Average Net Worth and Income for African Americans

hocjo2626

Horace C. Jones II
Registered
Invest in yourself(education), network, make wise romantic relationship decisions and pay yourself twice, lend a helping hand whenever you can and invest wisely.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
I am around the richest people every day and all they do is self promote in order to get more business and it works. No one will give good business to anyone who looks and dresses like a bum.
My late nephew got A LOT of business when he started dressing the part. When he died, he lived on the 23rd floor in a high rise behind Phipps Plaza and drove a Jaguar F-Type. I gave him 2 pieces of advice, which he followed. Look like you belong, but don't overdo it. Those who belong, don't feel the need to go overboard on the swag. Also, fuck being an artist, artists get slices of bread, writing is where the loaves are.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I know a black dude that owns multiple white sport bars / clubs in nyc and various other states...he earns a high 8 figs a yr... He lives in an apt in Harlem and doesn't even own a car... He juss uber everywhere... Clothes is mad plain... You would never know he made that much a yr... Know another individual whose a multi-millionaire who own a lot of real estate... FAVe outfits are khaki pants/ jeans, pair of new balance sneakers, and some kind of college t-shirt shirt... Been dressing like that for over 30 yrs..never owned a car that cost more than 30,000... Owns multiple brownstones, tenement buildings, etc and owns a restaurant...actually juss sold a condo for over a million dollars... Those are juss 2 of many multi-millionaire I personally know that purposely dress down who you would never know they were rich... It's a lot of individuals like that
And they are saving it to take it with them I guess. Do you think they don't spend money on maintaining those properties?

All those people probably don't like flashy clothes or cars etc.. but trust me, they would not be caught dead doing poor shit like eating at bad restaurants or buying poor quality products for their enjoyment.
I never spend more than $200 on shoes or more than $70 on a shirt but I drive a $90k car and own watches of the same value etc....
When I am at a party full of rich folks, I dress the part and let everybody know what I do and trust me I get business just from that. You have to advertise yourself and prove that your are worth the money that someone is about to spend with you.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My late nephew got A LOT of business when he started dressing the part. When he died, he lived on the 23rd floor in a high rise behind Phipps Plaza and drove a Jaguar F-Type. I gave him 2 pieces of advice, which he followed. Look like you belong, but don't overdo it. Those who belong, don't feel the need to go overboard on the swag. Also, fuck being an artist, artists get slices of bread, writing is where the loaves are.
Precisely!

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
And they are saving it to take it with them I guess. Do you think they don't spend money on maintaining those properties?

All those people probably don't like flashy clothes or cars etc.. but trust me, they would not be caught dead doing poor shit like eating at bad restaurants or buying poor quality products for their enjoyment.
I never spend more than $200 on shoes or more than $70 on a shirt but I drive a $90k car and own watches of the same value etc....
When I am at a party full of rich folks, I dress the part and let everybody know what I do and trust me I get business just from that. You have to advertise yourself and prove that your are worth the money that someone is about to spend with you.
1 shops at Costco and cooks most of his food... The other doesn't mind buying a slice of pizza for dinner... The real estate 1 has several daughters so he makes sure they good...sending them 5 fig checks every several months... He gives bread to his grandkids... The club owner juss makes sure his mother good... Like I said I know dude personally... The real estate 1 pretty much all my life... 1 of the cats who I watched how he moved and said yep that's how you do it when you get it... I know quite a few millionaires and they all move a certain way...get money to take care of your love 1s, when they good you good cause at the end of the day that s all that really matter your circle of love 1s living and chilling

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You can live a full, great life, and never accumulate a million dollars in assets. You can live comfortable without being a paper slave.

I just hope we as a people can show vast improvement in improving our people's financial net worth, across the board.