America’s Mayors Should Take Marion Barry as a Model. Seriously.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Pizza Boli is straight around here. Them Eritreans be cooking shit up....

Armand's used to be my spot on Wisconsin Ave close to old Broadcast House 9, there's still one in VA but it don't come close to true Armand's. I'm only writing this cuz you mentioned Ledos which if one is unfamiliar can give 2 totally different experiences (Ledos in Laurel and College Park) are horrible but the joint in VA close to the Strathmore is The Shit (I think they have a copyright issue ongoing or at least they did. If the Ledos doesn't have an apostrophe I wouldn't eat there).

Also in College Park, Pizza Kingdom is The Shit. Fake assed Maryland jumbo slice that's pricey but better than driving all the way to mt pleasant.
Armand’s is still up and running in Rockville. I go there if ever a deep dish mood strikes. Their thin slices are great too.

We actually knew the former owners of the Original Ledos in College Park before they sold it off to the current owners. Used to cater any family event we had, free of charge. Great people and great food.

The franchise chains all over the place stemmed from that spot but couldn’t settle on trademarks, so they ended up adding the apostrophe.

I’m not too crazy about the jumbo slices. They’re big in size sure, but they don’t taste like anything special.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I’m assuming he was referring to Martha Dear. Personally I’ll drive anywhere in the DMV for a good slice.

I'm gonna try that one day but the prices are outrageous. I don't feel like it could possibly be worth it. $25 menu price for a 12 inch pizza, meanwhile Angelico's is two blocks away selling extra large supreme pizzas for $32 with tax included.

So I've never tried it! I will one day to see what the hype is about but I'm braced for disappointment.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
original.jpg

d0c171d0-e2c2-4388-801f-debd2e8edddb_text.gif

Wow, they put that quote on the cover?!? :smh:

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I'm gonna try that one day but the prices are outrageous. I don't feel like it could possibly be worth it. $25 menu price for a 12 inch pizza, meanwhile Angelico's is two blocks away selling extra large supreme pizzas for $32 with tax included.

So I've never tried it! I will one day to see what the hype is about but I'm braced for disappointment.
They’re def worth a try. Might not be an everyday ordeal but I prefer quality over quantity. I’ll pay the extra for the good stuff everytime.