Are Black Voters Leaving Democrats Behind?

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor

Wow, looking at that chart we're (African-Americans) doing pretty damn good. Look at it.

Shiiiiiit, we're supporting the whole chart. It looks like things would fall over if we weren't supporting it.

I think I'mma head to McDonald's and splurge today on a $20.00 Happy Meal. It's a great freaking day to be alive in Biden's America... Go Joe!:hmm:

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
where was his energy when we had a black president that never entertained Reparations? Why should a white republican champion it?

The Black president who couldn't get anything passed after the ACA and couldn't even appoint the a SCOTUS Jude due to GOP opposition? Good question.

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Action on Resolution under Agenda Item Nine on Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia and Related Forms of Intolerance

In a resolution (A/HRC/L.28/Rev.1) on from rhetoric to reality: a global call for concrete action against racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance, adopted by a vote of 32 in favour, 9 against and 6 abstentions, the Council requests the Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent to submit a report to the Human Rights Council at its fifty-fourth session, and requests the Secretary-General and the High Commissioner to provide the necessary human and financial resources to support the implementation of the mandate of the Working Group; requests the United Nations system to strengthen its awareness-raising campaigns to increase the visibility of the message of the Durban Declaration and Programme of Action, its follow-up mechanisms and the work of the United Nations in the fight against racism, and decides that the annual session of the Group of Independent Eminent Experts will be webcast to allow for remote participation and for greater awareness-raising among affected communities; decides that the annual session of the Permanent Forum on People of African Descent will be held in a hybrid format and will be webcast to allow for remote participation; and requests the Office of the High Commissioner to provide a written report, at the fifty third session, on the progress on the two-year comprehensive communications strategy, inclusive of an outreach programme to raise awareness about and mobilize global public support for racial equality.

The results of the vote were as follows:

In favour (32): Argentina, Armenia, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Cameroon, China, Cote d’Ivoire, Cuba, Eritrea, Gabon, Gambia, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Libya, Malawi, Malaysia, Mauritania, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Pakistan, Paraguay, Qatar, Senegal, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Venezuela.

Against (9): Czechia, France, Germany, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Ukraine, United Kingdom and United States.
Abstentions (6): Finland, Japan, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Republic of Korea and Uzbekistan.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Always an excuse...shit will never get done

It's simple math. The choices are to elect enough dems to pass it on their own or lobby/elect enough Republicans and independents willing to join with dems to pass it in a bipartisan fashion. This isn't rocket science.

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's simple math. The choices are to elect enough dems to pass it on their own or lobby/elect enough Republicans and independents willing to join with dems to pass it in a bipartisan fashion. This isn't rocket science.
And has that ever happen in history? And if it did happen please show me how it helped black people

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
And has that ever happen in history? And if it did happen please show me how it helped black people
We're not doing this again. Vote or don't vote. Google is free and so is the search function on this site if you want to look at the numerous times this or a similar question has been answered.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Look at education and job rates by groups also.

Black people who deliver get the same, if not better, results.

Comments on that pointed out that most Blk households have one or two earners and other house households may have 6 earners at 20k each showing 100k household. That image had no source and not enough detail.

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It has happened and it did help black people. Does this count, or nah?
---

Civil Rights Act of 1964

Final passage​

Vote totals​

Totals are in YeaNay format:
  • The original House version: 290–130 (69–31%)[1]
  • Cloture in the Senate: 71–29
  • The Senate version: 73–27[2]
  • The Senate version, as voted on by the House: 289–126 (70–30%)[3]

By party​

The original House version:[1]
  • Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
  • Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)
Cloture in the Senate:[36]
  • Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)
  • Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
The Senate version:[2]
  • Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
  • Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[3]
  • Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
  • Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We're not doing this again. Vote or don't vote. Google is free and so is the search function on this site if you want to look at the numerous times this or a similar question has been answered.
So basically you don't know..I'm probably older than you and I've never seen a president do anything material for black people. You keep voting and praying that one day that changes

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
So basically you don't know..I'm probably older than you and I've never seen a president do anything material for black people. You keep voting and praying that one day that changes

So basically all this has been answered before. It's doubtful you're older. People my age and older are more practical. The things most important to me, which I've also outlined elsewhere, are already part of the dem agenda.

Blkops

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It’s fascinating really how you don’t vote people spend a tremendous amount of time effort and energy criticizing democrats while ignoring republicans. Republicans at every level of government are openly hostile to black people. I don’t see you attack the republicans who have spent their time eliminating any opportunity for black people to get tangibles. Education, healthcare, farm subsidies, universal basic income and yes even reparations, republicans have made it their mission to ensure we don’t get those things because we are black. So the question is why no smoke for them? Maybe because your agenda and people like you is not what is good for black people but what’s good for you and your republican friends. So vote, don’t vote. Who cares. Just know this…we see you.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Black president who couldn't get anything passed after the ACA and couldn't even appoint the a SCOTUS Jude due to GOP opposition? Good question.
Well he always said Black people had no time for excuses like he told the graduates of Morehouse that nobody care for their excuses. Yet he and his apologists always find an excuse for why he couldn't get something done. "Excuses build bridges to nowhere" is what he would say

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It’s fascinating really how you don’t vote people spend a tremendous amount of time effort and energy criticizing democrats while ignoring republicans. Republicans at every level of government are openly hostile to black people. I don’t see you attack the republicans who have spent their time eliminating any opportunity for black people to get tangibles. Education, healthcare, farm subsidies, universal basic income and yes even reparations, republicans have made it their mission to ensure we don’t get those things because we are black. So the question is why no smoke for them? Maybe because your agenda and people like you is not what is good for black people but what’s good for you and your republican friends. So vote, don’t vote. Who cares. Just know this…we see you

It’s fascinating really how you don’t vote people spend a tremendous amount of time effort and energy criticizing democrats while ignoring republicans. Republicans at every level of government are openly hostile to black people. I don’t see you attack the republicans who have spent their time eliminating any opportunity for black people to get tangibles. Education, healthcare, farm subsidies, universal basic income and yes even reparations, republicans have made it their mission to ensure we don’t get those things because we are black. So the question is why no smoke for them? Maybe because your agenda and people like you is not what is good for black people but what’s good for you and your republican friends. So vote, don’t vote. Who cares. Just know this…we see you.
And Democrats have done the same

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor

Once a transfer is informally notified to Congress, the leaders of the House Foreign Affairs Committee or the Senate Foreign Relations Committee can block it by placing a hold on the package, and the State Department generally will not proceed if that occurs.

I wonder if your republican brethren will block Biden's zionist agenda

Here is a list of the members

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Its wild how the evil Republicans get shit done (mostly) when they want to despite only controlling the house, which recently only happened lol.

They are always able to reach across and the aisle and get democrats to co sponsor they shit.

Are they just better politicians than their democrat counterparts?

Do the democrats not know how to strike "back room deals" like in the 60s?

Or are they just playing like weak impotent bitches and don't really want to change the status quo like everyone says they are?

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Its wild how the evil Republicans get shit done (mostly) when they want to despite only controlling the house, which recently only happened lol.

They are always able to reach across and the aisle and get democrats to co sponsor they shit.

Are they just better politicians than their democrat counterparts?

Do the democrats not know how to strike "back room deals" like in the 60s?

Or are they just playing like weak impotent bitches and don't really want to change the status quo like everyone says they are?
This a good question for @Camille