Business: Retailers jacked up prices and squeezed consumers. They might have just blinked & start lowering prices

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Americans are the whiniest bitches. I saw a story on Starbucks prices and felt zero empathy for those dumbasses. It’s $7 coffee. That’s your fault. Stop going. I don’t care if McDonalds combos meals are $20, I don’t go. I pull right into the store and get fruit or a protein bar. Stop buying the shit. Don’t patronize the establishment. People are dumb.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I swear these companies are coluding to maximize profits. Inflation should not be an issue if there is true open markets. Outside of natural disasters prices should always be low.
Wait until you realize Israel and the former administration colluded in October 7th. And wait until you see the current administration organized it.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Americans are the whiniest bitches. I saw a story on Starbucks prices and felt zero empathy for those dumbasses. It’s $7 coffee. That’s your fault. Stop going. I don’t care if McDonalds combos meals are $20, I don’t go. I pull right into the store and get fruit or a protein bar. Stop buying the shit. Don’t patronize the establishment. People are dumb.
True. We should stop using electricity, gas, living in houses and apartments, eating food, etc also since it’s been proven those companies have also been colluding and jacking prices up. Oh wait…. It’s not just the retail market it’s every fucking thing that’s been jacked up over bs

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Yep, what they realizing now is people don’t caught up to their plan especially middle-class people. McDonald’s was a prime example of that….. McDonald’s is a place you go to where you don’t have no money in your pocket shame of the reason their price is so high. I could add a few more dollars to a McDonald’s meal and eat at Longhorn steakhouse

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Just buy and prepare food at home much cheaper
Agreed!
My cousin complaining about how many restaurants prices are high and I said bruh.. some stuff and or places supposed to go up..I mean damn a gyros meal was 5$ and some change in 92' and its 2024 and it 15$ not bad to me being that they still giving out the same size meal.. I ok with that.. but me I have been cooking at home more taking my lunch to work..more often than I used to..no complaints here!

ArsenalCannon357

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Agreed!
My cousin complaining about how many restaurants prices are high and I said bruh.. some stuff and or places supposed to go up..I mean damn a gyros meal was 5$ and some change in 92' and its 2024 and it 15$ not bad to me being that they still giving out the same size meal.. I ok with that.. but me I have been cooking at home more taking my lunch to work..more often than I used to..no complaints here!
I cook for the week on Sunday's and if....that's a HUGE IF I just go to a Japanese Steakhouse because it's better bang for the buck over that FF crap. But I eat at home 90% of the time.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
True. We should stop using electricity, gas, living in houses and apartments, eating food, etc also since it’s been proven those companies have also been colluding and jacking prices up. Oh wait…. It’s not just the retail market it’s every fucking thing that’s been jacked up over bs

Oh, you Captain Obvious now, Nick? “So stop using electricity and living in a house?”
Duh! I paid $4.55 for gas today, but i didn’t buy a $7 coffee or fast food. If everything is more expensive; buy what you need. Nobody NEEDS cigarettes or coffee, so cut out the bullshit while the price of what you NEED is high. If this shit doesn’t shift one’s priorities, they’re choosing to be swallowed up in this.

Allister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I figure it was the response by the companies to the mandatory minimum wage raise that proceeded the "inflation".

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I figure it was the response by the companies to the mandatory minimum wage raise that proceeded the "inflation".
they did that shit because they were trying to make up for what they lost during the pandemic. People still kept buying so there was no need to drop prices.

Plus remember all that bullshit companies were pulling to make it look like the supply chain was struggling? That had nothing to do with minimum wage protests.

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I dont understand how this has taken so long. I started cutting back during covid, it was obvious where things was going. Used to eat out 3 times a day plus go out to eat on the weekends. I cook 99% of my meals now. Cut off my cable & more shit. Shit is real out here and the govt dont give a fuck about you. Help yourself as much as you can!

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I dont understand how this has taken so long. I started cutting back during covid, it was obvious where things was going. Used to eat out 3 times a day plus go out to eat on the weekends. I cook 99% of my meals now. Cut off my cable & more shit. Shit is real out here and the govt dont give a fuck about you. Help yourself as much as you can!
White people can’t cook so they have to rely on fast food, delivery, microwaveable, or prepared meals. They keep things like this shit alive and was continuing to spend, now unfortunately the economy fucking even with their funds and they like hey wait a minute this price hike fucking with money. So now even cacs are like hey buddy enough is enough

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Unless you have a good coupon, make no sense to go to McDonald’s right now. Hell Checkers (its strange for me to say this), but is five times better than McDonald’s.
Got to use the apps to get the discounts from fast food joints. I can get a big Mac, medium fry and drink for $6.00 using the app. That's here in the DMV so each area may have different deals. Regardless, you get points towards free stuff whenever you buy.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
they did that shit because they were trying to make up for what they lost during the pandemic. People still kept buying so there was no need to drop prices.

Plus remember all that bullshit companies were pulling to make it look like the supply chain was struggling? That had nothing to do with minimum wage protests.
They never lost anything during the pandemic. Thats what makes this so egregious. It’s just plain ole-fashioned, American greed.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member

You have food delivery apps charging customers with Android phones less than IPhone users. And the government allowed it. But this is the same government that sat on a dildo for years after Apple said they damn near brick phones to stimulate demand.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I started a garden last year, I only grew collard greens, tomatoes, lettuce and watermelon but planning on adding more every year. The greens and lettuce are night and day different than what comes from the store I noticed
Can you post about your experiences growing these things?

TX4lyfe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can you post about your experiences growing these things?

I made 4 raised garden beds since there is a lot of rabbits in my neighborhood. I also hooked in to one of my zones for the sprinklers to control the watering. After the seeds sprout I just made sure they have water and fertilize every few weeks. I had the most trouble with caterpillars eating the leaves on the greens and the heat we had in Texas last year. For that I got a mesh net to cover the garden beds for shade to keep the moths from laying eggs on the greens. In August the heat took out the tomatoes and lettuce. The collard greens held up until we had a freeze in December.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Costco was jammed packed today in Harlem. That first of the month crowd. Jam packed with Hispanics, mideastern, Africans, even cacs up in there . Buying mad food, water, etc.. people looking like they smart shopping. Just buy and prepare food at home much cheaper
Yup. Way more cheaper to buy your own food and cook.

What’s even crazier, it’s cheaper to go to Whole Foods or buy organic burgers or whatever and cook that shit at home vs buying that BS from McDonald’s.

Atleast you know it’s real beef and it’s grass fed lol

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I made 4 raised garden beds since there is a lot of rabbits in my neighborhood. I also hooked in to one of my zones for the sprinklers to control the watering. After the seeds sprout I just made sure they have water and fertilize every few weeks. I had the most trouble with caterpillars eating the leaves on the greens and the heat we had in Texas last year. For that I got a mesh net to cover the garden beds for shade to keep the moths from laying eggs on the greens. In August the heat took out the tomatoes and lettuce. The collard greens held up until we had a freeze in December.

Dope. This is inspirational esp for me now that I have a backyard

Last edited: