Caitlin Clark Is The Truth

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

f6a1fb0ff2fb4848b7d50bb613617010_md.jpg

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
The point isn't never should've went to overtime.

But yes, they had a chance to win in overtime.

Refs and the league wanted the Liberty to win.
The refs have been horrible all season for every team so you can't tell who they wanted to win, they just to make the games competitive. The WNBA put all their focus on Aja Wilson having a dream so that's who that wanted to win, when the Aces got eliminated the WNBA just wanted a long Finals series

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The refs have been horrible all season for every team so you can't tell who they wanted to win, they just to make the games competitive. The WNBA put all their focus on Aja Wilson having a dream so that's who that wanted to win, when the Aces got eliminated the WNBA just wanted a long Finals series
NBA and WNBA refs are terrible but they're there for entertainment. My Dad was a ref and I have a friend who was a ref and they both said the same thing.

NBA/WNBA refs anticipate calls meaning they anticipate contact and call the foul. Regardless if there was contact or not. And they don't like to reverse calls because they don't wanna admit to being wrong.

Regarding who the refs/league wanted to win. It's a better story for the Liberty winning their first championship than the Lynx winning their 5th.

NYC's a bigger city, one of the original teams and they were at home. It was just a better story.

Now I can't say for a fact that the refs wanted the Liberty to win, but that last in the fourth sure did look like it.

Stevie caught the ball and

giphy.gif

but there was not travel call.

But they call a foul when a player wasn't fouled? They anticipated contact and called the foul. The was bad, but what made it worse was that they reviewed the call..

AND STILL CALLED IT A FOUL! :roflmao:

The Lynx were robbed. But like you eluded I believe, the Lynx had a chance in overtime to win and they couldn't get it done.

Like you said the refs were bad all season, but that call shouldn't have stood after a review and that's the problem.

The Lynx were

nas-letsgetit.gif

It's just a shitty way to end the game and the season on one of if not the WNBA's best season ever.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And @pookie I didn't really care who won, I just don't like bullshit.

And that call was bullshit which made the season end with an icky feeling.

ed-helms-ew.gif

And yes the Lynx did have a chance to win in overtime. But once it went to overtime, I said stick a fork in them niggas because them niggas done!

infernism-eating.gif

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor

I dont watch many wnba games but everytime I watch I see this. You mean traveling is against the rules in the WNBA?
I meant to comment yesterday that when women do that step back move it doesn't look like a travel but when they do that step through move I yell out "TRAVEL!!!!!" everytime and I think I've yelled that multiple times every game I've watched. How do you catch the ball make all kinds of moves, come to a complete stop and then take another step calling it a step through l, I think Aliyah Boston was the worst one at doing that. Now this TRAVEL by Breanna Stewart wasn't a step through it was just a complete travel, she took at FIVE STEPS..lmaooo