BIDEN Backstabbed by his own party?

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looks like his own bredren bout to sink his domestic agenda.

Manchin is enjoying his day in the sun. Got the President coming to him hat in hand begging for his vote.

This paltry bill they gonna try to present as a win, again giving Americans table scraps while Wall Street feasts, isn't gonna do them any favors come election time.

This is why people abandon hope and don't vote or join the other side.

Pathetic Democrats only get votes by default rather than because they can deliver on promises.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor

Manchin is enjoying his day in the sun. Got the President coming to him hat in hand begging for his vote.

This paltry bill they gonna try to present as a win, again giving Americans table scraps while Wall Street feasts, isn't gonna do them any favors come election time.

Pathetic Democrats only get votes by default rather than because they can deliver on promises.
Hold up correctly or title the Democrats are not standing in the way its Joe Manchin And that knucklehead in Arizona that Is doing this the other Democrats are 100% on board.

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
there_you_have_it.jpg

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The paid leave plan’s survival had been in question for several days due to objections from Sen. Joe Manchin, key moderate Democrat from West Virginia. Biden's initial 12-week proposal was scaled back to four weeks in an effort to secure Manchin's support, but it was left completely out of a new framework announced by Biden Thursday.

More background: The United States currently has no federal paid family or sick leave benefit, making it an outlier among developed countries. It is the only nation that does not offer some paid leave to new mothers among the 38 members of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor

So what or whom do you think is stopping Biden from getting his agenda done?

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
The paid leave plan’s survival had been in question for several days due to objections from Sen. Joe Manchin, key moderate Democrat from West Virginia. Biden's initial 12-week proposal was scaled back to four weeks in an effort to secure Manchin's support, but it was left completely out of a new framework announced by Biden Thursday.

More background: The United States currently has no federal paid family or sick leave benefit, making it an outlier among developed countries. It is the only nation that does not offer some paid leave to new mothers among the 38 members of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.

If we don't vote do you think Republicans would ever propose such a plan?

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Hold up correctly or title the Democrats are not standing in the way its Joe Manchin And that knucklehead in Arizona that Is doing this the other Democrats are 100% on board.
That somehow equals the whole party.:hithead:
Yep that’s why I had to correct him. Republicans and billionaires are paying off those two knuckleheads everybody and they mama can see that shit.
I think it is quite hypocritical to separate democrats based upon actions of individuals but paint all Republicans and others as all the same.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
I think it is quite hypocritical to separate democrats based upon actions of individuals but paint all Republicans and others as all the same.
That's makes nonsense. Republicans move as one.
You have two people out of hundreds in the dem party not moving the same way.
So how does 2 people equal the dem party? Nothing hypothetical at all. It's just a fact.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

Just curious. What in Biden's many decades in politics makes you think he really wants to help people? He fought so bankruptcy couldn't help student loans. In the 80s, was big on helping move the prison industrial complex forward and continues in the 90s with the crime bill. Al the bullshit wars. This year, told people to take any fucking job during the plague.

Bitch been playing Manchin for years. Biden don't give a fuck about any of this shit and it shows.

What surprises me is that they are supposedly grooming Kamala and she can't even be bothered to put up a fight for anything. At least pretend fight and then blame Manchin. :smh:

I guess they banking on the default scenario as you said. The fear-mongering boogeyman shit CNN is already promoting.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just curious. What in Biden's many decades in politics makes you think he really wants to help people? He fought so bankruptcy couldn't help student loans. In the 80s, was big on helping move the prison industrial complex forward and continues in the 90s with the crime bill. Al the bullshit wars. This year, told people to take any fucking job during the plague.

Bitch been playing Manchin for years. Biden don't give a fuck about any of this shit and it shows.

What surprises me is that they are supposedly grooming Kamala and she can't even be bothered to put up a fight for anything. At least pretend fight and then blame Manchin. :smh:

I guess they banking on the default scenario as you said. The fear-mongering boogeyman shit CNN is already promoting.

I'm not as concerned about his motives as I am in his actions. He can do it for his legacy like Trump for all I care, just implement the changes we want and deserve.

Oh I was getting to Kamala. She played Black women like a fiddle. Got in there and acting like Imelda Marcos. Who cares what shoes she's wearing, what has she done?

Diddy or Cube should have capitalized on their efforts and made a 3rd party.

Diddy's Vote or Die and Cube's Contract with Black America are good starts to what we need.

If Dems won't deliver on our votes let's mobilize and get a candidate that has the ear of 18-45 year old minorities...cause they are the trendsetters that can win over whites of the same age range. Pit older establishment whites against young progressives. Let's see what happens.

Will Smith for President

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The thing is, I can already see this L coming.

Because in another year or so, the narrative will shift from "grooming Kamala" to "we can't afford to change leaders now, with Trump (or whoever the main GOP threat is by then) looming. So there will be a push to have Biden run for re-election.

Then Biden will "grudgingly" accept, and they'll all be weirdly confused by the fact that his voter support has dropped off, in spite of the fact that Biden and co. have failed to push for any progressive legislation that actually matters.

My progressive friends on social media have been hammering Biden's ineffectiveness for months now, and I can't say shot about it, because he has failed to deliver on a lot of promises. And yeah, it's only been 10 months, but the groundwork for making that happen hasn't been laid down, either. And it doesn't even look like it's on the agenda.

I'm not saying definitively that the GOP will regain control, because maybe enough people will remain savvy to keep that from happening. But in the cycle of failure that is our political system, we're due for the majority to forget that Republicans are self-serving, bank-robbing shitbags, and vote for them to "save the country", which apparently translates to "make white folks feel better about their hatred".

If they aren't even willing to force through a bill that is largely viewed as positive, how will they get anything else done? If they cared, they'd drag Manchin to the woodshed instead of kneeling down (obligatory "pause", but I said what I said). Shit's frustrating.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
That's makes nonsense. Republicans move as one.
You have two people out of hundreds in the dem party not moving the same way.
So how does 2 people equal the dem party? Nothing hypothetical at all. It's just a fact.

Republicans used to move as one, but Trump divided the party. That's why you have the Lincoln project and the newly minted term RINO

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Afghan refugees

Haiti refugees

Allocation of resources is what we are fighting for. There's enough to go around. Doesn't even have to be EVENLY distributed just more fairly.

The KINGFISH was right which is why he was killed before he could run for President

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Republicans used to move as one, but Trump divided the party. That's why you have the Lincoln project and the newly minted term RINO
I'm speaking of the voting members and not the party as a whole. Even before Trump the totality of the republican party didn't move as one but the voting members continue to move in the same direction. Even the "maverick" moved with the party for the most part.

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
It does not equal the whole party. Manchin has gone so far as to threaten
the party with going to the Republicans. He is up for Reelection next year
and if he sinks Biden's agenda, I hope that the Democrats primary him or
simply do not vote for his ass.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Off camera, Manchin would not say if he would put out a public statement of support for the bill as liberals want him to do before voting for the infrastructure plan.

"I have said all I'm going to say. We're working in good faith," he said.

When he was told that liberals want him to publicly support the bill, Manchin said: "If they can't take the word of the president of the United States, and the speaker, we are in trouble...We are going to work in good faith and we have been working in good faith."

Pimpslap Slim

The Villain
BGOL Investor
We gave them both houses and the presidency and they still can't get shit done
Pretty much gonna always be problems with the progressive and moderate factions and nothin of substance will get done especially for black people.
Haven't seen anything for us on the agenda yet.
They gave afgans a ride here and wont deport messicans but kicked hatians out wit the quickness.
Both parties iz garbage at this point.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor

What about trump tho