Brett Favre was allegedly paid $1.1 million in Mississippi welfare money for appearances he didn’t make: audit

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mississippi Supreme Court rejects Brett Favre’s bid to exit welfare fraud case

Favre is accused of being part of a scheme to redirect millions in state welfare funds toward projects backed by the powerful and politically connected. He asked to be removed from the suit earlier this year and appealed a lower court’s denial of that motion.

BY NICK ROBERTSON
08/11/23

Brett-Favre-MGN.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fuck this CAC. First you try to get over on the welfare system and then you tried to sue my nigga Pat McAfee...Fuck you BITCH!

55th View

Rising Star
Registered

This is a footnote at best. What's important here is that several former (and black) NFL and NBA players have gotten punished severely for much less (Clinton Portis, Terrrence Williams, Steve Francis, Cutino Mobley, etc.). I could care less about his suing media personalities. I'm much more interested in how this unbalanced application of the law will play out.

What Favre did is worse...MUCH worse (stealing funds from the poorest state in the nation)!

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is a footnote at best. What's important here is that several former (and black) NFL and NBA players have gotten punished severely for much less (Clinton Portis, Terrrence Williams, Steve Francis, Cutino Mobley, etc.). I could care less about his suing media personalities. I'm much more interested in how this unbalanced application of the law will play out.

What Favre did is worse...MUCH worse (stealing funds from the poorest state in the nation)!

Bro - I know how poor MS is. My wife is from there and I had a homeboy working in Jackson for the past 16 years working for a non profit that did work in the entire state... The Pat McAfee part was a JOKE only because I fucks with him.

And the main reason why he was suing Pat was because Pat called him out on his BS..

Favre sued McAfee in February over comments he made about Favre's involvement in a sprawling welfare case in Mississippi over millions of dollars in government money that were diverted to the rich and powerful. According to the suit, McAfee called Favre a "thief" who was "stealing from poor people in Mississippi" on "The Pat McAfee Show." The suit also accused McAfee of making similar remarks on Twitter. (McAfee also works for ESPN.)

55th View

Rising Star
Registered
Bro - I know how poor MS is. My wife is from there and I had a homeboy working in Jackson for the past 16 years working for a non profit that did work in the entire state... The Pat McAfee part was a JOKE only because I fucks with him.

And the main reason why he was suing Pat was because Pat called him out on his BS..

Favre sued McAfee in February over comments he made about Favre's involvement in a sprawling welfare case in Mississippi over millions of dollars in government money that were diverted to the rich and powerful. According to the suit, McAfee called Favre a "thief" who was "stealing from poor people in Mississippi" on "The Pat McAfee Show." The suit also accused McAfee of making similar remarks on Twitter. (McAfee also works for ESPN.)

Not knocking you, bro. I appreciate the post. Was simply stating that there is a much larger issue at play here. Certainly didn't intend to minimize your contribution to this thread.

:cheers:

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

The worse part about that dummy suing before his criminal case is resolved is the fact that doing so opens him up to discovery since he's filed suit and therefore may have to turn over information/potential evidence to the defendants in the civil cases which could potentially be used in his criminal case.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Brett Favre Not Allowed to Discuss Welfare Case in Weekly Blaze Appearances

”Favre will be a featured guest on upcoming episodes of Jason Whitlock’s Fearless on The Blaze.”

By Jordan Bondurant
August 28, 2023

czM6Ly91bnJlZWxtZWRpYS9wcm9kL2JsYXpldHYvcG9zdGVycy8yNmZiZGRkMS05MjhlLTRlYjgtYmY1MC01MjAyNDg3ZDk3NmE

The perfect physical manifestation of obstipation

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
Brett Favre Not Allowed to Discuss Welfare Case in Weekly Blaze Appearances

”Favre will be a featured guest on upcoming episodes of Jason Whitlock’s Fearless on The Blaze.”

By Jordan Bondurant
August 28, 2023

czM6Ly91bnJlZWxtZWRpYS9wcm9kL2JsYXpldHYvcG9zdGVycy8yNmZiZGRkMS05MjhlLTRlYjgtYmY1MC01MjAyNDg3ZDk3NmE
Yall catch this?

Favre will be a featured guest on upcoming episodes of Jason Whitlock’s Fearless on The Blaze. He will also be joined by another Hall of Famer in Warren Sapp.

FUCK him AND Sapp

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

Longtime Packers star Brett Favre made roughly $142 million throughout his 20-year NFL career.

Now, he could spend the rest of his post-professional life behind bars over his alleged involvement in a $77 million welfare scandal in Mississippi.

The Hall of Fame quarterback is in hot water for his ties to the misappropriation of roughly $77 million in Mississippi state funds. The welfare scandal is being described as Mississippi's largest-ever public corruption case.

Favre, along with 47 other defendants, are accused of stealing millions of dollars intended to aid Mississippi's lower class.

The funds that were illegally obtained in this case were intended to help the poorest among us. The funds were instead taken by a group of influential people for their own benefit, and the scheme is massive. It ends today,” said State Auditor Shad White.
Between 2017 and 2019, the Phil Bryant-appointed former Mississippi Department of Human Services Director John Davis and Mississippi Community Education Center nonprofit operator Nancy New directed millions in Temporary Assistance For Needy Families funds to Favre, a pharmaceutical business he was heavily invested in called Prevacus and a volleyball stadium he wanted built at the University of Southern Mississippi.

The governor at the time, Republican Phil Bryant, texted in 2019 with Favre, who wanted to build an indoor practice facility at USM. Bryant told him federal money for children and low-income adults is "tightly controlled" and "improper use could result in violation of Federal Law."

During their text conversation, Favre noted his desire to use Bryant's political sway to acquire more funding for a facility at his alma mater.

I need your influence somehow to get donations and or sponsorships," Favre texted Bryant. "Obviously Southern has no money so I'm hustling to get it raised."

These texts were later made public and filed in court in 2022, further ensnaring the 11-time Pro Bowl quarterback in a legal bind.

Despite texts proving that Favre knew the funds stemmed from the Mississippi State Department of Human Services, he has repeatedly denied knowing that the money he received was welfare money.

I have been unjustly smeared in the media,” Favre said in a statement to Fox News Digital. “I have done nothing wrong, and it is past time to set the record straight.”

No one ever told me, and I did not know that funds designated for welfare recipients were going to the University or me,” Favre said. “I tried to help my alma mater USM, a public Mississippi state university, raise funds for a wellness center. My goal was and always will be to improve the athletic facilities at my university.”

The state has filed a civil lawsuit against Favre and others to recover more than $20 million in misspent welfare money intended to help needy people in one of the country's poorest states.

Though Favre has yet to be charged with a criminal offense, he is not completely out of the woods yet. Should the investigation conclude that Favre knowingly stole state funds, the Hall of Fame quarterback could serve a lengthy stint behind bars.
4049418284716324[/MEDIA]

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Longtime Packers star Brett Favre made roughly $142 million throughout his 20-year NFL career.

Now, he could spend the rest of his post-professional life behind bars over his alleged involvement in a $77 million welfare scandal in Mississippi.

The Hall of Fame quarterback is in hot water for his ties to the misappropriation of roughly $77 million in Mississippi state funds. The welfare scandal is being described as Mississippi's largest-ever public corruption case.

Favre, along with 47 other defendants, are accused of stealing millions of dollars intended to aid Mississippi's lower class.

The funds that were illegally obtained in this case were intended to help the poorest among us. The funds were instead taken by a group of influential people for their own benefit, and the scheme is massive. It ends today,” said State Auditor Shad White.
Between 2017 and 2019, the Phil Bryant-appointed former Mississippi Department of Human Services Director John Davis and Mississippi Community Education Center nonprofit operator Nancy New directed millions in Temporary Assistance For Needy Families funds to Favre, a pharmaceutical business he was heavily invested in called Prevacus and a volleyball stadium he wanted built at the University of Southern Mississippi.

The governor at the time, Republican Phil Bryant, texted in 2019 with Favre, who wanted to build an indoor practice facility at USM. Bryant told him federal money for children and low-income adults is "tightly controlled" and "improper use could result in violation of Federal Law."

During their text conversation, Favre noted his desire to use Bryant's political sway to acquire more funding for a facility at his alma mater.

I need your influence somehow to get donations and or sponsorships," Favre texted Bryant. "Obviously Southern has no money so I'm hustling to get it raised."

These texts were later made public and filed in court in 2022, further ensnaring the 11-time Pro Bowl quarterback in a legal bind.

Despite texts proving that Favre knew the funds stemmed from the Mississippi State Department of Human Services, he has repeatedly denied knowing that the money he received was welfare money.

I have been unjustly smeared in the media,” Favre said in a statement to Fox News Digital. “I have done nothing wrong, and it is past time to set the record straight.”

No one ever told me, and I did not know that funds designated for welfare recipients were going to the University or me,” Favre said. “I tried to help my alma mater USM, a public Mississippi state university, raise funds for a wellness center. My goal was and always will be to improve the athletic facilities at my university.”

The state has filed a civil lawsuit against Favre and others to recover more than $20 million in misspent welfare money intended to help needy people in one of the country's poorest states.

Though Favre has yet to be charged with a criminal offense, he is not completely out of the woods yet. Should the investigation conclude that Favre knowingly stole state funds, the Hall of Fame quarterback could serve a lengthy stint behind bars.
4049418284716324[/MEDIA]

I would like to see it happen

But I'm highly doubtful

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He paid back the original amount, this is a lawsuit over the interest. Still a piece of crap tho.

The state AG is suing the state Auditor to NOT collect the repayment of the interest on money Bret Favre was not supposed to get?!

Since when does the state AG act as a private citizen's personal attorney?!

This is wild!!

It's not like Bret is destitute, the mfkr has the $$

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
FBI Raids Prosecutor Who Led Mississippi Welfare Case That Ensnared Favre

Jody Owens, the lead prosecutor in the Mississippi’s welfare scandal, had his office and nearby business searched. Details on what led to the search warrants to be executed remain under seal.

BY A.J. PEREZ
MAY 22, 2024

Jody-Owens_Downtown-Cigar-Company_cred-Shaunicy-Muhammad-1024x682.jpg

The FBI raided the office and business of Hinds County District Attorney Jody Owens in Jackson, Miss., on the morning of Wednesday, May 22, 2024.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Jody Owens, the lead prosecutor in the Mississippi’s welfare scandal, had his office and nearby business searched. Details on what led to the search warrants to be executed remain under seal.

BY A.J. PEREZ
MAY 22, 2024

The FBI raided the office and business of Hinds County District Attorney Jody Owens in Jackson, Miss., on the morning of Wednesday, May 22, 2024.

:popcorn:

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

BY A.J. PEREZ
MAY 22, 2024

I'll be pissed if Favre slides because of this.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The FBI recently raided the Hinds County DA's office, business. They also visited City Hall

After the FBI raided both the business and the office of Hinds County District Attorney Jody Owens last week, reports surfaced the feds also paid a visit to Jackson's City Hall.

Charlie Drape
Mississippi Clarion Ledger
May 28, 2024

72589003007-nh-49013-copy-10.jpg