers.

"Legally manufacture unserialized rifles and pistols in the comfort and privacy of home," one product's description states.

David Chipman, who worked 25 years as an agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, told Vice News that the homemade guns favored by hobbyists have since become popular with criminals.
“Now, criminals have started using ghost guns as a way to circumvent assault weapon regulations," said Chipman, now an adviser to the gun control advocacy group Giffords. "I imagine that people will also start printing guns to get around laws.”

Gun plans previewed on Defense Distributed's website feature the Liberator pistol along with an AR-15 and a VZ-58, a Czechoslovakian assault rifle.

The printers needed to make the guns can cost from $5,000 to $600,000, according to Vice News. The quality of plastic matters, too: An early design printed by federal agents shattered after one shot. A second gun, made from a higher grade resin, stayed intact.

William Bones, the chief of police in Boise, Idaho, told the Idaho Statesman that law enforcement agencies have followed developments in 3D-printed guns for "quite a while now."

“Measures are needed to ensure these weapons are safely built and to prevent access by children or those prohibited from owning a firearm," Bones told the newspaper.

"Hopefully we see some safe and responsible legislation soon as well as manufacturers taking measure to prevent access which might lead to tragedy.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...ns-downloadable-gun-legal-august-1/820032002/

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was going to post about Cody a day or two ago after hearing about him on a podcast....

Dude is really opening up Pandora's box....

We as a people need to find a way to jump on this because the cost of materials and fabrication makes this weapon a whole lot cheaper and untraceable/dangerous....

Last edited:

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
3d printed guns don't work.

There is no plastic or resin that can accurately fire lead projectiles without immediate failure.

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Folks have been 3D printing AR receivers since 2012-2013.

There is no plastic or resin that can accurately fire lead projectiles without immediate failure.

While this is true, the premise of these "guns" are to allow the end user to make (print) the serialized portion of the AR, which is the lower receiver. NONE of the other parts required for firing are serialized and can be bought without any restrictions or need of a FFL. I've had a NFA poly lower for 5-6 years and have shot 1000's of rounds throughout the years with 0 failure...

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

In the article it stated there are new higher grade materials and resins that have successfully stayed intact after firing a round.....

However I think @DiGeneral hit it right on the head.... This will replace the serialized / traceable portions...

Last edited:

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member

While this is true, the premise of these "guns" are to allow the end user to make (print) the serialized portion of the AR, which is the lower receiver. NONE of the other parts required for firing are serialized and can be bought without any restrictions or need of a FFL. I've had a NFA poly lower for 5-6 years and have shot 1000's of rounds throughout the years with 0 failure...
Is a receiver a gun?

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was going to post about Cody a day or two ago after heating about him on a podcast....

Dude is really opening up Pandora's box....

We as a people need to find a way to jump on this because the cost of materials and fabrication makes this weapon a whole lot cheaper and untraceable/dangerous....
Isn’t he the same dude who started Hatreon?

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
the ATF considers the receiver to be what makes the gun a gun. All of the other ancillary stuff are just parts. The receiver is what allows the weapon to fire.
Then the atf are a bunch of idiots.

The receiver is the handle and only part of the frame in most guns.

They're ain't no firing mechanisms in them at all. Not even the trigger. A lot of guns use non metal lowers because they dont have to control an explosion inside of them.

Let me reiterate....the lowers usually do not include the trigger, firing pin, barrel, hammer, bolt, etc.

It does not allow the weapon to fire anymore than the rest of it does.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm calling bullshit.

But that is not a gun.

if the mofokr shoots its a gun.

we made zip guns as kids cause it was hard to get the real shit.

hell i have seen mofokrs make potato guns that use combustion and they could be just as effective as the beanbag shotguns police have

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
if the mofokr shoots its a gun.

we made zip guns as kids cause it was hard to get the real shit.

hell i have seen mofokrs make potato guns that use combustion and they could be just as effective as the beanbag shotguns police have
It doesnt shoot, you dip shit. A gun handle cant shoot a damn thing.

This is like saying printing a drive shaft is the same as printing a full automobile.

Hownthefuck you gonna print a magazine spring???

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It doesnt shoot, you dip shit. A gun handle cant shoot a damn thing.

This is like saying printing a drive shaft is the same as printing a full automobile.

Hownthefuck you gonna print a magazine spring???

my first gun was a Barretta 25 automatic without a clip..

:lol::lol::lol:

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is a receiver a gun?

In the eyes of the BATFE it most certainly is...

The GCA defines the term “firearm” as: (A) any weapon (including a starter gun) which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; (B) the frame or Page 2 receiver of any such weapon; (C) any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or (D) any destructive device.

Any part of a said firearm that is serialized is the regulated part (with the exception of matching serialized barrels i.e. found in some handguns Glocks, M&P...). Most times it is the receiver (rifles, shotguns, and semiauto pistols) or the frame in the case of revolvers, that are the regulated part. These are 3D printed, to allow for a untraceable firearm by definition. All of the other parts can be bought without as much as an I.D. in most cases.

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Then the atf are a bunch of idiots.

The receiver is the handle and only part of the frame in most guns.

They're ain't no firing mechanisms in them at all. Not even the trigger. A lot of guns use non metal lowers because they dont have to control an explosion inside of them.

Let me reiterate....the lowers usually do not include the trigger, firing pin, barrel, hammer, bolt, etc.

It does not allow the weapon to fire anymore than the rest of it does.

Below is a picture of the serialized portion or lower of a Glock. As you can see the trigger is housed in the receiver, as well as the other essential parts to allow for firing. What you cannot see, but that is housed in the lower is the striker. The striker is the part the hits the casing at the primer, firing the projectile down the barrel. As you can see the lower is made of polymer, but has a serial number. The 3D printed receiver will replace the serialized receiver with one that the end user prints in his home. The ATF will have zero knowledge of the firearm. It's very similar with AR15's, the trigger, hammer, disco, etc. are housed in the lower receiver. As you said the barrel is separate, but you don't need a FFL to purchase one.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Below is a picture of the serialized portion or lower of a Glock. As you can see the trigger is housed in the receiver, as well as the other essential parts to allow for firing. What you cannot see, but that is housed in the lower is the striker. The striker is the part the hits the casing at the primer, firing the projectile down the barrel. As you can see the lower is made of polymer, but has a serial number. The 3D printed receiver will replace the serialized receiver with one that the end user prints in his home. The ATF will have zero knowledge of the firearm. It's very similar with AR15's, the trigger, hammer, disco, etc. are housed in the lower receiver. As you said the barrel is separate, but you don't need a FFL to purchase one.

I'm not arguing with anything you posted.

I'm saying the lower is not a gun. It's a part of one.

This article got folks thinking a fully constructed firearm is coming off your printer.

It ain't.

I've 3D printed a lot of things. You got to go thru hell to get parts to work right with one another.

This is like saying a car chassis is a car.

It aint.

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This article got folks thinking a fully constructed firearm is coming off your printer.

It ain't.

I've 3D printed a lot of things. You got to go thru hell to get parts to work right with one another.

It aint.

Solid copy on that...

kogalee muhammad

BANNED
Registered

A plastic gun killing Muhfukkas :hmm:

:rolleyes:

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It ain't.

It aint.

It seems you and @DiGeneral are both right... Here is what cody had printed back in 2012. The lower portion of the AR
QYWO26LQVYY4NPQTAM5T6EU3JY.JPG

However, as stated in the podcast, dude may have upped the ante to a full weapon.... He has full designs for 3D weapons.

Aside from that, what makes this dangerous, my bro in law has most of the pieces for an AR, the barrel, the stock and something else, everything except that lower part, (with the serial number and trigger)... He's a legal gun owner and has multiple legal weapons,(so he's not dirty out here) he said it was easier/ cheaper to buy the other pieces online....

If mfkrs can still order the other pieces online with no checks/ security measures and then can print a lower that would fit...... Eeeek

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
It seems you and @DiGeneral are both right... Here is what cody had printed back in 2012. The lower portion of the AR
QYWO26LQVYY4NPQTAM5T6EU3JY.JPG

However, as stated in the podcast, dude may have upped the ante to a full weapon.... He has full designs for 3D weapons.

Aside from that, what makes this dangerous, my bro in law has most of the pieces for an AR, the barrel, the stock and something else, everything except that lower part, (with the serial number and trigger)... He's a legal gun owner and has multiple legal weapons,(so he's not dirty out here) he said it was easier/ cheaper to buy the other pieces online....

If mfkrs can still order the other pieces online with no checks/ security measures and then can print a lower that would fit...... Eeeek
You'd have to be a gunsmith to get those blocky jagged pixelated pieces to fit properly.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You'd have to be a gunsmith to get those blocky jagged pixelated pieces to fit properly.

He's got a full warehouse with a lot of equipment taking exact measurements... He knows what he is doing to have those pieces fit certain parts, every time.

Dude has been fighting this for years and apparently has some "backers" behind him.... He's gonna make numerous "models"

He made/ measured that one piece numerous times by hand in 2012, this is 2018..... He's got people on the payroll now for that

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
He's got a full warehouse with a lot of equipment taking exact measurements... He knows what he is doing to have those pieces fit certain parts, every time.

Dude has been fighting this for years and apparently has some "backers" behind him.... He's gonna make numerous "models"

He made/ measured that one piece numerous times by hand in 2012, this is 2018..... He's got people on the payroll now for that
So he's a gunsmith.

99% of folks can't do what he's doing.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So he's a gunsmith.

99% of folks can't do what he's doing.

You must've missed this point in the article.

His plan is to make the blueprints / plans.... And sell them online... .. All you have to do is download the plans and send it / upload it to a facility that can handle 3d printing something like that... Hell he said there are some public facilities / libraries that can 3D print hands.... Those are well enough equiped to print some of his smaller items..

He "did that , so you hopefully ain't gotta go through that.".... And with gun nuts and white supremacist he'd make $$$$

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
You must've missed this point in the article.

His plan is to make the blueprints / plans.... And sell them online... .. All you have to do is download the plans and send it / upload it to a facility that can handle 3d printing something like that... Hell he said there are some public facilities / libraries that can 3D print hands.... Those are well enough equiped to print some of his smaller items..

He "did that , so you hopefully ain't gotta go through that.".... And with gun nuts and white supremacist he'd make $$$$
Sigh...

Have you ever done any 3d printing?

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not sure where your going with this, no one will be printing the AR part at their house...

These will be plans that get sent to a multimillion dollar facility to be used on a very high end machine... So that the end result is something a consumer can just slide and screw in with readily available components on the market.

And I'm not even sure this will use the method where you shave down 1 big block into something , i think this incorporates the method of building it up from a heated material... Hell maybe even both. All I do know is, he has the facility/ staff to do measurements for multiple weapons and components... And a printing partners supposedly lined up.... He is doing the heavy lifting to make it very easy for someone to buy the plan and order the component, ( apparently that part is very important legally),... And then they assemble it themselves