BGOL Fam: Jay-Z Talks About The Blueprint 3 Leaks

Rick Ronson

Banned
fuck yall niggas talking about....that shit hot....

maybe we should try harder to like it.:confused:

the shit that kills me is niggas almost want to fight you for not liking that mediocre bullshit.

call you all types of names and shit as if that nigga was martin Luther king or something.

its not garbage but its not as compelling as any other cd he made...2 songs made the playlist.

ill never forget niggas try to sit up here and say erykahs cd was good....no one talked about

that shit after the day it was dropped.....

niggas always try to play you like you beneath or something

kefta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
maybe we should try harder to like it.:confused:

the shit that kills me is niggas almost want to fight you for not liking that mediocre bullshit.

call you all types of names and shit as if that nigga was martin Luther king or something.

its not garbage but its not as compelling as any other cd he made...2 songs made the playlist.

ill never forget niggas try to sit up here and say erykahs cd was good....no one talked about

that shit after the day it was dropped.....

niggas always try to play you like you beneath or something

:lol::lol::lol:

wutdadeal3

Star
Registered
I'm not defending this cat (Jay-Z) because I have my personal pet peeves with him but analyzing the industry, sells, and the generations after that think Soulja Boy and Lil Wayne is the best of all times...Jay did his thing. Real Golden Age Hip Hop is appreciated/supported overseas. Artist make their money over there not here. This goes back to what I've mentioned in another thread...about consumers controlling the industry (they just don't know it). Jay has the money to take risk and try and change the direct of where hip hop is going because it sucks where it's at now. Both Raekwon and Mos Def shit can be hot to def but look at the record sells and purchased downloads. They don't match or compare to that downsouth sound that most are getting tired of or been tired of.

Sample music is a headache because of legal matters and clearances. Consumers don't know what a person has to go through to get that sampled tracked sound out. The golden age hip hop suppose to enhance and evolve not be frozen in time...that's how it dies out quick.

Look at R-Kelly. His music been the shit but because of bad press...there's nothing that man can do to wow people anymore. Then here comes Trey Songz who made himself an R-Kelly part II (meaning his latest album sounds R-Kelly'ed out). Michael Jackson is the man but his "Invinsable" only went 2 maybe 3 times platinum. That album is hot to def but because of bad press...his sells were garbage compare to what he normally does. And we have Ne-Yo...MJ part II (music wise).

What I'm saying is...most of you are ammuned to new or evolved sound. Look at the track record of music...80s music is nothing like 70s music and 70s music is nothing like 60s music, 90s music was nothing like 80s music. Alicia Keys, Jay Z, R-Kelly (note: he revived alot of good music), Eminem, Track Masters, Neptunes, Dre, Timbaland, Ryan Lesley, and many more, all have been giving good music...but everyone's expectations are so high with no support. That's like a girl with high standards with nothing to offer. We as people have to be a little open minded and more realistic than opinionated. Like those girls with high standards need to look at themselves and worth before making an incredible list for mister perfect.

This is just my take on this topic...

Last edited:

HARLEMONYOMIND

Potential Star
Registered
I think Fab has one of the best CD's out this year.

Losos_Way.jpg

I like the album, but I can easily see why others would not. Musically, it's not like anything else Jay has ever done. And I think that's what he was going for with the whole 'blueprint' theme. Like he was leading rap into a new frontier or some shit. However, anytime you move away from the norm, you run the risk of the base completely dismissing it...and that's what some have done.

There are so many quotables on the album, though, that if you truly deleted it (why does anyone delete music anyway? :eek:), you've done yourself a disservice.

FJP

Rising Star
OG Investor
Bottom line this album is sub-par. And not just Jay-Z subpar. There are alot of quotables but then again so do all of Canibus albums. Albums arent about quotables, its the complete combination of all the factors involved. And Jay usually melds them well....On this one I had to grade it in parts.

Lyrics-9...Still witty, still has multiple flows.

Beats....4..He know he dead wrong for some of those, just cause its "different" doesnt make it ill.

Hooks-5....just some hooks were terrible.

rundatrack

Star
Registered
SOUNDS LIKE HE'S BEING OVERLY COCKY TO HIDE THE FACT THAT HE IS PISSED.
IF YOU LEAK YOUR SHIT COOL. :cool:
IF SOMEONE ELSE LEAK YOUR SHIT DON'T SIT THEIR FRONTIN LIKE IT'S ALL GOOD:smh::(:angry:
AINT NO WAY YOU CAN TELL ME THAT'S GOOD BUSINESS. ALREADY HE DONE LOST A FEW CUSTOMERS ON BGOL ALONE. :smh:
LIKE HIS SKILLS AND BUSINESS SENSE, BUT FUCKOUTTA HERE WIT THAT I'M COOL WIT MY SHIT LEAKED SHIT:(

Sounds like you took that small portion of video way too seriously

andusay

Star
Registered
I'm not defending this cat (Jay-Z) because I have my personal pet peeves with him but analyzing the industry, sells, and the generations after that think Soulja Boy and Lil Wayne is the best of all times...Jay did his thing. Real Golden Age Hip Hop is appreciated/supported overseas. Artist make their money over there not here. This goes back to what I've mentioned in another thread...about consumers controlling the industry (they just don't know it). Jay has the money to take risk and try and change the direct of where hip hop is going because it sucks where it's at now. Both Raekwon and Mos Def shit can be hot to def but look at the record sells and purchased downloads. They don't match or compare to that downsouth sound that most are getting tired of or been tired of.

Sample music is a headache because of legal matters and clearances. Consumers don't know what a person has to go through to get that sampled tracked sound out. The golden age hip hop suppose to enhance and evolve not be frozen in time...that's how it dies out quick.

Look at R-Kelly. His music been the shit but because of bad press...there's nothing that man can do to wow people anymore. Then here comes Trey Songz who made himself an R-Kelly part II (meaning his latest album sounds R-Kelly'ed out). Michael Jackson is the man but his "Invinsable" only went 2 maybe 3 times platinum. That album is hot to def but because of bad press...his sells were garbage compare to what he normally does. And we have Ne-Yo...MJ part II (music wise).

What I'm saying is...most of you are ammuned to new or evolved sound. Look at the track record of music...80s music is nothing like 70s music and 70s music is nothing like 60s music, 90s music was nothing like 80s music. Alicia Keys, Jay Z, R-Kelly (note: he revived alot of good music), Eminem, Track Masters, Neptunes, Dre, Timbaland, Ryan Lesley, and many more, all have been giving good music...but everyone's expectations are so high with no support. That's like a girl with high standards with nothing to offer. We as people have to be a little open minded and more realistic than opinionated. Like those girls with high standards need to look at themselves and worth before making an incredible list for mister perfect.

This is just my take on this topic...

I respect your opinion and actually think you're right with a certain demographic of Hip-Hop enthusiasts, but that just wasn't the case with me. I'm always open to new sounds and listen to a vast range of genres. I'm that cat who'll bump Scott Walker's experimental shit, then lead into some John Zorn, follow it with a bit of Gabor Szabo, get into some Gorgol Bordello, switch it up with some Jigga, T.I., Outkast, Mos Def, etc. then go right into some afro-beat Antibalas or Fela of course, Coltrane, Death Cab For Cutie, MGMT, TV On The Radio, then take a dip into some Louis Prima songs, get silly with Squirrel Nut Zippers, rock hard with Led Zep, Sabbath, etc., etc., etc.

I'm always open to new sounds and approaches but I think Jay missed the mark. It's a matter of aesthetics. Not everything is Hip-Hop but everything is Hip-Hop-able! I think if he would've held on to that Hip-Hop filter a little tighter shit would've come off really nasty! He missed the target and I don't think its because people aren't ready for something new, its because he didn't capture the zeitgeist of the current times. All classic albums do that to perfection. Example: NWA busted out around the time Rodney King caught an ultra-magnetic beatdown! They came out before that incident happened, but they captured the feelings, emotions and thoughts of the people at that time pretty well. Same goes for any other classic albums. Hip-Hop will become relevant again when the musicians of the art form realize they need to represent the people and the everyday struggle of modern times. That doesn't mean conscious, on the grind music 24/7, it just means making something people can relate to.

sliccpulla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Losos_Way.jpg

I agree with you on that. But everyone is talking like this album is just trash. Don't get me wrong it ain't his best work, but it's actually a good album. Like someone said earlier, I think a lot of people's expectations were just too high. It's like everyone wants him to make another "Reasonable Doubt" or "Blueprint 1" but it's not happening. He's already been there, done that. That was that time period and this is now. I'm no Jay-Z stan or no shit like that, but just on the real he is one of the few artist who's music actually evolves and changes. Whether it's for the best or not, that's our opinion, but at least it's something different. Every CD he's put out is different from the one before. Now we complain about rappers who do the same shit or constantly rap about the same thang, talkin bout "is that all they can rap about or do." But when a nigga go outside of the norm and try to do something different, it's "he shoulda kept that shit, that shit is garbage, why he do this, why he do that?" Some of you niggas don't know what you want and are going to complain regardless. Just my $0.02! :dunno:

Otis Supreme

Star
BGOL Investor

Losos_Way.jpg

:roflmao: BOY STAHP!

Bottom line this album is sub-par. And not just Jay-Z subpar. There are alot of quotables but then again so do all of Canibus albums. Albums arent about quotables, its the complete combination of all the factors involved. And Jay usually melds them well....On this one I had to grade it in parts.

Lyrics-9...Still witty, still has multiple flows.

Beats....4..He know he dead wrong for some of those, just cause its "different" doesnt make it ill.

Hooks-5....just some hooks were terrible.

this is 1 of the best breakdowns about this album. :yes:

I agree with you on that. But everyone is talking like this album is just trash. Don't get me wrong it ain't his best work, but it's actually a good album. Like someone said earlier, I think a lot of people's expectations were just too high. It's like everyone wants him to make another "Reasonable Doubt" or "Blueprint 1" but it's not happening. He's already been there, done that. That was that time period and this is now. I'm no Jay-Z stan or no shit like that, but just on the real he is one of the few artist who's music actually evolves and changes. Whether it's for the best or not, that's our opinion, but at least it's something different. Every CD he's put out is different from the one before. Now we complain about rappers who do the same shit or constantly rap about the same thang, talkin bout "is that all they can rap about or do." But when a nigga go outside of the norm and try to do something different, it's "he shoulda kept that shit, that shit is garbage, why he do this, why he do that?" Some of you niggas don't know what you want and are going to complain regardless. Just my $0.02! :dunno:

no dis, but bullshit. it aint got nothin 2 do w/evolving, or the time period, none of that. u can evolve and still make good music. hell, thats 1 of the things that makes jay my fav mc; the fact that he grows w/his music. but this is just plain out disappointing.

and look @ his career. none of his best albums came in a row. RD, skip 4 albums, blueprint, skip an album, black album, skip an album, AG. what im sayin is his best work came @ different times. aint like he made all the best ones @ 1st.