Aries Spears Calls Out Mike Epps For Blaming Police Shootings On 'Black On Black' Crimes

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Both points can be argued with empirical data as valid. This is a push but what are they going to do about it with their celebrity? All around we (black people) need to do a lot of things. One thing we don’t need more of is division between US. If we got personal beef let’s meet and dead it. I need you bro. We all we got. My 2 cents

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Both points can be argued with empirical data as valid. This is a push but what are they going to do about it with their celebrity? All around we (black people) need to do a lot of things. One thing we don’t need more of is division between US. If we got personal beef let’s meet and dead it. I need you bro. We all we got. My 2 cents

All due respect but "we" don't need to do shit.

Despite all that we have to deal with and and the pitfalls we have to avoid the vast majority of us are already doing what we need to do and acting accordingly.

Our biggest issue we face amongst ourselves is allowing those of us who aren't living right to be our burden instead of keeping them and their bullshit at a distance.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor

Despite all that we have to deal with and and the pitfalls we have to avoid the vast majority of us are already doing what we need to do and acting accordingly.

Our biggest issue we face amongst ourselves is allowing those of us who aren't living right to be our burden instead of keeping them and their bullshit at a distance.

You are correct. I won’t dispute that or argue against you. It tells me you’re connected. Maybe like me you have sons. I’m angry as well. Deeper than most. If you’d like to debate I’d rather attack the issues and situations rather than you.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Both points can be argued with empirical data as valid.
Malcolm and Martin didnt give anyone an opportunity to kill them...

...but they still ended up dead.

there is no empirical evidence that concludes that cops kill Black people because of our behavior, in fact all the evidence says cops always fear for their lives regardless off what threat Black people pose to them.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I hate when stupid muthafuckers bring up the black on black card or black people need to give up when an officer is around card.

There's been story after story where a black person obeyed the officer and still was shot.....ie these guys here.

And,many many more but fuck all the evidence though.

I never see these people say what about white on white crime,Asian on Asian crime,Hispanic on Hispanic crime and etc...

It's like these people are just waiting for a situation like this to happen so they can say that bullshit.

And, I wish black people stop saying we're not doing anything to stop crime. We got program after program to stop crime but they're usually way underfunded,one of the first to go or have to cut costs. Black people are the ones the ones that's mostly protesting about crime not white people,Asians and Hispanics.

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Great respectful dialogue so far in this thread!

However, I do feel Mike is conflating two separate issues.

Agreed, i think what mike was trying to say is we need to unite, but he could have done that in another video...he could have just said talked about the cops and then in a different video, he could have gotten on woke vibe and just said..we gotta come together and unite, and given an example of how those brothers walked in with that state representative

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You don't hear white women saying "don't give men a reason to rape us." They've effectively made it politically incorrect to even question the veracity of a rape accusation. Hell, if a white woman in 2020 says a dude sexually winked his eye at her from across the room at an office Christmas party back in the 1980s, you best believe you better believe it or your name is mud.

Meanwhile, niggas out here passing off blaming the victims of racist lynchings as Black straight talk & tough love. If Mike was talking about armed and dangerous criminals killed in the commission of a crime, the shit he ended with would make sense, but that's not something you invoke after watching a human being get hunted, trapped, and slaughtered like a wild boar hog. Fuck outta here.

Last edited:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Mike Epps is a coon ass comedian that works for white executives in entertainment. This is why celebrity worship is DEAD in 2020.

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
naaaaaaaaaw.. i agree with ME and I'm not a fan of his comedy! Yes, he conflated two separated issue but they are both detrimental to our community. Facts of the matter is, Cop on black killing is problem and at times we do some dumbshit that pretty much helps the police make the most fucked up horrible decision about our lives. Fact we do have a black on black problem in our community that cause others outside of our community to falsely believe even within our own community, we kill indiscriminately. Dead is Dead, and the author of that death, does not bring real comfort to those love ones left behind.

If only mofos could listen and understand context would they get what ME was saying. It's as if people refuse (or can't) engage in a higher level of reasoning & thinking before commenting. AS comment is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Interesting note, AS is quick to go at ME but slow to allow his voice to be heard to the masses over these horrible tragedies that plague our community. Just saying!

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
naaaaaaaaaw.. i agree with ME and I'm not a fan of his comedy! Yes, he conflated two separated issue but they are both detrimental to our community. Facts of the matter is, Cop on black killing is problem and at times we do some dumbshit that pretty much helps the police make the most fucked up horrible decision about our lives. Fact we do have a black on black problem in our community that cause others outside of our community to falsely believe even within our own community, we kill indiscriminately. Dead is Dead, and the author of that death, does not bring real comfort to those love ones left behind.

If only mofos could listen and understand context would they get what ME was saying. It's as if people refuse (or can't) engage in a higher level of reasoning & thinking before commenting. AS comment is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Interesting note, AS is quick to go at ME but slow to allow his voice to be heard to the masses over these horrible tragedies that plague our community. Just saying!

The issue with Mike Epps point was “Since Black people kill each other, cops see no issue with killing Black people too”. That’s dumb foolish logic if someone thinks that way.

It was a truly dumb and dangerous statement to say.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor

Doubtful Mike Epps can attract an audience willing to listen, do or act upon what he's saying. He's just not that guy. He needs a credible spokesperson.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Who has ever had to hold their sides from laughing so hard at Mike Epps' comedy? I was willing to give him credit for parlaying his wack humor into a estimated 6 million net worth but blaming black on black crime for murders committed by cops gets him a big "fuck you" from me. :mad:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I hate when stupid muthafuckers bring up the black on black card or black people need to give up when an officer is around card.

There's been story after story where a black person obeyed the officer and still was shot.....ie these guys here.

And,many many more but fuck all the evidence though.

I never see these people say what about white on white crime,Asian on Asian crime,Hispanic on Hispanic crime and etc...

It's like these people are just waiting for a situation like this to happen so they can say that bullshit.

And, I wish black people stop saying we're not doing anything to stop crime. We got program after program to stop crime but they're usually way underfunded,one of the first to go or have to cut costs. Black people are the ones the ones that's mostly protesting about crime not white people,Asians and Hispanics.

Once anyone brings up black on black crime i immediately and expeditiously remove myself from their presence

Forever

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Them repeating that "black on black" crime shit makes all of us targets. The excuse always is that black people wouldn't be treated like criminals if black people didn't kill other black people. I never killed a black person, I don't commit crimes, but some black dude in Indiana being a criminal somehow makes me a criminal too.

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Aries is an attention whore and Mike Epps is wrong, I def think Epps is not able to articulate what I believe he was trying to say. Two separate issues both are somewhat correct. Police / White Supremacy / Social constructs are all snatching not just our lives but our well being, I know some brilliant brothers and sisters that went looney, drugs, and I always feel like its moments of racism, or the realities of our world that broke them.

On the flip side of the coin, I know many brothers and sisters lives ruined at the hands of our own folks. I know are all emotional, and I had a horrible day yesterday replaying the video in my head, the what ifs, how comes, how do I avoid, etc etc.. That being said we know our community canibalizes itself.... I just dont think this is the time to inject that into this situation....

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Doubtful Mike Epps can attract an audience willing to listen, do or act upon what he's saying. He's just not that guy. He needs a credible spokesperson.

He could be...I never thought DL Hughley could be in that position either, but he has changed his status to being an activist and speaking out against injustices in the community..

DADDY4HOES

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Aries is 100% right. Mike Epps is out of bounds and not on Spears ( or anybody elses )level. However, if DL takes this as a personal attack he may be in for a battle