Anybody watch "Always Sunny In Philadelphia" On F/X?

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Damn I have to check it out.

Pxs6CU.jpg

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
@fonzerrillii can tell you more...he seen the ep...I just got a basic preview of what happened

Yeah I broke down and googled the show.

I didn't see a synopsis but one of the articles specified that it dealt with race and also said "the gang goes black" :smh:

Just hoping they didn't go too far, I like this show too much I'd hate for them to go that route

Reactions: LSN

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why didn't anyone tell me that show was so fucking funny? I watched that shit for the first time today & was laughing so hard I had tears flowing. Plus I didn't know you were allowed to say shit on tv now.

One of the funniest shows ever, I call it Seinfeld on crack.
:cheers:my favorite show on tv.i love the charliemacdennis game.if you haven't seen it you're missing out on some of the best laughs of your life .its 2 episodes so watch then in order to get it.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
:cheers:my favorite show on tv.i love the charliemacdennis game.if you haven't seen it you're missing out on some of the best laughs of your life .its 2 episodes so watch then in order to get it.
Whats crazy is it gets funnier the 2nd time you watch some of those shows.. Whats so funny is they are all equally fucked up and dumb as shit in their own way but none of them can see the crazy shit in themselves but have no problem seeing the flaws in the rest of the crew.
:lol:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Man that episode was the truth... i thought i was going to be pissed when i saw the episode but then it actually ended up being a pretty good showcase of being black in America and the fact that we walk around life having to live by rules that White people don't have any idea about. Oh and it had Scott Backula singing to a Song about Quantum Leap..

Reactions: LSN

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Whats crazy is it gets funnier the 2nd time you watch some of those shows.. Whats so funny is they are all equally fucked up and dumb as shit in their own way but none of them can see the crazy shit in themselves but have no problem seeing the flaws in the rest of the crew.
i know thats the best thing about the show.and it seems believable.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Yeah I broke down and googled the show.

I didn't see a synopsis but one of the articles specified that it dealt with race and also said "the gang goes black" :smh:

Just hoping they didn't go too far, I like this show too much I'd hate for them to go that route

Yeah you need to watch it... I was gringing when I saw the title too but it was really good and didn't go over board. The ending was a little different but if you think about it more... it makes sense. I want to discuss further but I don't want to spoil anything... just that it was a good episode that dealt with a sensitive topic mature and thoughtful way even by sunny standards.

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
Man that episode was the truth... i thought i was going to be pissed when i saw the episode but then it actually ended up being a pretty good showcase of being black in America and the fact that we walk around life having to live by rules that White people don't have any idea about. Oh and it had Scott Backula singing to a Song about Quantum Leap..
what?!?!?!

LOL

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Yeah you need to watch it... I was gringing when I saw the title too but it was really good and didn't go over board. The ending was a little different but if you think about it more... it makes sense. I want to discuss further but I don't want to spoil anything... just that it was a good episode that dealt with a sensitive topic mature and thoughtful way even by sunny standards.
Another thing about the show is that its a real throwback show that does not try to be P.C. man they shit on everyone no matter what race creed, gender or sexual orientation.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Another thing about the show is that its a real throwback show that does not try to be P.C. man they shit on everyone no matter what race creed, gender or sexual orientation.

Yeap.. because they universally attack everyone they get the ability to take risks. I agree it is one of my all time favorites. I've never missed an episode.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is Eâ™­
BGOL Investor

bout to watch in a sec, one of my favorite shows

Dark08

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They caught it...I didn't know what the episode was about then as it was on I was nervous where they were going to go with it. They did a real good job....

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
co-sign. Ive watched this at least 4x around. Im still catching shit i missed laughing so dam hard.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
cool...sounds like a good ep...can't wait to watch it tomorrow...last season was very disappointing...the ski lodge episode was vintage 'it's always sunny...' a lot of the other eps just fell flat

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Damn...I forgot about this shit...

Regardless of the outcome the episode, I've been a fan of this show. I know the humor. They have no fucks to give. Have to take the good with the bad. But cats saying the ep wasn't offensive is a positive.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Damn...I forgot about this shit...

Regardless of the outcome the episode, I've been a fan of this show. I know the humor. They have no fucks to give. Have to take the good with the bad. But cats saying the ep wasn't offensive is a positive.

It wasn't offensive at all.
They attacked it and said everything white people say. They had no idea what they were talking about and didn't know whether they were being stereotypes or not or what. Just confused and things didn't go how they thought it would based on their experiences as white people.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Man it's been consistently good... I've always managed to laugh at 3 times during an episode.

...and not no regular laugh neither...a damn I gotta pause this and get this shit out my system vibrating thru out the entire house straight from the belly laugh

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Gonna get caught up on the series within the next year or two. Fell behind a number of seasons. Should have set a series recording, and didn't have the FX network prior to that.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
It wasn't offensive at all.
They attacked it and said everything white people say. They had no idea what they were talking about and didn't know whether they were being stereotypes or not or what. Just confused and things didn't go how they thought it would based on their experiences as white people.
I've seen it now, and they did it in the same style as the show. That show can be so many things at one time. Nice touch with the Quantum Leap shit.