Bloomberg: Nintendo's new game console will launch this year

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah I get that, so you prob should just wait until the ultimate/game if the year editions drop lol

I've never been into battling, Im big on breeding for shinies with perfect IVs and shiny hunting, trying to complete a living shiny dex.

This last game is the first time I've actually paid any attention to battling at all but still don't do any of it(feels like dog fighting to me lol) I've just been learning strategies and things of that nature but still don't care about it. that's what I love about pokemon, It's just like the anime you got different people concentrating on different aspects of Pokemon training and what that means.

You don't be hacking and gennin' shit do you?

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Probably The Last Time I Fucked With Nintendo Was.....

2250x1266_Switch_News_NSO_007_v3

Before there was Multiplayer Halo and Call of Duty, this game set the bar

THREAD_CRITIC

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm a real hardcore console gamer since childhood, I fuck with Nintendo so do several other hardcore gamers in my circle. there's entire forums dedicated to Nintendo where adult gamers talk Nintendo, entire YouTube channels aimed at adults dedicated to Nintendo, several sub reddits with giant sub counts ECT, None of that is for little kids lol you're not into Nintendo and like I mentioned before, that's okay. But that doesn't make your opinions fact. Nintendo has a huge adult fanbase, games like animal crossing primarily have an adult fanbase believe it or not, Metroid dread, donkey Kong tropic freeze and other hard platformers aren't exactly aimed at kids with the high difficulty levels.

Nintendo has 3 top 20 selling games in the last year of it's life while everyone has been talking about and waiting for the next switch and while competing against next Gen consoles is impressive, not to mention that Nintendo doesn't share digital sales numbers.(I'm fully digital and know quite a people who are as well, the numbers are only going up for digital only gamers) Not only that but most of the top ten are multi platform games except for spiderman and tears of the kingdom.

Meh my heart ain’t in it enough to get into a real debate, you’re entitled to your opinion. I have a pretty large circle I couldn’t tell you one adult who plays Nintendo I have teens I know for a fact my kids and their friends don’t fuck with Nintendo. My neighbors kid is 6 he has a Switch :dunno:

Nintendo is elementary

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
You don't be hacking and gennin' shit do you?
Nah, I've tried keeping my living dex legit, I do have a couple genned but legal mons from events that aren't available or ones you had to go to Japan for lol but I tend to keep them in games and not at home out of fear of getting banned(even though they're technically legit)

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The 10 Best-Selling Video Games of All Time

• 1. Tetris – 520 million ...
  • 2. Minecraft – 300 million+ ...
  • 3. Grand Theft Auto V – 185 million+ ...
  • 4. Wii Sports – 82.9 million ...
  • 5. PUBG – 75 million ...
  • 6. Mario Kart 8 + Deluxe – 63.92 million ...
  • 7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – 60 million+ ...
  • 8. Red Dead Redemption 2 – 55 million+ ...
  • 9. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – 50 million+
  • 10. Overwatch – 50 million

Pokémon is the highest selling franchise of all time

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Meh my heart ain’t in it enough to get into a real debate, you’re entitled to your opinion. I have a pretty large circle I couldn’t tell you one adult who plays Nintendo I have teens I know for a fact my kids and their friends don’t fuck with Nintendo. My neighbors kid is 6 he has a Switch :dunno:

Nintendo is elementary

Please don't be the there's a such thing as adult toys person

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah I get that, so you prob should just wait until the ultimate/game if the year editions drop lol

I've never been into battling, Im big on breeding for shinies with perfect IVs and shiny hunting, trying to complete a living shiny dex.

This last game is the first time I've actually paid any attention to battling at all but still don't do any of it(feels like dog fighting to me lol) I've just been learning strategies and things of that nature but still don't care about it. that's what I love about pokemon, It's just like the anime you got different people concentrating on different aspects of Pokemon training and what that means.

Would you happen to have a shiny Tentacruel with clear body??? And Possibly a shiny Ludicolo with swift swim?

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor
Damn didn't know Sony's PSP was so successful, wonder why they didn't make a true successor? Never been a Nintendo fan but they caught my attention with Donkey Kong Country and StarFox on the SNES.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I've never bothered using the switch on the dock, especially with the OLED screen being so nice. Hell I don't even have the dock plugged in, I just use the charging cord lol

I do the same thing....lol

As a parent trust this will be a mandatory purchase

Especially if like usual the Nintendo price is "fair" and the games are the usual family friendly adventure etc.

I just realized something... @EPDC

I'm not a gamer anymore since like PS2.

But I have OWNED or PURCHASED every single version of a Nintendo game console. Every one.

I still have my OG game boy

I cannot say that for anything else.

And I can speak for my parents on a budget I kinda trust Nintendo more in the sense of an "automatic" purchase for the kids.

Great Grandparents know Nintendo.

Nintendo would be dumb as f**k to lose that type of generational brand loyalty

@God-Of-War-420 >>>>>

I don't understand,why Nintendo get so much shit from the gaming community for being family friendly. That's been Nintendo's niche since Nintendo entered the video game market in the early 80s.

I remember,during the late 90s a video game magazine criticized Nintendo for not having any mature games and said the company will be like Sega by the early 2000s. Fast forward,a few years that magazine no longer exists while Nintendo is still around producing quality games.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
As a parent trust this will be a mandatory purchase

Especially if like usual the Nintendo price is "fair" and the games are the usual family friendly adventure etc.

I just realized something... @EPDC

I'm not a gamer anymore since like PS2.

But I have OWNED or PURCHASED every single version of a Nintendo game console. Every one.

I still have my OG game boy

I cannot say that for anything else.

And I can speak for my parents on a budget I kinda trust Nintendo more in the sense of an "automatic" purchase for the kids.

Great Grandparents know Nintendo.

Nintendo would be dumb as f**k to lose that type of generational brand loyalty

@God-Of-War-420 >>>>>
i think u mean like Atari

keone

International Member

I don't understand,why Nintendo get so much shit from the gaming community for being family friendly. That's been Nintendo's niche since Nintendo entered the video game market in the early 80s.

I remember,during the late 90s a video game magazine criticized Nintendo for not having any mature games and said the company will be like Sega by the early 2000s. Fast forward,a few years that magazine no longer exists while Nintendo is still around producing quality games.
fk nintendo still waiting on new sega

MK one of my favorite games tho lol
also nintendo will always follow Japan

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

^^^^

Yup

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

The funny thing is that’s the reason why mad of my people became team genesis and not Super Nintendo cause we were hitting our teenage yrs and sports games was the must have and Sega sports hands down had the best sports games. We didn’t like all that kiddie shit super Nintendo was pushing out. Only a few people had Super Nintendo and it was rarely ever played when we got together for vidgame battles. But Nintendo stuck to their guns and decades later held a cult following and found a new fanbase specifically targeting a specific audience. Give them props for looking at the long game. But it’s still team genesis over Super Nintendo over here lmaoooo.. it’s bad that Sega didn’t get to capitalize longer especially with the sports genre it was over after Dreamcast

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The funny thing is that’s the reason why mad of my people became team genesis and not Super Nintendo cause we were hitting our teenage yrs and sports games was the must have and Sega sports hands down had the best sports games. We didn’t like all that kiddie shit super Nintendo was pushing out. Only a few people had Super Nintendo and it was rarely ever played when we got together for vidgame battles. But Nintendo stuck to their guns and decades later held a cult following and found a new fanbase specifically targeting a specific audience. Give them props for looking at the long game. But it’s still team genesis over Super Nintendo over here lmaoooo.. it’s bad that Sega didn’t get to capitalize longer especially with the sports genre it was over after Dreamcast

Genesis>>>>

First system I bought with my own bread.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Doom and doom eternal, red dead redemption, borderlands, Bayonetta 3, mortal Kombat, my friend Pedro, devil may cry, resident evil to name a few. All Nintendo needs is a new system with more power and Sony and Xbox will be eating their dist for another generation. The next Mario cart will outsell both consoles biggest exclusives combined.
Nope. Nintendo is comfortable where they are. They have a lane and know how to successfully feed those that want what they sell. I respect that business formula. They aren't trying to compete sales wise with Xbox or Sony.

0IU9Qh.jpg

keone

International Member
agree but dont forget nintendo was big in Asia and Europe
so they knew what they were doing

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That’s the 10 year olds market. No real console gamer is Fucking with Nintendo and Definitely not PC gamers show the sales of non kiddie games vs Xbox and PS

Top 20 selling games of 2023 there’s only 3 switch games

This is crazy. There was a time, no real console gamer could even claim to be a "real console gamer" unless they were fucking with Nintendo.

I fucks with every console, because I'm about games, not the boxes they run on. Nintendo's first party games are family friendly (and generally, their third party games can be just as brutal as any other console) - but those first party games are still some of the best playing, most fun to play, best conceived games created. :dunno:
Microsoft and Sony have absolutely earned their place in gaming history, and I'd be hard pressed to choose one console if I HAD to. Fortunately, I don't have to choose, and can enjoy them all. And I do.

these companies got us messed up, quoting sales figures, quarterly earnings and balance sheets to each other like we are getting dividend checks.
I'm just in it for the games, and whether they are fun or not and imo, that's all that should matter. I get that "fun" means different things to different people, but I can't imagine a gaming life where nintendo games weren't part of it.

Old man gonna bow out of the conversation while ya'll making fiscal reports to each other.
Maybe when some of ya'lls hand-eye drops off from age and your K/D dips below 1, you'll respect game design again and take another look at some of those games that seem like kiddy shit right now, lol.
(all love- anyone playing any games is cool with me)

keone said:
i think u mean Magnavox Odyssey that u bought with ur own bread

Fam, I'ma need you to put some respek on K.C Munchkin's name, mayne. :lol:

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
SEGA Master System was dope. I still have the Version 2 of it at my mother's home with Alex Kidd built in. Only game cart I have for the SEGA Master System is Rambo.

Don't let me win a billion dollars.

I'd tell wifey you can have IT ALL

BUT?

Please just let my buy all the junk I couldn't keep as a kid

Promise to sell it and donate all to a children's hospital

But I need my Sega back my vectrex my Gameboy color black and the all metal volton, my duck hunt light gun too.

Ok power glove.

Coleco vision

Neo geo

Then I'm good.

Pa rapper the rapper ok I'm done

Cube and Echo the dolphin

Ok now I'm done

Gi Joe serpentor with the flying throne

Now I'm done

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Don't let me win a billion dollars.

I'd tell wifey you can have IT ALL

BUT?

Please just let my buy all the junk I couldn't keep as a kid

Promise to sell it and donate all to a children's hospital

But I need my Sega back my vectrex my Gameboy color black and the all metal volton, my duck hunt light gun too.

Ok power glove.

Coleco vision

Neo geo

Then I'm good.

Pa rapper the rapper ok I'm done

Cube and Echo the dolphin

Ok now I'm done

Gi Joe serpentor with the flying throne

Now I'm done
Man I feel you completely... Especially on the toy front I'd buy all those joints. Never had the USS Flag. That would be dope.

Mattel over the last few years started releasing He-Man figures (updated without the rubber band leg joints) with better articulation. I actually started collecting a few til I found myself spending too much time and money on them. Lolz I have He-Man, Skeletor, Battle Cat, Panthor, Jitsu, and a few others in addition to some of the vehicles....smh if I had a billion dollars!

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
Genesis had their own sports games. But super Nintendo still had Madden and NBA live. The official sports games. Those Sega sports games were just the new shiny toy folks wanted to try

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Genesis had their own sports games. But super Nintendo still had Madden and NBA live. The official sports games. Those Sega sports games were just the new shiny toy folks wanted to try
Joe Montana was better than madden by a long mile and in reality set the tone for what madden eventually became.. sports talk, diff angles, speed burst, spin moves, close up, stats, bigger play book, etc,, also World Series baseball set the tone for how modern baseball games look. Can’t forget greatest heavy weights being one of the best boxing games and setting the tone for future boxing games. Genesis also had ea sports games.. Montana >>>> madden

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Joe Montana was better than madden by a long mile and in reality set the tone for what madden eventually became.. sports talk, diff angles, speed burst, spin moves, close up, stats, bigger play book, etc,, also World Series baseball set the tone for how modern baseball games look. Can’t forget greatest heavy weights being one of the best boxing games and setting the tone for future boxing games. Genesis also had ea sports games.. Montana >>>> madden
I loved the way how in the early Joe Montana football would zoom in on passing plays. I agree, the graphics and gameplay was better than Madden the first few years.