Byron Allen Makes History As Only Black Person To Buy A $100M House

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
AA12Vg84.img

Byron Allen has a lot to celebrate. According to Essence, the media titan has made history as the only Black person to buy a $100 million home. The purchase is the highest by a Black homebuyer.

Allen’s new abode is a modest 11,000-square-foot mansion that sits on 3.5 square acres in Malibu, California, The Wall Street Journal reports. In addition to the main four-bedroom house, the property also includes two guesthouses.

As for the amenities? This mansion, which was previously owned by billionaire Tammy Hughes Gustavson, doesn’t have a shortage.

The home has a screen room, as well as a “winding path” that allows the owner to drive a small vehicle down a nearby beach. According to Sports Keeda, the mansion also has a gym, home theater, tennis court, and yoga studio. And even, a rumored breathtaking view of the Pacific Ocean.

Allen’s Malibu mansion is the latest addition to his roster of homes, including one in Aspen, New York, Maui, and Beverly Hills, Los Angeles Magazine reports.

Back in March, he acquired two side-by-side homes in the latter and bought both of them from former eBay president Jeff Skoll. Those buys came almost ten years after Allen bought another Beverly Hills property for $17 million, in 2012.

The 61-year-old got his start as a comedian, Essence reports. After years in the game, he switched careers and founded Entertainment Studios/Allen Media Group — one of the largest privately held media companies in the country.

The company has ownership of the Weather Channel, among others, in its portfolio. Entertainment Studios/Allen Media Group also owns 12 cable networks and around 70 TV shows.

But the last few years haven’t been without hardships for Allen.

According to Los Angeles Magazine, he’s filed several multibillion-dollar racial discrimination lawsuits. And in 2015, he sued Comcast for not carrying stations and networks he owned. The case made it to the Supreme Court but was later settled.

As Blavity previously reported, Allen recently went after McDonald’s, claiming the fast food giant racially stereotyped his company.

He claimed that the company has a “tiered advertising structure that differentiates on the basis of race.” As a result, the company has prevented Entertainment Studios/Allen Media Group from accessing lucrative advertising opportunities.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
And just made some cac 100 million richer in the process.

I hope he'll be able to resell at a higher value someday because appraisers usually devalue houses Black people have lived in.
not exactly how that math works big dawg

Reactions: BKF

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought TP's estate was valued at that ir maybe a little higher

but it was an old military base and converted to hisnestate with a house built from the ground up

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
no house with just 11,000 sq ft worth 100 mil. if he got it outside cali, he could get it for a fifth of the cost.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
AA12Vg84.img

Byron Allen has a lot to celebrate. According to Essence, the media titan has made history as the only Black person to buy a $100 million home. The purchase is the highest by a Black homebuyer.

Allen’s new abode is a modest 11,000-square-foot mansion that sits on 3.5 square acres in Malibu, California, The Wall Street Journal reports. In addition to the main four-bedroom house, the property also includes two guesthouses.

As for the amenities? This mansion, which was previously owned by billionaire Tammy Hughes Gustavson, doesn’t have a shortage.

The home has a screen room, as well as a “winding path” that allows the owner to drive a small vehicle down a nearby beach. According to Sports Keeda, the mansion also has a gym, home theater, tennis court, and yoga studio. And even, a rumored breathtaking view of the Pacific Ocean.

Allen’s Malibu mansion is the latest addition to his roster of homes, including one in Aspen, New York, Maui, and Beverly Hills, Los Angeles Magazine reports.

Back in March, he acquired two side-by-side homes in the latter and bought both of them from former eBay president Jeff Skoll. Those buys came almost ten years after Allen bought another Beverly Hills property for $17 million, in 2012.

The 61-year-old got his start as a comedian, Essence reports. After years in the game, he switched careers and founded Entertainment Studios/Allen Media Group — one of the largest privately held media companies in the country.

The company has ownership of the Weather Channel, among others, in its portfolio. Entertainment Studios/Allen Media Group also owns 12 cable networks and around 70 TV shows.

But the last few years haven’t been without hardships for Allen.

According to Los Angeles Magazine, he’s filed several multibillion-dollar racial discrimination lawsuits. And in 2015, he sued Comcast for not carrying stations and networks he owned. The case made it to the Supreme Court but was later settled.

As Blavity previously reported, Allen recently went after McDonald’s, claiming the fast food giant racially stereotyped his company.

He claimed that the company has a “tiered advertising structure that differentiates on the basis of race.” As a result, the company has prevented Entertainment Studios/Allen Media Group from accessing lucrative advertising opportunities.
OP makes BGOL history with at least 100 different user names

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
no house with just 11,000 sq ft worth 100 mil. if he got it outside cali, he could get it for a fifth of the cost.

Just looked up the value of houses in Malibu, dude got robbed.

There's much bigger houses and properties in Malibu but I doubt they're also sitting on 3.5 acres oceanside with its own beach? Alot of the oceanside Malibu properties are on much smaller lots

And I suspect the 2 guest houses aren't included in the 11k sq ft

This similarly-sized house sold for $42M but is on less than half the land

And I'm not justifying $100M but relative to others that may be why.. they all overpaid :smh:

FYI I think this might be his listing

Reactions: BKF

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
There's much bigger houses and properties in Malibu but I doubt they're also sitting on 3.5 acres oceanside with its own beach? Alot of the oceanside Malibu properties are on much smaller lots

And I suspect the 2 guest houses aren't included in the 11k sq ft

This similarly-sized house sold for $42M but is on less than half the land

And I'm not justifying $100M but relative to others that may be why.. they all overpaid :smh:

FYI I think this might be his listing

We all know realtors will make black people pay more for properties, this might be the case even at his level

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
I would overlook that if he was advancing Black power and progress of others.
Just like I can put your infatuation with Asians aside and laugh at you mocking and shitting on whitey nonstop.

See how that works?

I personally can't overlook that. When it comes to advancing Black power. I have less trust in a Black person married to a non Black person than I do a fat gym teacher or swimming instructor afflicted with Aquaphobia.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
"I personally can't overlook that. When it comes to advancing Black power. I have less trust in a Black person married to a non Black person than I do a fat gym teacher or swimming instructor afflicted with Aquaphobia.

Amiri Baraka

"Baraka’s newfound militancy played a role in his divorce from his white wife, according to her memoir How I Became Hettie Jones. Baraka himself admitted as much in his 1980 Village Voice essay, “Confessions of a Former Anti-Semite." (He denied choosing the title for the essay.) He wrote, “As a Black man married to a white woman, I began to feel estranged from her … How could someone be married to the enemy?

Baraka's second wife, Sylvia Robinson, later known as Amina Baraka, was a Black woman. "