Any Brothers on the Board here fight in Vietnam?

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
Fuck then gooks/chinks. You stand up for them and they CHOOSE to be racist against you. They don’t pull that racism shit with whites. This is why I laugh when racism is directed at these non white groups. Cause any chance they get they’ll stab blacks in the back and be racist against you to seek favor from whites.

cokely_muhammad

Student of Kogalee_Muhammad
Registered
I dodged the war. Im a draft dodger. The Honorable Elijah Muhammad told me that he forbade me to fight in the war for the devil. Had i disobeyed Allah, I would have been excommunicated and schlapped in front of the congregation of the Nation of Islam. :smh:

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I dodged the war. Im a draft dodger. The Honorable Elijah Muhammad told me that he forbade me to fight in the war for the devil. Had i disobeyed Allah, I would have been excommunicated and schlapped in front of the congregation of the Nation of Islam. :smh:
I was and ROTC drop out. My oldest brother dodged, by going across the lake to canada. He stayed there about a year, and came back saying they were just as racist. My father served during the Korean conflict, but was never deployed overseas he told the same stories as above about the military's racism.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Powerful statements.

However....
Their experiences were nothing new nor unique.
Just read the accounts of or ask the Black men & women who served during:
- The Korean War.
- WW2
- WW1
etc...
:dunno:
^^^^This. Nam was just a continuation and let's not forget Korea. Even when I was there in the mid 80s on my first tour, you could still find those attitudes amongst Korean women at predominately White clubs.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Korea was in the 50s...Vietnam
was the late 60s to early 70s Bruh.

Vietnam War/Period:

Nov 1, 1955 – Apr 30, 1975

The Vietnam War, also known as the Second Indochina War, and in Vietnam as the Resistance War Against America or simply the American War, was a conflict in Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia from 1 November 1955 to the fall of Saigon on 30 April 1975.

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How could they hand us weapons and we fight in the civil war. But the Vietnam war was like a follow up of blacks using violence to defend what master got but cannot use violence to defend themselves. A lot of us were to poor to do what Ali did.
Rwanda and South Africa let's us know that America will use the military to kill us and use the military to kill us if we try to separate like what happened in Jonestown

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Vietnam War/Period:

Nov 1, 1955 – Apr 30, 1975

The Vietnam War, also known as the Second Indochina War, and in Vietnam as the Resistance War Against America or simply the American War, was a conflict in Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia from 1 November 1955 to the fall of Saigon on 30 April 1975.
We went there to bail out the French in the late 60s. Up until then, the US only "officially" were there as advisors which was simply covert support w/o Congressional approval. Johnson escalated our involvement after the faked Gulf of Tonkin attack on the Navy from the North Vietnamese in 1965. That's when Troops were starting to be deployed to put boots on ground.

Come to think of it...this is where the US Special Forces first cut their teeth in Special Operations, namely Delta Force. They were formed in the 50s and went on to prove their mettle during the Vietnam Conflict/War.

Last edited:

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
The last American troops came out in 1975.
Okay, Arnold...the MID 70S. By all first-hand accounts that were told to me by Veterans when I'd joined, those last few years were nothing more than a drawdown and a complete withdrawal of Troops and was relatively peaceful.

I served with old heads, some of whom admitted to seeing no action outside of catching gonorrhea or syphilis from Short-Time rendezvous with the local heaux. All they did was arrange transportation back to "The World" for Troops, Refugees, and certain equipment.

We did the same during Grenada, Desert Storm, and OIF (even though we still have a presence in Iraq).

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member

The Brotha in the thumbnail is sporting a 9th ID (Infantry Division) patch. Ft. Lewis was my first Duty Station so I ran into a number of Vietnam Vets who were pretty close to retirement from the Army.

kgrhqioko8e1qi0hjclbngsrgpecg__35_1024x1024.jpg