Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Shai

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
112, Dru Hill, H-Town, Intro

if Kenny Green wouldn't have died, Intro would be still around.
Az Yet had some talented singers,....too bad they were a one album and done group.
H-Town would have been goin strong if Dino wouldnt have died.
Dave Hollister was the soul of Blackstreet.....but he did the right thing by going solo.

H-Town and most of the other groups you mentioned were already washed up by the time the lead singers for the group died.
They had their time in the 90s, but the style had played out in the mainstream long ago.
I still enjoy listening to this music for the nostalgia though. :yes:

soulcontroller

Rising Star
Registered
In terms of vocalists, the 90s matched and possibly even surpassed the 70s. A few great 70s groups, like the Delfonics, weren't really great singers. Their songs were just well-composed.

You are buggin. Shit gradually watered down decade after decade. Shit couldn't fuck with the 80s.

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
silk-freak-me-o.gif

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Tony Toni Tone, followed closely is Mint Condtion... all day long wtf are yall talking about? Dru Hill would be the only group mentioned even close.. but even they cant compare to triple T....

I could post more but I think u get my point!

these are bands not groups

jerrynuevo

Day 1 member
BGOL Investor
nah, he got most but he's missing a couple. remember in boyz in the hood when cuba gooding JUST got finished getting fukked with by the pigs, came back to the hood & nia long gave him that medicine :yes: she's been good with me ever since then. this is what was playing in the background

no way you don't get a dance with this playing

moist ass video, but i got mad play off this song

Mint condition
And After 7

Last edited:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
In terms of vocalists, the 90s matched and possibly even surpassed the 70s. A few great 70s groups, like the Delfonics, weren't really great singers. Their songs were just well-composed.
No way, back then they had people singing in different ranges and they did not have that generic everyone sound alike voice like they had in the 90's.. Most of the great songs of the 70 are timeless classics while most of the 90's rnb male groups shit sounds dated as fuck... You not going to see took many remakes of their songs much less remakes for hits..

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
No way, back then they had people singing in different ranges and they did not have that generic everyone sound alike voice like they had in the 90's.. Most of the great songs of the 70 are timeless classics while most of the 90's rnb male groups shit sounds dated as fuck... You not going to see took many remakes of their songs much less remakes for hits..

What "generic everyone sound alike voice?" I can name several groups - Guy, BBD, Jodeci, Boyz II Men, Mint Condition and Hi-Five - and they didn't sound a like.

You won't have many remakes these days because there are hardly any male R&B groups out there.

TNazT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just wanted to bump this super slept on group and album.

Teddy Riley produced the album. And the rumor is, the tracks on the album were suppose to be for Blackstreet. But, Backstreet broke up, so he gave them to Men of Vision. Also, these dudes can really freakin sing.

yasky777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know Troop was late 80's and 90's but imma throw em in there anyway

1. Silk
2. Blackstreet
3. Dru Hill
4. Troop
5. Today
6. Intro
7. 112
8. Htown
Troop is tier 1 one digit behind NE there ballads almost unfuckwittable.

The answer to this question is Silk, they can and do still tour today.