Rising Star
BGOL Investor
C'mon Canada!

GO5gfHHWYAA2rP0

Last edited:

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

We're going to see more of this USMNT losing if we don't start treating soccer like our other sports.

Too much mediocrity in the US federation right now.

It's time we send our youngsters overseas to get developed and play with the best.

I'm talking 10-12 yr olds going to the academies in Holland, England, France, Germany, Spain, etc.

There's no reason why our best soccer youth keep playing the club team circuit. It's money driven and political. And it's not producing DAWGS on the field.

gman4gov

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We're going to see more of this USMNT losing if we don't start treating soccer like our other sports.

It's time we send our youngsters overseas to get developed and play with the best.

I'm talking 10-12 yr olds going to the academies in Holland, England, France, Germany, Spain, etc.

There's no reason why our best soccer youth keep playing the club team circuit. It's money driven and political. And it's not producing DAWGS on the field.
Too many Americans are engrained in Football, Basketball, and Baseball. The media especially ESPN doesn't cover or support the sport especially for Euro or Copa. And, there is no youth development system like Germany (I live here), France, etc.

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Going to ride the bench in Europe wont produce Dawgs either....Lets just be honest.

I think the American system has shown great progress. We went from LandyCake and Wigger Dempsey being our best players, to having a strong athletic team who can give anybody trouble.

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Too many Americans are engrained in Football, Basketball, and Baseball. The media especially ESPN doesn't cover or support the sport especially for Euro or Copa. And, there is no youth development system like Germany (I live here), France, etc.

That's my point. There needs to be an understanding that THE BEST players are in Europe. Therefore, we need to ship out the players with potential to Europe to get better.

I know that Americans believe we're the best in everything sports-wise, but for soccer we gotta have our players go where the competition is elite.

Otherwise our USMNT will always be shit

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Going to ride the bench in Europe wont produce Dawgs either....Lets just be honest.

I think the American system has shown great progress. We went from LandyCake and Wigger Dempsey being our best players, to having a strong athletic team who can give anybody trouble.

We not giving anybody trouble losing to Panama.

And the American system in soccer is god awful. But we keep it going because the ones at the top want to stay AT THE TOP. As long as the main goal is to just qualify for the world cup, their jobs are never in jeopardy.

And the cream will rise to the top. I say let our young boys compete. Fuck coddling them in this shit club system here in the states.

America's all about free market, right?

Well let's see who survives overseas. It worked for pulisic. And ppl thought it was crazy for him to move to Germany at 15 yrs old in hopes of becoming a professional footballer.

Other countries send their best to Europe, why can't we do the same?

blaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

And the American system in soccer is god awful. But we keep it going because the ones at the top want to stay AT THE TOP. As long as the main goal is to just qualify for the world cup, their jobs are never in jeopardy.

And the cream will rise to the top. I say let our young boys compete. Fuck coddling them in this shit club system here in the states.

Well let's see who survives overseas. It worked for pulisic. And ppl thought it was crazy for him to move to Germany at 15 yrs old in hopes of becoming a professional footballer.

Because of the cuacasity of American exceptionalism. These white folks think we should just roll out the ball and be able to compete with countries where futbol is life. It's a damn fringe sport here! And it's probably going to be that way for the foreseeable future. It's time to accept that shit and go all out for the kids that actually choose to play it. Get them the best opportunities in nations where they get honed like the other kids around the world. Other nations send their best here to get trained at track, tennis and golf just to name a few. But we to good for that, huh?

gman4gov

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Because of the cuacasity of American exceptionalism. These white folks think we should just roll out the ball and be able to compete with countries where futbol is life. It's a damn fringe sport here! And it's probably going to be that way for the foreseeable future. It's time to accept that shit and go all out for the kids that actually choose to play it. Get them the best opportunities in nations where they get honed like the other kids around the world. Other nations send their best here to get trained at track, tennis and golf just to name a few. But we to good for that, huh?
I get what you’re saying, but the kids in Europe start playing at a very young age (i’m talking at age 4), sort of like the kids in US start American football at an early age. Plus, the fields these kids play on here in Europe are strictly for soccer, not American football. The US will always be at a disadvantage, no matter how much emphasis they place on saying they’re gonna get better and build up their programs.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I get what you’re saying, but the kids in Europe start playing at a very young age (i’m talking at age 4), sort of like the kids in US start American football at an early age. Plus, the fields these kids play on here in Europe are strictly for soccer, not American football. The US will always be at a disadvantage, no matter how much emphasis they place on saying they’re gonna get better and build up their programs.

well it already started in the burbs, now its starting in the inner city, I just saw a daycare center dedicated to soccer training,

that shit was unheard of just a decade ago..

sheeet I aint never seen a daycare dedicated to baseball or even basketball... but they have one for soccer.. in nyc....

so I can see the sport really growing in the next few decades...

crazy shit is.. Basketball is growing just as much as soccer is, cant say the same about baseball and american football tho..

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It's "Un-American". LOL

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

And the American system worked to produce guys like Demarcus Beasley, Tim Howard, and Stuart Holden.

Pulisic would have been a pro footballer if he stayed in America. He was just that talented. Other countries send their best to Europe because their home nations dont have the infrastructure to pay them on a level where they can be cared for. When Ronaldinho went to PSG his folks were living in a shack, and this kid was one of the biggest prospects in Brazilian history, and what has this done for Brazil? 1 world cup 20+ years since thats been the norm? They had 3 when all of their players were domestic, and hell that 1994 win when I was in kid in the US squad had half of their players playing in Brazil.

Its do you want the US to be a powerhouse, or do you want a few Americans to get rich and show us nothing for it? Japan went from being absolutely nothing in Football to being automatic WC qualifiers and the best team in Asia by investing in THEIR system. Its pretty much our system with colleges and domestic b teams.

gman4gov

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
well it already started in the burbs, now its starting in the inner city, I just saw a daycare center dedicated to soccer training,

that shit was unheard of just a decade ago..

sheeet I aint never seen a daycare dedicated to baseball or even basketball... but they have one for soccer.. in nyc....

so I can see the sport really growing in the next few decades...

crazy shit is.. Basketball is growing just as much as soccer is, cant say the same about baseball and american football tho..
That’s cool and all but that’s only one city. In Europe, every small town has its own FC that it supports. Then everybody supports the larger FC around them. also, MLS is a completely different animal compared to Bundesliga or Liga or Premier league. MLS has no relegation and everyone knows that players go to retire to MLS since it’s just a poor man’s league.