Rising Star
BGOL Investor
"I can tell by how my pager rings if a song is good or not" Jay-Z :hmm:

[FLASH]http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:432845[/FLASH]

oNe!!!

andusay

Star
Registered
After I heard it, I wonder why anyone is calling. That shit is do-do and I was hoping it was good!

Andeyhollawho

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Which means he don't really give a fuck if it leaks and it's good. Sounds smart to me. Cause if it leaks and nobody gives a fuck that means it's a crap album.

Kingdom Come leaked too you know...

StillMatic

Star
Registered
This emo shit he put out had me mad I downloaded it. This fool put techno in his music. Thankfully i did not buy it!

kefta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fuck them (them means Acur mostly) I'm a Jay-Z fan but you won't see me kissing his ass and making believe he can do no wrong! This album was wrong as fuck!

Co Sign. I listened to it but damn, i just can't seem to dig it. :confused: If i worked at the Source magazine, i would rate it 3.5/5. No disrespect intended to all Jay-Z fans on BGOL. oNe!!!

Kaine3000

Heart of a warrior mind of a revolutionary
BGOL Investor
This emo shit he put out had me mad I downloaded it. This fool put techno in his music. Thankfully i did not buy it!

C/S..threw that shit in the Recycle Bin, Not knocking those who thought it was tight but that shit was garbage to me.

Les W

Star
Registered
Co Sign. I listened to it but damn, i just can't seem to dig it. :confused: If i worked at the Source magazine, i would rate it 3.5/5. No disrespect intended to all Jay-Z fans on BGOL. oNe!!!

imo as a jay-z ex fan turn critic

I think 3.5/5 is damn good off one listen

Name a higher ranked album in 2009??

...or someone else on the horizon going to drop something better before the New Year??

I been listening to albums all year help me out

Y'all expectations might have been to high and now it backfired :dunno:

:smh: i am actually defending the Young Camel:smh:

RESPECT

Rising Star
Platinum Member
"I can tell by how my pager rings if a song is good or not" Jay-Z :hmm:

[FLASH]http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:432845[/FLASH]

oNe!!!

SOUNDS LIKE HE'S BEING OVERLY COCKY TO HIDE THE FACT THAT HE IS PISSED.
IF YOU LEAK YOUR SHIT COOL. :cool:
IF SOMEONE ELSE LEAK YOUR SHIT DON'T SIT THEIR FRONTIN LIKE IT'S ALL GOOD:smh::(:angry:
AINT NO WAY YOU CAN TELL ME THAT'S GOOD BUSINESS. ALREADY HE DONE LOST A FEW CUSTOMERS ON BGOL ALONE. :smh:
LIKE HIS SKILLS AND BUSINESS SENSE, BUT FUCKOUTTA HERE WIT THAT I'M COOL WIT MY SHIT LEAKED SHIT:(

sagelike

Star
Registered

...or someone else on the horizon going to drop something better before the New Year??

Here:
slaughterhouse_rap_group1.png

Coming:
rae-3-08.jpg

kefta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Personally my rating 4 the Mos def - The Ecstatic is 4/5.

mos-def-the-ecstatic.jpg

oNe!!!

YoungEddieOThorp

Rising Star
Registered
Isnt it funny how rap fans react to hip hop tracks without samples. Music can't go backwards only forward folks. The golden era and days and sounds of old are over and Jigga knows it. He made his statement and is cool with it, those that dont follow his evolved sound wont follow. But we will not be going backwards, ONLY FORWARD.

robfmnola

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn Fam...I think the shit is pretty solid. I mean it ain't his best but I can't think of shit out right now that's better. I can't even stand to hear mixtapes anymore. Same ole shit on every mixtape just in different order. Tired of fucking Sirius too. Jay is a welcomed change right now.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Somebody drop a link for that Mos Def album. BP3 is decent. Not a revelating album or nothing. Lyrically he's still on point but production-wise like I said in another thread it's hit or miss and that will kill the staying power of the album. I'll prolly be bored w/ it by the weekend. His flow on Haters is crazy doh ping ping ping :lol: @ Kanye.

kefta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Somebody drop a link for that Mos Def album. BP3 is decent. Not a revelating album or nothing. Lyrically he's still on point but production-wise like I said in another thread it's hit or miss and that will kill the staying power of the album. I'll prolly be bored w/ it by the weekend. His flow on Haters is crazy doh ping ping ping :lol: @ Kanye.

Get it in the "Get the Hiphop "Classics" - Ongoing Thread": http://www.bgol.us/board/showthread.php?t=403956&page=7 oNe!!!

Hellfish

Rising Star
Registered

you might wanna swing over to the Reakwon OB4QL2 thread.

Les W

Star
Registered
Here:
slaughterhouse_rap_group1.png

Coming:
rae-3-08.jpg
mehhh....I can't bump slaughterhouse on a daily basis, and only 1/2 of the population would even consider it so you running an independant Ross Perot - Ralph Nadar race with that one imo
Personally my rating 4 the Mos def - The Ecstatic is 4/5.

mos-def-the-ecstatic.jpg

oNe!!!
I am not a huge mos def fan but I actually bumped the hell outta the two before these this one felt forced - was hoping to be blown away maybe set my expectations too high :dunno:

bout to take another listen then Rae good looks
you might wanna swing over to the Reakwon OB4QL2 thread.

Amma cop :yes:

the only album I can honestly entertain is Maybe Rick Ross (if 2009), his joint was just clean yet raw and grew on me but I didn't think it was all that after the first listen either sooooo :dunno:

gman2k4

Star
Registered
At the end of the day quality music no longer equals a successful album. His fan base will prevail and push the sales up. The radio will play more singles that you hate the first time you hear it, but they gonna play it so much it will grow on you and you will learn to like the song. End of the day for Jay- Z another successful platinum album...it is what it is just my 2 cents

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
At the end of the day quality music no longer equals a successful album. His fan base will prevail and push the sales up. The radio will play more singles that you hate the first time you hear it, but they gonna play it so much it will grow on you and you will learn to like the song. End of the day for Jay- Z another successful platinum album...it is what it is just my 2 cents

Ya man I don't listen to the radio but hearing Run This Town over and over on TV in cars and on this board has made the song "likeable".