BGOL Old Folks- Agree or disagree: The youngest generation is smarter, more sophisticated and more talented

50+ only: The younger generation is smarter & more effective with more tools, technology & talents

• Total voters

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
What about the internet? There's so much more available information.

Generational analysis is fundamentally flawed because it requires overgeneralizations that can be too sweeping. @Bussyvillethug and I are only a year or two apart in age-- I read every day while he is a proud soldier in General Powell's army. Not everyone takes advantage of available resources.

Also access is a big issue. Poor people and those in rural communities don't have the same opportunities to capitalize on the power of the internet.

But it does seem to me that those at the top of the divide have such tremendous advantages over similarly situated people 60 years ago, 40 years ago or even 20 years ago, that they are, by virtue of their circumstances, more knowledgeable and smarter.
Bitch how u older than me and still a lil nigga

Was u born befeaux 1985?

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why did you use Obama's speech when he referenced himself. His words were that of inspiration and he used himself as a reference such. The fist black president of America telling you that you are better than him should blow your fucking mind. Your thread question is shitting on a generation.

Delete this thread.
Thomas Jefferson was the “first black President of the United States.”

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
no I said they are capable of being more productive, progressing more due to certain things that are given to them... It's like giving a kid 100,000 to start a bizz vs a kid that starts off with nothing... Yet the kid with 6 figs isn't guaranteed to start 1 or have a successful 1... Just because opportunities are given doesn't mean someone will take them or utilize them to full extent... That is my case with comparing today's kids... The chances are there more than ever b4 but execution not necessarily on point.. Also if you gave them the same starting point as others would they be as effective... 100,000 should give you a better chance than somebody with nothing but if I took away the 100,000 would you be able to perform as well as the others who had nothing

I would perform better without the money because then when a decision works you get to eat. When it doesn't you either correct your path or starve to death.

When you're sitting on $100,000 there's a tendency to walk around with 10 grand in your pocket feeling like a baller even though it cost you 15 grand to make it.

However, if you can start a successful business from the ground up eventually you will have a chance to get a $100,000 investment. By that point you been in the game long enough that you already know how to make the best use of that money.

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
The younger generation is morally superior. Inarguably less racist, more anti-racist, more racially conscious, more anti-sexism, more conscious and kind across the board.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I wonder if you asked Obama how he would apply his assessment to black people in particular, what he would say.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered