Aaron Rodgers lied about being vaccinated

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Aaron Rodgers Apologizes for Comments: ‘I Acknowledge I am a Role Model’
WILTON JACKSON

Aaron Rodgers returned to The Pat McAfee show on Tuesday to apologize for not following the league's COVID-19 protocols. The Packers star quarterback took a moment to acknowledge his role as an athlete with fans that look up to him.

"I acknowledge am a role model to a lot of people," Rodgers said on the show. "I made some comments that people might have felt were misleading. To anybody who felt misled by those comments, I take full responsibility."

Tuesday's show appearance for Rodgers comes four days after he openly discussed his reasons for not receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. Rodgers said that he plans to stay out of the politics between the league and its COVID-19 policies.

"I'm an athlete, not an activist," Rodgers said. "I'm going to get back to doing what I do best and that's playing ball.

"I shared my opinion and it wasn't one that was come to frivolously. It involved a lot of studying and what I felt like was the best interest of my body.

But further comments, I am going to keep between myself and my doctors, I don't have any further comments about any of those things after this interview."

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He stands by who he is and what he's about. Thanks A.R., cause now we all know you are a self righteous, egotistical, and cowardly asshole. In hind sight, it should have been clear all along.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Still won't address the fact that he lied. :hmm:
Because in his eyes by saying I’M IMMUNIZED and not saying I’M VACCINATED he feels that technically didn’t lie….

where’s @kefta??? He has a statement that describes this situation perfectly…

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
NFL MVP voter admits he made 'big mistake' revealing he won't vote for Aaron Rodgers

One NFL MVP voter who recently revealed he wouldn't be voting for Aaron Rodgers admitted on Wednesday that he made a mistake discussing who he wasn't voting for and why.

On 670 The Score, longtime Chicago-based football reporter Hub Arkush said he regretted his decision to say that he wasn't voting for Rodgers and why, which he did on the same radio station the night before.

“I made a big mistake last night,” Arkush said via ProFootballTalk.

Traditionally, MVP voters don't say who they're voting for until after the results are announced. Arkush didn't technically violate that, since he talked about who he wasn't voting for, but he knows he violated the spirit of the tradition.

“It’s on me,” Arkush said. “I screwed up. ... All you can do is own it, and I own it.”

Why isn't Arkush voting for Rodgers?

Rodgers is having a stellar season on the field, but for Arkush, that alone isn't enough to make him the most valuable player.
“I don’t think you can be the biggest jerk in the league and punish your team, and your organization and your fan base the way he did and be the Most Valuable Player,” Arkush said on Tuesday via ProFootballTalk. “Has he been the most valuable on the field? Yeah, you could make that argument, but I don’t think he is clearly that much more valuable than Jonathan Taylor or Cooper Kupp or maybe even Tom Brady. So from where I sit, the rest of it is why he’s not gonna be my choice. Do I think he’s gonna win it? Probably. A lot of voters don’t approach it the way I do, but others do, who I’ve spoken to. But one of the ways we get to keep being voters is we’re not allowed to say who we are voting for until after the award has been announced. I’m probably pushing the envelope by saying who I’m not voting for. But we’re not really supposed to reveal our votes.”
Arkush makes a decent argument about Rodgers not being the clear MVP, but he's also tying his voting decision to Rodgers' behavior off the field. He misled the public about being vaccinated, claimed he was a victim of "cancel culture" after everyone found out the truth about his vaccination status, and publicly pushed unsafe and unproven "treatments" for COVID-19.

Arkush defended his decision to consider off-the-field factors by pointing out that voters aren't given a rubric or any guidance on what "most valuable player" means, so he feels free to use his own judgment when casting his vote.
“There’s no guidelines,” Arkush said. “We are told to pick the guy who we think is most valuable to his team. And I don’t think it says anywhere, ‘strictly on the field,’ although I do think he hurt his team on the field by the way he acted off the field. They’re gonna get the No. 1 seed anyway, but what if the difference had come down to the Chiefs game, where he lied about being vaccinated, and they ended up getting beat?”
In the end, Arkush said he couldn't square Rodgers' off the field activity with what he thinks an MVP should be.
“I just think that the way he’s carried himself is inappropriate,” Arkush said. “I think he’s a bad guy, and I don’t think a bad guy can be the most valuable guy at the same time.”
Arkush said he could "guarantee" that he wouldn't be the only voter who won't be putting Rodgers on their ballot. But after the backlash he got, he will almost certainly be the only voter talking about who he or she voted for before the result is officially announced.

Rodgers responds, calls Arkush 'a bum'

Rodgers was asked about Arkush and his comments during his media availability on Wednesday, and to no one's surprise, he let loose.

Rodgers believes that Arkush should no longer have an MVP vote. It's not known whether the AP will take any action against Arkush.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Hub Arkush gives the game away on what journalism is today
MVP voter offers sad, bootlick apology for being honest about Aaron Rodgers just to stay in the game
By
Sam Fels

Today 10:02AM

Alerts

Pretty much how it went down.Illustration: Getty Images

Yesterday, we spent some time talking about a principled stand that AP voter Hub Arkush took on voting for Aaron Rodgers for MVP. You may not agree with the principles, and they were probably on the self-righteous side (it’s been a habit of Hub’s for years), but at least they were his. And you could understand, even if you didn’t agree.
So I guess it wasn’t much of a surprise that Hub walked them all back as soon as anyone got upset, especially Aaron Rodgers, who called Arkush “a bum.”. Arkush posted a groveling apology to anyone who would accept it yesterday, and in the process ripped the hood off what sportswriters, for the most part, are after today.

It hit all the notes. Arkush claimed to have made “a terrible mistake.” He mentioned how much of an honor it is to be one of the select few to get to vote for postseason awards in the NFL. He talked about how one of the codes of having that vote is to not disclose any leanings on how he might vote until after the awards are announced. He feared his opinions brought pressure onto other voters, who might be questioned to also make their votes public and reveal the reasons behind their decisions. And then he sucked up harder to Rodgers than a pilot fish.

Here are a few lines:
“I made a terrible mistake. It was completely my fault. There is no one else to blame, and I am here to try and apologize.
I own this and I couldn’t be more sorry.”
All of this because Arkush was simply…honest.
Everything Arkush wrote in his apology is farmland runoff, and pretty much signals what’s important to these reporters about the job. That’s their precious access, their privileges, and to remain in the secret club without ever having to justify it. And none of that really has anything to do with covering their chosen sport. To quote Saint Carlin, “It’s a big club…and you ain’t in it!”
https://deadspin.com/good-riddance-antonio-brown-1848295188

What was Arkush’s mistake? Giving an honest opinion? He’s allowed that. And Rodgers is a jackass who held his team hostage over the summer simply because he felt like it, and then lied to them and the league when it came to testing and vaccination, and then amplified the exact horseshit that keeps all of us in this morass longer than we ever needed to be. That’s more than enough to call him a jerk.

While I’m sure Arkush and the other 49 voters enjoy their status as voters for postseason awards, it shouldn’t be the end-all be-all. It’s not the endgame. It should be the exact kind of thing that a writer should be willing to exchange for their honesty and principles, if they had any, especially when they’re on the right side of the debate. If you’re willing to hold your award-voter status as sacred over all, why should we care about your opinion? Clearly you can be bought and influenced.

We have dealt with this whole not-making-votes-public thing, and all it is is writers not wanting to have to answer for their reasoning and votes. It’s not an integrity thing, it’s an entitlement thing. And all his “buddies” who are also doing the voting should have his back. I’m fairly sure the AP as a whole, in theory, would go along with that.

Arkush, like anyone else, is just protecting his access, fearing that perhaps no one would give him the scoops he has had for years. We used to think that reporters breaking news was the result of dogged work, but now it’s just reading the script they’re handed. And Arkush is terrified of losing those scripts.

We saw the other day that Ken Rosenthal lost his MLB Network gig for being honest. You didn’t hear him apologize or grovel or desperately cling to his position. He moved on and got on with his job.

Don’t worry Hub, I’m sure Rodgers will grant you that interview next time so you can lob whatever softball questions you’d like, and you can vote for him for MVP next year when he’s a Bronco. At least you’ll be happy.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

FJwrPXrVcAIel0l