Business: Retailers jacked up prices and squeezed consumers. They might have just blinked & start lowering prices

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

84569323-13387569-image-a-3_1715095874172.jpg

tontotonto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

And people want to blame increased minimum wages. Wages have not matched increased cost.

Pack Rat

Imperturbable
BGOL Investor
Had my first McDonald's steak egg and cheese bagel in 4 years....I remembered how good they were before they were discontinued...
Of course, they cost more now, but the meat/steak size has shrunk big time....it's all bagel now with a tiny piece of steak in the middle. :angry:

:angry:

PJN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Costco was jammed packed today in Harlem. That first of the month crowd. Jam packed with Hispanics, mideastern, Africans, even cacs up in there . Buying mad food, water, etc.. people looking like they smart shopping. Just buy and prepare food at home much cheaper
Costco in my neck of the woods is ALWAYS packed, more than half of the customers there in any given day are Asians, all of them.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor

This bullshit for the most part started with Covid. A lot of these companies here took advantage of Covid and greed. And as I stated earlier, you could add one or two more dollars to some of these meal prices and give full entrée at Chili’s Longhorn or Texas roadhouse Grill.