Amber Guyger appeals murder

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
I thought her sentence was light, but then again I'm kind of even surprised that she was found guilty the way things usually go. Her lawyers are doing what they are supposed to be doing. If she gets out it just proves that the system is fucked up, which we already know. I can't be mad at her for taking advantage of a broken system.
I hate shit like this. Yall cats cliche to death. Nigga that is PRECISELY what we've always been mad about, fuck is you talkin bout?

Solomon

Lifetime Member
Platinum Member
I hate shit like this. Yall cats cliche to death. Nigga that is PRECISELY what we've always been mad about, fuck is you talkin bout?
I can be mad that the system is fucked up without being upset with someone for taking advantage of said fucked up system. Fix the fucked up system and there will be nothing for anyone to be mad about.

arnoldwsimmons

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Just a little bit of sympathy...please?

751c1b60-a7a9-11eb-a7ff-9af109eeffcc

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought her sentence was light, but then again I'm kind of even surprised that she was found guilty the way things usually go. Her lawyers are doing what they are supposed to be doing. If she gets out it just proves that the system is fucked up, which we already know. I can't be mad at her for taking advantage of a broken system.
Broken system. I think this system is doing what it was created to do. Or else we would not have all these chiefs to control all these indians. A system created by big devils to control they little devils they created. White english male being the creator of everything we live by.
But when a lady can walk into your apartment or any black person apartment and shoot him dead and act like they was on lsd and walk then there is a lot of the system being stacked. Some of the things going on we are just patiently waiting our turn unless we are exempt or something. We watch key eye witnesses on 911 be kept out of the investigation just like in some of the cases involving stuff like this. The key witness had to leave town and look for a new job. They was not letting her ass in court when she was not going along with the narrative of the news and stuff. For us real humans either we overcome the system or die in it. People like me do not have any other choice.

Curtwalk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She finally finished reading that bible the judge gave her so she's no longer a threat to society:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Amber Guyger, ex-Dallas officer who murdered Botham Jean, appeal denied by Texas' highest court
Two justices – Judge Kevin Yeary and Judge Michelle Slaughter – wrote dissenting opinions but the rest of the court voted to not hear her appeal.

Author: Paul Livengood, WFAA Staff
Published: 2:32 PM CDT March 30, 2022
Updated: 2:37 PM CDT March 30, 2022

DALLAS —
The murder conviction and 10-year prison sentence for Amber Guyger, the former Dallas police officer who fatally shot Botham Jean in his apartment in 2018, was upheld by Texas' highest criminal court on Wednesday.
The Court of Criminal Appeals refused to hear Guyger’s petition to review a lower court’s decision to uphold her 2019 conviction and sentence. Two justices – Judge Kevin Yeary and Judge Michelle Slaughter – wrote dissenting opinions but the rest of the court voted to not hear her appeal.

The nine-member court has the final appellate jurisdiction in criminal cases, so the decision means Guyger has likely exhausted all avenues to appeal her conviction and sentence.
Guyger will continue serving her 10-year sentence at a prison in Gatesville, Texas. She is up for parole in 2024.
Civil rights attorney Lee Merritt, who represented Jean's family during the trial, told WFAA'S Rebecca Lopez that they are relieved the door has been shut on this case and Guyger can serve the rest of her sentence.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Amber Guyger, ex-Dallas officer who murdered Botham Jean, appeal denied by Texas' highest court
Two justices – Judge Kevin Yeary and Judge Michelle Slaughter – wrote dissenting opinions but the rest of the court voted to not hear her appeal.

Author: Paul Livengood, WFAA Staff
Published: 2:32 PM CDT March 30, 2022
Updated: 2:37 PM CDT March 30, 2022
DALLAS —
The murder conviction and 10-year prison sentence for Amber Guyger, the former Dallas police officer who fatally shot Botham Jean in his apartment in 2018, was upheld by Texas' highest criminal court on Wednesday.
The Court of Criminal Appeals refused to hear Guyger’s petition to review a lower court’s decision to uphold her 2019 conviction and sentence. Two justices – Judge Kevin Yeary and Judge Michelle Slaughter – wrote dissenting opinions but the rest of the court voted to not hear her appeal.

The nine-member court has the final appellate jurisdiction in criminal cases, so the decision means Guyger has likely exhausted all avenues to appeal her conviction and sentence.
Guyger will continue serving her 10-year sentence at a prison in Gatesville, Texas. She is up for parole in 2024.
Civil rights attorney Lee Merritt, who represented Jean's family during the trial, told WFAA'S Rebecca Lopez that they are relieved the door has been shut on this case and Guyger can serve the rest of her sentence.

Let her rot...... too bad she's up for parole in 2024

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
these mufuckas bet not.
that hoe needs to be butt fucked with the leg of a bar stool everyday for that whole 10 while she up in there.

I hope that sambo cooning ass judge gets the same treatment! Bitch looked like Madea up there hugging her and shit! Dumbass female black Sheriff in the court brushing her fucking hair and consoling this bitch?! And the last straw was the brother sanging that Ol negro hymn forgiveness shit. All of them collectively can kiss my ass! Fuck all of them! Isn’t this what they wanted? Judge coulda made the time mandatory, did she do that? No! Wish I could slap the shit outta all of em and put them in Ol boys place! Shoot a dude in his home in cold blood and call your fucking supervisor? Not the ambulance or 911? Bitch I hope you die and go straight to hell!

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Supreme Court denies Amber Guyger's appeal in Botham Jean murder
Guyger, 34, was sentenced to 10 years in prison for the shooting death of Jean at his apartment in September 2018.

DALLAS — The Supreme Court has denied former Dallas police officer Amber Guyger's appeal over her murder conviction in the shooting death of Botham Jean in 2018, according to a ruling Monday.
Guyger's attorneys had argued in a petition for writ of certiorari that Guyger's "rights to due process were violated" over a lower court's interpretation of Guyger's self-defense and mistake-of-fact claims in the shooting.

The Supreme Court did not issue an opinion in the ruling Monday; Guyger's case proceedings page included an update that the petition had been denied.
Guyger, 34, was sentenced to 10 years in prison for the shooting death of Jean at his apartment in September 2018. Guyger said she entered Jean's apartment, thinking it was her own, before shooting him. Guyger lived on the floor below Jean at the South Side Flats apartments.
In March, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals refused to hear Guyger's petition to review a lower court's decision to uphold her conviction and sentence.
While the nine-member court has the finale appellate jurisdiction in Texas criminal cases, Guyger appealed to the Supreme Court, asking the justices to have a lower court review her case again.
The Supreme Court denied the petition.

Dallas County District Attorney John Creuzot responded in a filing to the Supreme Court, saying "Guyger’s unsuccessful attempt to make a constitutional issue out of her disagreement with the state court’s fact-bound and state-law-grounded decision does not warrant the Court’s attention."

It was not immediately clear if Guyger had any further legal path in the appeals process.
Guyger remains in a state prison in Gatesville. Her projected release date is 2029, and she is eligible for parole in 2024.