Anyone ever setup or run a game arcade?

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor
Don't do it. Years ago that was a successful venture for a few cats I knew. But there was a lot of shit out back then. Only way you'd really get any people coming through is if you were running game tournaments or MLG events and also catered to a more Buffalo Wild Wings crowd by showing fights and ball games also.

Last edited:

jett42

Support BGOL
Registered
In all seriousness bruh, google headquarters beercade in Chicago. An arcade like that has a license to print money. I spent part of my 30th bday there last year with a bunch of buddies of mine cause we are all 80s babies. The place is in the Lincoln park area of Chicago and is filled with 80s and 90s arcade games like mortal kombat, street fighter, nba jam, nfl blitz, wrestlemania, killer instinct, Mario brothers, Simpsons, ninja turtles and a bunch more. All the games are free but it's a full bar there and everyone plays all night and just keeps drinking. They also have a bunch of tvs and on some tvs they show whatever game is on, on others they show 80s movies and on the others they show old wwf. When I went for my bday it was packed wall to wall and they were whatever prime time college game was on, rocky 4, and the 1992 wwf royal rumble. I was back in Chicago last week and it was still packed and they were showing the dolphins bills game, ghostbusters and another wwf event. Look into that type of place. My friebds and I spent a silly amount of money on my bday and all 4 bars in there are always full.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
In all seriousness bruh, google headquarters beercade in Chicago. An arcade like that has a license to print money. I spent part of my 30th bday there last year with a bunch of buddies of mine cause we are all 80s babies. The place is in the Lincoln park area of Chicago and is filled with 80s and 90s arcade games like mortal kombat, street fighter, nba jam, nfl blitz, wrestlemania, killer instinct, Mario brothers, Simpsons, ninja turtles and a bunch more. All the games are free but it's a full bar there and everyone plays all night and just keeps drinking. They also have a bunch of tvs and on some tvs they show whatever game is on, on others they show 80s movies and on the others they show old wwf. When I went for my bday it was packed wall to wall and they were whatever prime time college game was on, rocky 4, and the 1992 wwf royal rumble. I was back in Chicago last week and it was still packed and they were showing the dolphins bills game, ghostbusters and another wwf event. Look into that type of place. My friebds and I spent a silly amount of money on my bday and all 4 bars in there are always full.

i bet they be having"80s Theme" nights on occasion

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Gameworks too most times..

this place in Arkansas doing good

Because there you pay for admission for unlimited games. That's it's gimmick. It also helps that the owners are collectors so they change them out every couple of weeks.

That's the thing, you have to have a gimmick, like tie it into a bar, have a lot of rare games, or go 95% redemption games like most standard arcades are now.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
best of luck bruh!

if you can create an experience/the right atmosphere then you could get ppl out there...I remember mulling over the idea of about opening a cybercafe in the DR...I was nowhere near as serious as you are...truth be told it was merely a thought...but I def get what you said in bold 100%

I am in a niche market (current location Jamaica), and technologically the caribbean is like Miami for Drugs in the 80's. Those who want to get ahead will.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Damn, my bad. Why you gotta hurt Da Don's feelings like that, tho?
:roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2:

FY5dqK.jpg