All I Need Is A Bad Bitch...Tiffany Haddish

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
4029c63c177c2c815724af8db43e89db74--22Tiffany-Haddish-22.rsquare.w330.jpg

Tiffany Haddish Turned Down Grammys Pre-Show Hosting Gig Due to Lack of Compensation
By Chris Murphy@christress
A woman who knows her worth. Photo: NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images
If you thought award-winning actress Tiffany Haddish would host your award show for free, you’d be sorely mistaken. Per Variety, the Girls Trip actress was asked by the Recording Academy to host the pre-show for the Grammys, but she declined due to the lack of compensation. On top of the lack of compensation, the pre-show for “Music’s Biggest Night” reportedly refused to offer cover hair, makeup or wardrobe for the three-hour event. “All of that would have to come out of my pocket,” said Haddish, in a statement to Variety about her decision to turn down the offer. “I don’t know if this might mean I might not get nominated ever again, but I think it’s disrespectful.” This year, Haddish is nominated for her second Grammy this year for Best Comedy Album for Netflix’s Black Mitzvah and received her first nomination last year for her album The Last Black Unicorn. “I was like, ‘The exposure is amazing but I think I have enough. I appreciate you guys asking,’” Haddish added, “and as much as I appreciate the honor of being nominated, that’s not okay.”
The Recording Academy claims that Haddish will not be penalized for rejecting their offer to host the pre-telecast show. When contacted by Variety, a representative for the Recording Academy responded by noting that the Premiere Ceremony, which Haddish was asked to host, is not a CBS program and is hosted by the Academy, which is a not-for-profit organization and historically, all hosts, presenters, and performers have traditionally performed without compensation at said event. However, the precedent wasn’t enough for Haddish to sign on for this year’s telecast. “This is something that needs to be addressed,” Haddish said. “How many other people have they done that to? It’s like a guy asking you on a date but telling you that you have to pay for it.” The Weeknd can relate.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Grammy president apologizes after Tiffany Haddish says she turned down hosting the pre-show after being told she wasn't going to get paid for it

Zac Ntim
Fri, December 11, 2020, 9:51 AM EST

c149c72b6f42e5b54b535d72586ed262

Tiffany Haddish. Getty Images/Tommaso Boddi/FilmMagic
  • Tiffany Haddish rejected an offer to host the Grammys pre-show because the Recording Academy expected her to perform without any compensation.
  • Haddish also said that her hair, makeup, and wardrobe expenses would have to be paid for out of her own pocket.
  • She said: "I don't know if this might mean I might not get nominated ever again, but I think it's disrespectful."
  • Grammys interim president Harvey Mason Jr. later apologized to Haddish, saying that the offer was "disrespectful."
  • Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Comedian Tiffany Haddish said she turned down an offer to host the 2021 Grammys pre-show because the Recording Academy expected her to take on the duties without any compensation.

During an interview with Variety, the "Girls Trip" star also said that her hair and makeup expenses would not be covered either. "All of that would have to come out of my pocket," she said. "I was like, 'The exposure is amazing, but I think I have enough. I appreciate you guys asking.' And as much as I appreciate the honor of being nominated, that's not OK."

Haddish, who is nominated for her second Grammy this year for the best comedy album, continued: "I don't know if this might mean I might not get nominated ever again, but I think it's disrespectful."

Haddish has been nominated for two Grammys during her career. Kevin Winter/Getty

She later added: "This is something that needs to be addressed. How many other people have they done that to? It's like a guy asking you on a date, but telling you that you have to pay for it."

Originally a representative for the Recording Academy told Variety that all talent traditionally performs for free.

But later in a video posted to Instagram, the Academy's interim President Harvey Mason Jr. apologized to Haddish, saying that the offer was "disrespectful."

"It's just been brought to my attention that the Recording Academy invited Tiffany Haddish to host this year's premiere ceremony," he began. "Unfortunately and without me knowing, the talent booker working for the Academy told Ms. Haddish that we wouldn't even cover her costs while she hosted this event."

"To me that was wrong. I'm frustrated by that decision," he admitted. "It was a lapse in judgment. It was in poor taste and it's disrespectful."

This is just the latest controversy to hit this year's Grammy Awards. Earlier this month, several artists questioned the relevance of the Academy after The Weeknd was completely shut out of the nominations.

The Weeknd, who became the first artist to top all five of Billboard's top charts with his album "After Hours," responded to the nominations with a series of tweets in which he said: "The Grammys remain corrupt. You owe me, my fans, and the industry transparency."

Rapper Drake agreed with many critics, saying that there is a "disconnect between impactful music and these awards," and it was time to "start something new."

The 63rd Annual Grammy Awards ceremony will be held on January 31, 2021. They'll air live on CBS.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Tiffany Haddish told Nicolas Cage she had her 'first big O' watching him in Face/Off

The actress fessed up while the pair were shooting The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent.
By Tyler Aquilina
July 09, 2021 at 07:19 PM EDT

For Tiffany Haddish, Face/Off was more like Get/Off.

During a recent appearance on NPR's It's Been a Minute, the Girls Trip star recounted the story of her "first big O," which happened to take place while she was seeing the notoriously bonkers Nicolas Cage and John Travolta action film.

"Basically, I was at the movie theater seeing Face/Off. I was about 17 years old, on a date with this guy," Haddish explained. "And nobody else was in the theater really. It was just us in the back of the theater. And we started to make out... and it was my first time being fiddled with, I will say it like that."

She continued, "As I was achieving a momentous moment that I had never experienced in my life, I opened my eyes and the eyes of Nicolas Cage are looking into my eyes super big. And that was my first big O."
Tiffany Haddish; Nicolas Cage in 'Face/Off'

| CREDIT: STEVE GRANITZ/WIREIMAGE; EVERETT COLLECTION
Fast-forward to decades later, when Haddish teamed up with Cage for the upcoming film The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent (that's the one where Cage plays himself). "So now I'm standing across from this man, with those same big ol' eyeballs," she said. "And all I can think about is the guy that I went to the movies with... and then how weird I feel remembering this in front of him, and there he is looking at me."

Ultimately, Haddish decided she had to get the memory off her chest and come clean to Cage. "'Look, I'm really intimidated by you and I need to tell you something,'" Haddish recalled saying. "He was like, 'You? Tiffany Haddish? Intimidated?' I was like, 'I have to tell you this story, man! And once I tell you this story it'll be fine.'"

Indeed, it was. "He thought it was hilarious," Haddish said. "He laughed super hard. He goes, 'You know, my first wife, she saw me in a movie and she said she was gonna marry me, and we ended up getting married.' I said, 'Yeah, well, I didn't say that I was going to marry you, nor let you put your fingers anywhere on me, okay? I'm just letting you know that there's a thought that's been running through my mind, and it's keeping me from doing my job. But now that I've told you, I think this is going to be just fine.'"

We'll get to see just how much chemistry Haddish and Cage have when The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent hits theaters in April 2022. In the meantime, you can watch Haddish's full NPR interview below.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Common wishes 'queen' Tiffany Haddish a happy birthday days after split

The singer-actor's post comes less than a week after a source told PEOPLE he and the actress had gone their separate ways.
By Katie CampioneDecember 04, 2021 at 02:14 PM EST

Common is celebrating Tiffany Haddish on her birthday.
The 49-year-old actor and rapper shared a special message to his ex in honor of her 42nd birthday Friday, calling the Girls Trip star "one of the most beautiful and dynamic and wonderful people I've ever known."
"May the most HIGH continue to bless and shine through you. Wishing you Joy Love Peace Light and Fun on your born day. Love!" he captioned a photo of Haddish.
Common and Tiffany Haddish

| CREDIT: LESTER COHEN/GETTY
Common's post comes less than a week after a source told PEOPLE that he and Haddish had gone their separate ways.

"They are never in the same city together and both of them are just too busy for a serious relationship," the source said on Monday.

RELATED: Tiffany Haddish and Common Split After a Year Together: They're 'Too Busy for a Serious Relationship'
Haddish revealed she and Common were dating in an interview with Steve-O on his podcast Steve-O's Wild Ride in August 2020.
"I am in a relationship," she said before confirming she was dating Common.
The two met on the set of the 2019 film The Kitchen, where they became friends, Haddish told Steve-O.
She added that at the time it "wasn't anything sexual or anything like that because my eyes were set on something else."

For more on Tiffany Haddish and Common's split and other top stories, listen to the latest episode of our daily podcast on PEOPLE Every Day.
It was after they went on a virtual Bumble date in April that their relationship blossomed. "And then he got tested for everything, I got tested for everything, and, yeah, we've been f---ing," she said.
Common and Tiffany Haddish

RELATED: Common 'Evolved' Into the Man He Is Now with Tiffany Haddish: 'I Listen to What She Has to Say'
That same month, Common called the actress and comedian a "wonderful woman, a queen, and just a beautiful person" during an appearance on Live with Kelly and Ryan. He added, "You know, I just care for her a lot, enjoy her, and am grateful to have her in my life. I'm happy."
In July, Common told the PEOPLE Every Day podcast that his relationship with Haddish has made him a more "evolved" person.
"I think one of the important things about relationships for me has been to really know myself more and love myself and be able to express the things that I want," he told host Janine Rubenstein. "I've evolved and gotten to that place."
Haddish was previously married to her ex-husband William Stewart, whom she split from in 2013. Common has never been married but is a dad to daughter Omoye Lynn, 24, whom he shares with ex Kim Jones.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Tiffany Haddish and Aries Spears Child-Molestation Suit Dismissed
By Bethy Squires@BethyBSQU

b89b607aa9194794bcd00fb26ef92ce912-tiffany-haddish.rsquare.w330.jpg

Tiffany Haddish Photo: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
Update, September 20, 2022: The child-molestation suit against comedians Tiffany Haddish and Aries Spears has been dismissed, per court documents obtained by TMZ. According to the new filing, the Jane Doe who filed the suit asked the judge to dismiss the case with prejudice, meaning that the plaintiff cannot refile the suit again. “My family and I have known Tiffany Haddish for many years — and we now know that she would never harm me or my brother or help anyone else do anything that could harm us,” the plaintiff wrote. “We wish Tiffany the best and are glad that we can all put this behind us.”

Tiffany Haddish has broken her silence on the lawsuit brought against her and Aries Spears. The suit, obtained by People, alleges that Haddish “groomed” underage Jane and John Doe and that Spears molested John Doe on-camera. Haddish was present for the filming of a sketch called “Through a Pedophile’s Eyes,” and per the lawsuit, she “aided, abetted and watched Spears sexually molest a child.” On Instagram, Haddish said she couldn’t speak fully on the impending court case but regrets the sketch now. “While this sketch was intended to be comedic, it wasn’t funny at all,” she wrote on September 5, “and I deeply regret having agreed to act in it.”

The alleged footage was published on Funny or Die in 2014 but was taken down last May. Jane and John Doe’s mother claims, in the suit, that she was told the footage had been deleted when she asked to review it in 2014. Attorneys for Haddish and Spears also made statements on the lawsuit with Spears’s attorney calling it a “shakedown” and the attorney for Haddish said that the claims were “bogus.”
Two days after Haddish responded to the grooming allegations, Spears made his first statement since being sued for molestation. Spears made his comments in an Instagram promo for his podcast on September 7. “Obviously for legal reasons I really can’t talk about anything at this time,” Spears said. He then characterized the lawsuit as “extortion” and “a shakedown case.”