Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I had to call them yesterday about ACH payments taking three weeks to clear… I was told there was a TikTok trick, but people were trying to get free money from opening Fidelity accounts
Depends on the banks, my bank does it in 1 day or same day. I think it also depends on how long you have had the account opened and if you have any previous transfers.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Depends on the banks, my bank does it in 1 day or same day. I think it also depends on how long you have had the account opened and if you have any previous transfers.
No, this is something totally different. He mentioned that people were depositing fake checks at Fidelity, which is now causing ACH payments to take three to four weeks to clear. I had an automatic deposit set up with Fidelity weekly, and now those deposits are also taking three to four weeks to clear—it started a few weeks ago.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
No, this is something totally different. He mentioned that people were depositing fake checks at Fidelity, which is now causing ACH payments to take three to four weeks to clear. I had an automatic deposit set up with Fidelity weekly, and now those deposits are also taking three to four weeks to clear—it started a few weeks ago.

Ok saw that one on the news. Think they said direct deposits from your job or from reputable companies wont be delayed.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Ok saw that one on the news. Think they said direct deposits from your job or from reputable companies wont be delayed.
I recently had automatic payments drafted directly from my bank account to Fidelity, and I noticed that most of them were taking three to four weeks to settle. I was shocked, so I called an agent. They explained the situation and suggested that I send the money directly from my bank to Fidelity, rather than requesting the money from Fidelity to my bank. The agent said they hope to have the situation resolved by the end of next month, but to me, that sounds like bullshit and is completely unacceptable.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
You can write off the interest on the loan, then it becomes free money!!
The interest on the loan is potentially deductible. As with traditional loans and lines of credit, you may be able to use the interest on the loan as a tax deduction.5 This is generally only an option if you used the proceeds to generate taxable income. For example, if you used the loan to make improvements to a rental property, purchase business assets, or make other taxable investments. Be sure to talk to your tax advisor, because not all interest is deductible.