Best places to visit "Dolo" aka "Solo"

MCP

International
International Member
Nice ^

I'd like to visit Asia and South America.

Also, hoping to travel more shortly after retirement (planning to retire in 13 - 15 years at 58 - 60yo).
That's nice.

One of my goals is to visit each continent. I only have South America and Africa yet to visit. As long as there is life in me I will strive to visit one country in each of those continents. I'm hoping to retire around 65 and still have plans to travel.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
That's nice.

One of my goals is to visit each continent. I only have South America and Africa yet to visit. As long as there is life in me I will strive to visit one country in each of those continents. I'm hoping to retire around 65 and still have plans to travel.

Great plan.

My mom's motivated me more over the years. She travelled a decent amount during her working years, but much more in retirement (she turns 74 next month).

Regarding retirement ... looking forward to it. Happy to be doing reasonably well financially and realizing I'll be able to retire early. It's that "light at the end of the tunnel" feeling. Having passive income coming in from investments and living within reason / a budget. Never been flashy, so I wasn't wasting money on bullshit purchases. In a perfect world I'd like to retire by 52 - 55yo, but want to wait until 58 - 60 to nearly maximize pension plan benefits.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

MCP

International
International Member
Great plan.

My mom's motivated me more over the years. She travelled a decent amount during her working years, but much more in retirement (she turns 74 next month).

Regarding retirement ... looking forward to it. Happy to be doing reasonably well financially and realizing I'll be able to retire early. It's that "light at the end of the tunnel" feeling. Having passive income coming in from investments and living within reason / a budget. Never been flashy, so I wasn't wasting money on bullshit purchases. In a perfect world I'd like to retire by 52 - 55yo, but want to wait until 58 - 60 to nearly maximize pension plan benefits.
@Helico-pterFunk

As for myself I'm lucky to have a defined benefit pension here in the UK. When I do retire I will be guaranteed a set income for life.

This and some of my investments will hopefully give me a comfortable retirement

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@Helico-pterFunk

As for myself I'm lucky to have a defined benefit pension here in the UK. When I do retire I will be guaranteed a set income for life.

This and some of my investments will hopefully give me a comfortable retirement

Co-sign @MCP .

Just turned 45.

Hoping to retire by 58 - 60.

Been with current employer 20 years. Have more passive income coming in these days.

Hoping to combine that with savings, RRSP, TFSA, OAS, MPP, and CPP.