Aeronautics Heads: Google Earth Releases Hi-Res Images of USAF's Aircraft Boneyard

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
Re: Aeronautics Heads: Google Earth Releases Hi-Res Images of USAF's Aircraft Boneyar

Contrast that with the V-2 Osprey program that has just NOW finally gotten its "legs" after what seems like an eternity of fuck ups. It doesn't matter how that aircraft performs for the next 20+ years, it's always going to be known or perceived as a piece of shit.

Osprey is and will always be a piece of shit.

They should have just built more damn Chinooks. :angry:

Those fuckers are so fast, Blackhawks and Apaches can't even keep up with them when in flight. They can carry crazy tonnage and troops.

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
Re: Aeronautics Heads: Google Earth Releases Hi-Res Images of USAF's Aircraft Boneyar

:confused:

You lost me.

Are you asking if a certain aircraft carrier can be recommissioned or the F-14's?

It was just the F-14's that were retired. The carriers are just carrying a different mix of aircraft now. Primarily F-18's

my bad i was asking if you were on a carrier

batmanobx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I've been there before, like someone said scavenging for part when I was in the service. That’s a real cool place if you into aircraft or military stuff.