Belichick is out.

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
giphy.gif
Pick #199 in the 2000 Draft. It wasn't a foregone conclusion that he would be the GOAT.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude when you CHEAT of course you're going to be able to put shit in place that looks great.
So that makes Bill a better cheater than the other coaches? :confused:

Let’s take another cheating coach, Sean Payton, for example. Why hasn’t he had similar success?

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
He was not
Again you say when tom Brady left he had no clue how to draft a QB that's insane. He drafted Tom Brady. You don't just draft great QBs unless you're green Bay
Show me the coach who got it right every time?

On top of the fact he took Mac Jones to the playoffs just last year

And that furthers his argument if assistants were good as his assistant but terrible as their own coaches

Then maybe the success they had was due to him?
Again I disagree with you

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So that makes Bill a better cheater than the other coaches? :confused:

Let’s take another cheating coach, Sean Payton, for example. Why hasn’t he had similar success?

Man stop it.. What did Payton do in comparison to Cheatachick? And what did the league choose to destroy all of the spygate evidence? Why did it come out that spygate went on far longer than it was originally stated? Why did the Cheatachick get caught again spying on teams?

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man stop it.. What did Payton do in comparison to Cheatachick? And what did the league choose to destroy all of the spygate evidence? Why did it come out that spygate when on far longer than it was originally stated? Why did the Cheatachick get caught again spying on teams?
“bounty gate” is worse than anything Belichick ever did. Matching fixing is an organized crime which could’ve landed fed time for the ‘Aints.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He was not
Again you say when tom Brady left he had no clue how to draft a QB that's insane. He drafted Tom Brady. You don't just draft great QBs unless you're green Bay
Show me the coach who got it right every time?

On top of the fact he took Mac Jones to the playoffs just last year

And that furthers his argument if assistants were good as his assistant but terrible as their own coaches

Then maybe the success they had was due to him?
You mean the same Mac Jones that was benched this year with a team that went 4-13?

He got lucky that his Brady pick worked out. Luck that ran out when Brady was gone.

You mention Green Bay, what about Andy Reid and what he's done in both Philly and KC?

I give Mike Tomlin more credit than Bill for the simple fact that once Bill lost his golden goose, all the flaws in his coaching system came to light. Meanwhile, Tomlin kept it moving as best he could with variety of shitty QB's.

Bottom line Bill had 5 years post Brady to prove his system works no matter what. It didn't

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
You mean the same Mac Jones that was benched this year with a team that went 4-13?

He got lucky that his Brady pick worked out. Luck that ran out when Brady was gone.

You mention Green Bay, what about Andy Reid and what he's done in both Philly and KC?

I give Mike Tomlin more credit than Bill for the simple fact that once Bill lost his golden goose, all the flaws in his coaching system came to light. Meanwhile, Tomlin kept it moving as best he could with variety of shitty QB's.

Bottom line Bill had 5 years post Brady to prove his system works no matter what. It didn't
Yes that same Mac Jones which is the point

He was able to scheme that trash ass QB into the playoffs

Thanks

Lucky with the pick is the story of every team that got a franchise QB period which further illustrates my point

He's done it!

Bottom line is his system does work unless he has the WORST QB of all behind center

Because he is a DEFENSIVE coach and his DEFENSE remained top tier

If you say he had 5 years to put a good offense in place with a low budget spare parts and a terrible class?

Agree he owns that

Like this the 1st year they'll have a top pick Mac Jones was selected n
15th a QB at 15

You gonna try to tell me if he didn't land cj Stroud he wouldn't be coaching lol

I have nothing to say about Tomlin he's a miracle worker and a goat

Andy Reid couldn't win the big one until he got a potential goat lol as great as he was it took a once in a lifetime goat to win even with him having all those great QBs

I rest my case

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes that same Mac Jones which is the point

He was able to scheme that trash ass QB into the playoffs

Thanks

Lucky with the pick is the story of every team that got a franchise QB period which further illustrates my point

He's done it!

Bottom line is his system does work unless he has the WORST QB of all behind center

Because he is a DEFENSIVE coach and his DEFENSE remained top tier

If you say he had 5 years to put a good offense in place with a low budget spare parts and a terrible class?

Agree he owns that

Like this the 1st year they'll have a top pick Mac Jones was selected n
15th a QB at 15

You gonna try to tell me if he didn't land cj Stroud he wouldn't be coaching lol

I have nothing to say about Tomlin he's a miracle worker and a goat

Andy Reid couldn't win the big one until he got a potential goat lol as great as he was it took a once in a lifetime goat to win even with him having all those great QBs

I rest my case
You still didn't explain how Tomlin, who is in a similar situation, has been able to stay consistent with the Steelers while Bill has crashed and burned with the Patriots.

He didn't draft Stroud, so what if's are not debatable. If you want to go that route, Bill's coaching record his very average when you look at his overall coaching stats when there was no Tom Brady. Would we be having this conversation if Bill never drafted Tom Brady or if Tom's career turned out to be average? To be honest, Bill's track record with overall draft success has been spotty at best, regardless of drafting Tom Brady. I mean he traded up to draft a kicker that bombed his rookie season...lol.

The patriots have been historically cheap so much so that Tom Brady complained openly for years about it. Yet somehow, the team achieved great success in spite of it. Tom leaves and now the cheapness is the sole cause of them loosing? Do you think if Tom had stayed in New England the cheapness would have finally caught with them?

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
You still didn't explain how Tomlin, who is in a similar situation, has been able to stay consistent with the Steelers while Bill has crashed and burned with the Patriots.

He didn't draft Stroud, so what if's are not debatable. If you want to go that route, Bill's coaching record his very average when you look at his overall coaching stats when there was no Tom Brady. Would we be having this conversation if Bill never drafted Tom Brady or if Tom's career turned out to be average? To be honest, Bill's track record with overall draft success has been spotty at best, regardless of drafting Tom Brady. I mean he traded up to draft a kicker that bombed his rookie season...lol.

The patriots have been historically cheap so much so that Tom Brady complained openly for years about it. Yet somehow, the team achieved great success in spite of it. Tom leaves and now the cheapness is the sole cause of them loosing? Do you think if Tom had stayed in New England the cheapness would have finally caught with them?
I think Tom could gave them one more championship, but age was starting to become a huge factor with him. His last year in Tampa Bay, his arm was becoming a noodle.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think Tom could gave them one more championship, but age was starting to become a huge factor with him. His last year in Tampa Bay, his arm was becoming a noodle.
Definitely father time was catching up with him. However, dude won a championship the first year away from New England, so NE could have gotten one more before he hit the brick wall.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
You can’t say that after the cheating scandals and his record pre and post Shady Brady.

You mean Cleveland?

He was a top tier at the Giants

He is a defensive mastermind

Other side if the ball? Well...not so much.

His actual coaching in game is unquestioned. He has coached up players who flopped elsewhere. The Patriot Way was a real thing.

His coaching tree sucks.

His record is what it is. You really think no one else cheated? I can only deal with wins and loses because when you start doing all the cheating, bad refs, injuries weather, bad organizations etc etc

everyone's resume is suspect

I ain't even a Patriot fan by any stretch

Is he a cheat? Yeah probably.

But I ain't gonna try to say Bill isn't the greatest.

What was the goat's record after Brady left again?

I don’t think he’s a good head coach. He just got lucky with Tom Brady. He’s a good defensive coordinator.

It's obvious Bellicheck owes his success to Brady, you don't be a average coach, get lucky and find a QB that becomes the G.O.A.T. and start winning and then when the G.O.A.T. QB leaves you once again become a average coach and then get fired. The “Patriot Way“ was supposed to be a system of next man up and felt it could go on without Brady but we see what happened after Brady left