Any fellas into watches?

Black Elite Onyx

wannabe star
Registered
Been collecting over two years now, got a nice 10 deep collection. Here's my recent acquisition.

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watches/black-bay-31-36-39-41/m79680-0002

tudor-m79680-0002

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Congratulations, great purchase.
Im feeling the Pelagos 39 or Black Bay GMT.

I was looking at the Pelagos 42, very nice! Its still on my list tho, it has a few advantages over the Rolex Sub,tbh

I have a Pelagos myself. It's a fantastic watch, but keep in mind, it's a 100 percent tool watch. You are never going to get a compliment on it -if you care about that kind of thing

Unless you are used to wearing titanium, it will initially feel too light/of lesser quality tha steel watches. If you have a large wrist like me, you may have to buy extra links, and they are a grip unless you can find some on ebay. I'm not crazy about the included rubber strap - it uses the bracelet endlinks and it just looks silly to me. I bought a Crafter Blue strap for it and I'd rather wear it on that.

That said, it's one of my favorite watches. The lume is fantastic (especially the lumed bezel) and the bracelet- specifically the adjustable clasp- is probably the best one I own. I'm a tool watch type person though. There isn't anything else from tudor that I really care for. (maybe the red bull pelagos chronograph)

Last edited:

West Endian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dealer in Aruba wanted $10,500 US for this beauty here.

Last edited:

West Endian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Good movement and classic shape.

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Casio and Seikos.
My states gun laws too restrictive for me to wear an expensive watch.

lol.

seriously though, casio, citizen and seiko is where I started my watch journey. and since I work outside, I still wear either a G or a pathfinder/rangeman/mudman every day. Still keep about 20 various casios a few seikos and a couple of citizens.

in truth, I get asked about my G shocks way more often than my automatic watches. Pelagos (Tudor), Sinn, Bell and Ross and Lum Tec watches never get a second look.

Was looking at a Planet Ocean for many years, but now think it might be a little too flashy - probably going either Omega Seamaster 300 (master chronometer, not professional) or Panerai, either 112 or 8 days. I've worn a 111 "homage' for years and no one's blinked an eye at it,so i think I would be safe.

Last edited:

Strait_Laced

knowledge alone ≠ power
OG Investor
I have a Pelagos myself. It's a fantastic watch, but keep in mind, it's a 100 percent tool watch. You are never going to get a compliment on it -if you care about that kind of thing

Unless you are used to wearing titanium, it will initially feel too light/of lesser quality tha steel watches. If you have a large wrist like me, you may have to buy extra links, and they are a grip unless you can find some on ebay. I'm not crazy about the included rubber strap - it uses the bracelet endlinks and it just looks silly to me. I bought a Crafter Blue strap for it and I'd rather wear it on that.

That said, it's one of my favorite watches. The lume is fantastic (especially the lumed bezel) and the bracelet- specifically the adjustable clasp- is probably the best one I own. I'm a tool watch type person though. There isn't anything else from tudor that I really care for. (maybe the red bull pelagos chronograph)
if i saw a pelagos in the wild, i would definitely compliment it. the blue one is really striking

tudorpelagosblue1.jpg

been looking for a 'blue' blue watch for years now. the one that comes closest to what my grail would be is the smurf...but that is an above and beyond price level

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
if i saw a pelagos in the wild, i would definitely compliment it. the blue one is really striking

tudorpelagosblue1.jpg

been looking for a 'blue' blue watch for years now. the one that comes closest to what my grail would be is the smurf...but that is an above and beyond price level
The blue Pelagos is the one I have. Only one person has ever said something about it- they asked if it was a Rolex. (funny, if you know the history of Tudor, which is owned by Rolex)
I went back and forth for a while over the black vs blue- I actually like the black Pelagos better, but thought it might look too much like my Sinn U1.

*with a couple of Gshocks thrown in just because I love them, lol

4-watches.png%22

Last edited:

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I love watches. Been looking for a nice watch under $3k for now, feel like I deserve it. Normally rock a Bulova, Movado and Citizen Eco-drive, cause I hate changing batteries.

I am looking at a Longines, Tudor or a Baume et Mercier. I made a mistake of looking at a Patek Phillipe and I'm not paying 200k for a watch.

Also looking for a nice watch I can get my son for his graduation.

Strait_Laced

knowledge alone ≠ power
OG Investor
I love watches. Been looking for a nice watch under $3k for now, feel like I deserve it. Normally rock a Bulova, Movado and Citizen Eco-drive, cause I hate changing batteries.

I am looking at a Longines, Tudor or a Baume et Mercier. I made a mistake of looking at a Patek Phillipe and I'm not paying 200k for a watch.

baumes are nice, have a couple. like pateks as well but those are small houses at those prices.

as far as son's graduation, get him something that he'll actually wear...ask him what he likes [most young folks don't want to go beyond apple watches], but if he grew up seeing your love for watches, might have rubbed off on him

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

are you looking for diver, chronograph, dress or a simple sport watch?

for less than 3k can't go wrong with Longines

at that price - for automatic watches you can also look at Tag Heur, Tissot, Christopher Ward and Hamilton

as for your son definitely gauge his taste - if he is a bit rough The G-Shock Master of G collection is really good
if he takes care of his things an entry level automatic like Seiko 5 collection or the Tissot PRX might be good - if he is bit careless the PRX also comes in quartz like many Seikos

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Was looking at a Planet Ocean for many years, but now think it might be a little too flashy - probably going either Omega Seamaster 300 (master chronometer, not professional) or Panerai, either 112 or 8 days. I've worn a 111 "homage' for years and no one's blinked an eye at it,so i think I would be safe.
you should be good - they hunting rolex, the trinity (AP PP Vacheron) and maybe RMille

its too much work to keep up with

why the chronometer and not the professional 300?
personally I want last gen 300 professional chronograph - this gen the ceramic is too shiny for me