• H-Town

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Shai

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jodeci & Boyz II Men were the top male r&b groups of the 90's. Who was second best?

MI0001330481.jpg

Intro is an AmericanR&B trio from Brooklyn, New York City, New York. The trio consisted of members Jeff Sanders, Clinton "Buddy" Wike and lead singer/songwriter Kenny Greene. Intro released two albums (for Atlantic Records): 1993's Intro and their second album, 1995's New Life. The group had a string of US hits in the 1990s.

MI0001409186.jpg

Silk is an American R&B group, formed in 1989 in Atlanta, Georgia. They are best known for their 1993 hit single, "Freak Me", which reached number-one on the US Billboard Hot 100.

e172118261174bcd92afe56d5867b987.jpg

H-Town is an American R&B vocal group from Houston, Texas, United States. Forming in 1990, H-Town was originally founded by twin brothers Keven "Dino" Conner, Solomon "Shazam" Conner, and longtime friend Darryl "G.I." Jackson. H-Town is best known for their hits during the early to mid–1990's.

5147.jpg

Shai is an American 1990s vocal R&B/soulquartet. Their biggest hit was "If I Ever Fall in Love," which reached #2 on the Billboard Hot 100.

hqdefault.jpg

Blackstreet, often stylized as BLACKstreet, is an American R&B group founded in 1991 by Teddy Riley andChauncey Hannibal, also known as "C. Black.

Best Second Tier Female R&B Group Of The 90's
http://www.bgol.us/board/showthread.php?t=683468&highlight=tier

Last edited:

tuckdog

Rising Star
Registered
On singing ability it's a toss up between Intro and Silk. Them was both some sangin ass negroes. Can't listen to Intro's songs quite the same anymore though. Come Inside sounds a WHOLE LOT different now. :smh: :puke:

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
H-town...because all of their album except their last were dope and don't sound dated.

I thought,their single "Natural woman" could of been a bigger hit,nationally.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
On singing ability it's a toss up between Intro and Silk. Them was both some sangin ass negroes. Can't listen to Intro's songs quite the same anymore though. Come Inside sounds a WHOLE LOT different now. :smh: :puke:

Yeah, after finding out dude was gay the songs take on a whole new meaning :smh:
Group was nice though
OP pretty much named all the other groups from the 90s

Nu_lojik

Potential Star
Registered
Taken individually? Meh...but when you put together one helluva session mix...Case in point?

bborn

Rising Star
Registered
peace

For the 1st part of the decade
Bub, Chief, Wes & the nigga L
DMHS
BlessTheDead H Till

Still got it if they want it & stop playin around since they set it for that decade, survivors of the NJS era

Speaking of the 90s, BrianMcKnight's brother & them may have been gospel based but never to be slept on

peace

Pack Rat

Imperturbable
BGOL Investor
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HBrPB0IVO70?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dirty Hubcaps

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yeah, after finding out dude was gay the songs take on a whole new meaning :smh:
Group was nice though

nah, he got most but he's missing a couple. remember in boyz in the hood when cuba gooding JUST got finished getting fukked with by the pigs, came back to the hood & nia long gave him that medicine :yes: she's been good with me ever since then. this is what was playing in the background

no way you don't get a dance with this playing

moist ass video, but i got mad play off this song

camdion1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know Troop was late 80's and 90's but imma throw em in there anyway

1. Silk
2. Blackstreet
3. Dru Hill
4. Troop
5. Today
6. Intro
7. 112
8. Htown

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
Fuck what you heard...

...back when being in love meant something to me, very few albums from the 90's topped 112's debut.

Pack Rat

Imperturbable
BGOL Investor
Damn, just remembered this group.....long forgotten.:smh:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lhjznPPs2RE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
nah, he got most but he's missing a couple. remember in boyz in the hood when cuba gooding JUST got finished getting fukked with by the pigs, came back to the hood & nia long gave him that medicine :yes: she's been good with me ever since then. this is what was playing in the background

no way you don't get a dance with this playing

moist ass video, but i got mad play off this song

GREAT picks. I'd argue these over the ones the OP initially picked. Tony Toni Tone had HITS. After 7 was the shit! And Mint Condition has really great songs. If I had to choose, I'd go:

Tony Toni Tone
Dru Hill
Blackstreet
Mint Condition

johniz

Rising Star
Registered
This was one of my favorite groups..also they were around my age along with Soul for Real:

RIP lead singer Tony Thompson

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Group was nice though

Damn I didn't know dude was gay, sure makes those lyrics ring in the ear differently. Wow

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
As a kid I used to think some of those groups were cool and talented, but now that I am older and wiser and am able to judge them in terms of historical talent as opposed to contemporary popularity, those guys compared to the groups of the 60's and 70's. :smh: I can't even listen to half of that boring bullshit now..

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
112, Dru Hill, H-Town, Intro

if Kenny Green wouldn't have died, Intro would be still around.
Az Yet had some talented singers,....too bad they were a one album and done group.
H-Town would have been goin strong if Dino wouldnt have died.
Dave Hollister was the soul of Blackstreet.....but he did the right thing by going solo.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
As a kid I used to think some of those groups were cool and talented, but now that I am older and wiser and am able to judge them in terms of historical talent as opposed to contemporary popularity, those guys compared to the groups of the 60's and 70's. :smh: I can't even listen to half of that boring bullshit now..

In terms of vocalists, the 90s matched and possibly even surpassed the 70s. A few great 70s groups, like the Delfonics, weren't really great singers. Their songs were just well-composed.

B-Witty

I am on point like a tattle tell................!
Registered
Tony Toni Tone, followed closely is Mint Condtion... all day long wtf are yall talking about? Dru Hill would be the only group mentioned even close.. but even they cant compare to triple T....

I could post more but I think u get my point!