BGOL Throwback: Ya'll remember Highlander? UPDATE: Henry Cavill to star in Highlander reboot!

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I use to watch all that shit when I was a kid. :lol: The movies and the TV Show....and 'till this day, I don't know what the fuck that shit was about. :lol:

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Still one of the dopests movie/TV show soundtracks of all time! :yes: "I am immortal, I have inside of me blood of kings!

:smh::rolleyes: adam lambert trying to hit those high notes whenever he performs with Queen at their reunion concerts

that last HL movie(The Source) was straight garbage.. speaking of the television show i remember when joan jett and dude from Fine Young Cannibals were guest starring as Immortals :lol:

bborn

Rising Star
Registered
peace

Back then, only saw the 1st one.....:lol: @ the inconsistencies and the reaches now in retrospect.
Queen set the tone and mood for that classic.

ElRey/RobRodrigez's channel plays the whole collection from time to time & I never cared nor realized that MarioVanNewJackCop was in it as I couldnt stand anything he did in the 90s including parts of that flick

da_monumental_1

LinuxGawd & BOFH
BGOL Investor
WTF???

It was reported months ago that Ryan Reynolds (‘Green Lantern’, ‘Safe House’) was in talks for the role of Conner MacLeod in the new ‘Highlander’. And after months of negotiations the 35 year old has been officially cast as the lead in the film.

Ryan-Reynolds-ryan-reynolds-683861_800_600-650x487.jpg

“After roughly a month of negotiations, Ryan Reynolds has officially been cast in the lead role for HIGHLANDER. Reynolds will play Conner MacLeod, a Highlander who discovers he is one of a dwindling group of immortals who wander the earth and kill each other in combat for the final “Prize” – immortality.”

ed-nortan-laptop.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
https://www.express.co.uk/entertain...ristopher-Lambert-will-be-back-Chad-Stahelski

Highlander reboot update: Director gives fans best news ever about Connor MacLeod
THE HIGHLANDER reboot is going ahead and director Chad Stahelski has fantastic news for fans about Christopher Lambert's Connor Macleod.
By STEFAN KYRIAZIS
PUBLISHED: 14:48, Fri, Feb 10, 2017 | UPDATED: 15:30, Fri, Feb 10, 2017
fb.png

tw.png

g-plus.png

m.png

sh.png

c.png

Trailer: Highlander 1986 - The immortal Scottish swordsman

Firefly and Serenity sequel: Best news EVER about Joss Whedon show

Stahelski said: "Yes, Connor MacLeod will make a comeback."

Lambert has had mixed fortunes on the big screen, including a poorly received jungle jaunt with Andie MacDowell in 1984's Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes.

He is no longer a major box office draw, but could anyone else play the role?

In an interview with Screenrant, Stahelski revealed that there have already been some conflicting ideas on what to do with the the iconic character.

Andie MacDowell's sexiest pictures
Thu, February 2, 2017
Our pick of the sexiest pictures of American actress and fashion model, Andie MacDowell.
twitter.png

facebook.png

google.png

pinterest.png

He said: "Right now we’re in creative development, which means, when I was brought onboard there was an idea, I brought a different idea, so we’re trying to flesh that out and find the right creative team to put pen to paper and make this come true."

One of the most obvious problems would be Lambert's age. The French actor is now 59, but MacLeod is supposed to be immortal.

Also, there is the sticky issue that Connor Macleod was killed...

Christopher-Lambert-and-Sean-Connery-824122.jpg
FOX

Christopher Lambert and Sean Connery both played Immortals in Highlander
Adrian-Paul-in-the-Highlander-TV-spin-off-824124.jpg
CBS

Adrian Paul in the Highlander TV spin off
There was also another MacLeod, Duncan, played by Adrian Paul in the spin-off TV show and two big screen outings.

Lambert played Connor in three more films, with the second one, The Quickening, receiving particularly terrible reviews. He made his fourth and final appearance in 2000's poorly received Endgame, where he is beheaded by his cousin, Duncan, a fellow Immortal.

Many fans would happily forget the later films and Stahelski has said that will discard some of the unpopular themes like the alien origins of the Immortals.

Bringing back Connor sounds like a great place to start...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Highlander Reboot Script is Finished, 2019 Release Date Likely
highlander-1986-movie.jpg

Recent reports indicate that after ten years of development since acquiring the rights to the Highlander film franchise, Lionsgate Films finally has found a satisfactory script for a reboot film. The script was reportedly written by Colonywriter Ryan Condal and the studio has already planned to start pre-production on the film later this year.

Released in 1986, the original Highlander is widely regarded as a cult classic work of fantasy, which inspired a spin-off television series and several sequels. The film is famous for its unique mythology, built around a group of immortals who can only die by having their heads severed from their body and their eternal battle for "The Prize". The movie is also fondly remembered for its Queen-produced soundtrack and for its unusual casting, which saw French actor Christopher Lambert cast as the titular Highlander Connor MacLeod and Scottish actor Sean Connery cast as his mentor, Ramirez - an Egyptian who pretends to be Spanish!

RELATED: HIGHLANDER DIRECTOR SAYS CONNOR MACLEOD ‘WILL MAKE A COMEBACK’

Deadline broke the story on the completed script. Lionsgate is so pleased with Condal's script that they have fast-tracked it for production. The film is now expected to receive an official 2019 theatrical release date sometime in the near future.

Lionsgate seem to be taking every effort in making sure that the Highlander reboot is a quality product, seeking out A-list creators on every level to work upon it. In addition to Ryan Condal, director Chad Stahelski (best known for his work on the John Wick films) is set to direct. The film is being produced by Neal H. Moritz, who has handled numerous action-based television series and movies, including Preacher, Prison Break and The Fast & The Furious franchise. Despite this attention being paid to the first reboot film, Lionsgate is already making plans for an extended franchise with at least three films.

ADVERTISING
While Lionsgate's enthusiasm and faith in Condal's script is encouraging, it still seems like they may be putting the cart before the horse. Even with an A-list creative team backing the project, there's no guarantee that the reboot film will capture the imagination of modern audiences, either by hooking them with the series' mythology or by luring in nostalgic fans of the original film. After all, when it came to the sequels of the original Highlander, there's a reason why many people quipped "There should be only one!" Still, if there's anyone who can take the base concept and work it into a satisfying three-film story arc, it's arguably Condal and Stahelski.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Man. They doing everything over again. I'm a huge fan of both the movies and television show. Methos(sp) was great in the show playing both sides.

Can't wait to watch the new one.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
John Wick director still wants to reboot Highlander franchise

At the start of 2017, John Wick franchise director Chad Stahelski confirmed to EW that he was planning to reboot the action-fantasy Highlander franchise.

“Right now, I’m very interested in doing the Highlander property,” said the director. “It’s scarily similar to John Wick. There’s a great mythology, it’s got an action-design challenge. What would a guy really be like after 500 years of practicing sword-work? I’m still a stunt guy at heart. You want to reinvent gunfights, how do you do it? You want to reinvent swordfighting, how do you do it? And that’s where we are at now. I love the first Highlander and I think I’m in a pretty good spot. The creative team, the producers and the studio that’s behind it have kind of said, ‘It’s yours to play with.’”

Little has been heard about the project in the time since, and Stahelski himself has been busy directing John Wick: Chapter 3, which opens May 17. But the filmmaker insists that he is still wants to bring a new version of the Highlandersaga to the big screen.

“I still very much want to go in and do Highlander,” says Stahelski.

That project has competition for the director’s attention.

“I’m a huge fan of a property I’m involved in, and working on the script now, called Sandman Slim, which I f—ing really really like,” says Stahelski. “It’s a (fantasy) book series by Richard Kadrey. We’re working on the script right now. So, between those two projects, I feel very fortunate.”

The original Highlander, released in 1986, starred Christopher Lambert as a Scottish warrior who can only be killed by decapitation and Sean Connery as his mentor. Directed by Russell Mulcahy, the film spawned both big-screen sequels and TV shows.

@ansatsusha_gouki
@fonzerrillii

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

'HIGHLANDER' STAR STAN KIRSCH
DEAD AT 51
AFTER SUICIDE
1/14/2020 7:17 AM PT

REMEMBERING STAN KIRSCH
LAUNCH GALLERY
Alamy
Stan Kirsch -- better known as Richie Ryan on the original "Highlander" TV series -- was found dead in his L.A. home.

Law enforcement sources confirm Stan's wife, Kristyn Green, found the actor hanging Saturday afternoon in their bathroom. Paramedics responded, but we're told he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Stan had tons of acting credits, appearing on shows like "JAG," "General Hospital" and "Friends" ... in addition to his 6 seasons on "Highlander" in the mid-90s. However, he was also a renowned acting coach in Los Angeles.

A tribute to Stan on the show's official Facebook page said, "Without Stan Kirsch, Highlander: The Series would have been far less. He brought a sense of humor, kindness and youthful enthusiasm to the character of Richie Ryan for six seasons."

Stan's episode on "Friends" was a memorable cameo as a guy dating Monica ... with a twist that probably wouldn't play as well, or as funny, these days.

Stan later found success as Lieutenant Ferrari on "JAG" ... appearing for 5 seasons.

He attended Duke University as a political science major but he had already dipped his toe in the acting world by then. He was 4 years old when he landed his first gig ... in a Campbell's Soup commercial.

Stan's wife posted about his death, saying ... "I want to thank everyone for the outpouring of love and support. I haven't been able to respond to all the texts, calls, emails -- but have read or listened to every single one of them. I feel surrounded by love and am forever grateful to each and every one of you."

Stan was 51.

RIP

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Superman in a kilt? Henry Cavill to star in Highlander reboot

The Man of Steel and The Witcher actor says he's been getting in touch with his Scottish heritage lately.
By Lauren Huff
May 21, 2021 at 05:03 PM EDT
\

Henry Cavill is going from capes to kilts.

The Man of Steel and Justice League actor is set to star in Lionsgate's reboot of the 1986 fantasy epic Highlander, which featured Christopher Lambert, Sean Connery and Clancy Brown in a tale of immortal warriors fighting each other to the death so that one can claim the ultimate prize.

Cavill himself shared the "very exciting" news Friday on Instagram. "I've been a fan of Highlander since I was lad," he wrote. "From the movies in all of their 80s, Queen slathered glory to the TV show with an actor who looked remarkably like one of my brothers." (Queen famously contributed several songs to the Highlander soundtrack, and the film spawned two direct sequels and a TV show.)

Cavill added that he's been "dipping into some of my Scottish heritage" lately and inadvertently doing research for the film. To illustrate, he posted a photo of the books Those Bloody Kilts and So You're Going to Wear the Kilt, a dagger, and a bottle of what appears to be Scotch "straight from cask."
It's not yet known what character Cavill will be playing, and details about the plot of the new film are scarce.

John Wick filmmaker Chad Stahelski is directing the Highlander reboot, and told EW in 2019, "We're trying to really lay out this universe and not f--- it up to the point where you cannot continue this story. We love it so much, we're trying to treat it with a lot of care."