Dallas Cowboys name 72 year old Monte Kiffin Defensive Coordinator

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
Was he not about to be fired by his son at UCLA?

Seriously though, I do believe they are looking for their
own Dick Lebeau

Crown&Coke

Star
Registered
I guess its a cool hire.

I am still mad that Rob Ryan got fired tho. And Jerry Jones bitch ass excuse made me wanna swing at the air like Tre in Boyz in Da Hood.

Defense wasnt our main problem, Offensive playcalling was horrible and our O line was shit.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dick LeBeau is 75 and always has the Steelers top 3...might work

It might. Some won't like it but the move makes sense. Looks like Anthony Spencer may not be returning. My biggest concern was Ware and Spencer on the line and I guess they are banking on Spencer being highly overpaid by some team which he probably will be.

If this allows for our defense to play like Seattle's D does then shit man i'm on board. Its going to take for us to go defense once again in that 1st round to get a pass rusher.

Brother Blues

Deceased - Nov. 4, 2015
BGOL Legend
Good move...should keep them in mediocrity.

I'm not a Ryan fan...but you lose 5/6? starters:smh:

The Dallas D was much better than their offense?....yet,they all remain?

Good move Jerry...he knows football:lol:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I guess its a cool hire.

I am still mad that Rob Ryan got fired tho. And Jerry Jones bitch ass excuse made me wanna swing at the air like Tre in Boyz in Da Hood.

Defense wasnt our main problem, Offensive playcalling was horrible and our O line was shit.

I don't know bro. Defense was bad and has been for awhile now. Defense ain't been shit since Wade's 1st year here.

And being that we may lose Mike Jenkins, Jay Ratliff and Anthony Spencer? I think these niggas was forced to get out of the 3-4.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good move...should keep them in mediocrity.

I'm not a Ryan fan...but you lose 5/6? starters:smh:

The Dallas D was much better than their offense?....yet,they all remain?

Good move Jerry...he knows football:lol:

What was the excuse when the defense was trash last year when everyone was healthy? Worry about your own damn team. :lol:

thanks jerry for making feel a little better about the confusion going on with my eagles

Yea when ya'll hire Rob Ryan let's see who's the one confused and who's not.

Ya'll gonna go from Wide 9 to boring ass non pass rushing 3 man pass rushes.

Brother Blues

Deceased - Nov. 4, 2015
BGOL Legend
What was the excuse when the defense was trash last year when everyone was healthy? Worry about your own damn team. :lol:

Ain't nothing to worry about in New England...except what beer to drink while watching the play-offs.

You know....those games that good teams play in,after the bad teams go home:lol:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
complain about the zone
say the zone kept you from winning
go out and hire a coach that coaches strictly zone

makes sense

"The Tampa 2 defense is really simple in the coverage scheme, which should help this secondary when it comes to lining up. The quarterback of this defense is the free safety, who’s responsible for the communication with the other members of the secondary. Most people just think this is a zone scheme, but it’s more than that. There are man-coverage, man-under and zone blitz schemes out of this defense. Where it will be different for these Cowboys corners is that they’ll have to be more physical playing the run. Their job will be to try and funnel plays inside to the linebackers and safeties."

Its more than zone coverage bro...

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ain't nothing to worry about in New England...except what beer to drink while watching the play-offs.

You know....those games that good teams play in,after the bad teams go home:lol:

I'm sure some 9-7 will stop ya'll from getting another ring this year. Cheating bastids.........Fuck ya'll though. :lol:

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
Yea when ya'll hire Rob Ryan let's see who's the one confused and who's not.

Ya'll gonna go from Wide 9 to boring ass non pass rushing 3 man pass rushes.

i personally would like to see them try the 3-4:dunno::dunno::dunno:

but first we have to get a freaking coach before we worry about the staff.

after we get a coach we have to convince Andy Reid to trade for either Jackson or Maclin

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i personally would like to see them try the 3-4:dunno::dunno::dunno:

but first we have to get a freaking coach before we worry about the staff.

after we get a coach we have to convince Andy Reid to trade for either Jackson or Maclin

Reid ain't helping you niggas out after ya'll ran him out of town. :lol: He's gonna offer ya'll a 7th rounder for Maclin and Jackson in a package deal. :lol:

I forgot ya'll didn't have a head coach man shit. The pickings are getting slim. Shit I think when ya'll let Reid go he probably became the best head coaching candidate out there. Lovie Smith is second but shit man nobody knows if he wants a DC or HC job.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
"The Tampa 2 defense is really simple in the coverage scheme, which should help this secondary when it comes to lining up. The quarterback of this defense is the free safety, who’s responsible for the communication with the other members of the secondary. Most people just think this is a zone scheme, but it’s more than that. There are man-coverage, man-under and zone blitz schemes out of this defense. Where it will be different for these Cowboys corners is that they’ll have to be more physical playing the run. Their job will be to try and funnel plays inside to the linebackers and safeties."

the base of the defense is, everyone has an area.
and even when you blitz everyone just has an area.
there's hardly any 0 coverage
and hardly any man to man situations.

you can blitz out of it
and all of that.
but ultimately people gonna have to guard an area and not an individual

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
Reid ain't helping you niggas out after ya'll ran him out of town. :lol: He's gonna offer ya'll a 7th rounder for Maclin and Jackson in a package deal. :lol:

I forgot ya'll didn't have a head coach man shit. The pickings are getting slim. Shit I think when ya'll let Reid go he probably became the best head coaching candidate out there. Lovie Smith is second but shit man nobody knows if he wants a DC or HC job.

i would take Lovie over any of those other coordinators they interviewed.

they may as well throw feelers out there to chukie and cowher they interviewing everybody else under the sun

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the base of the defense is, everyone has an area.
and even when you blitz everyone just has an area.
there's hardly any 0 coverage
and hardly any man to man situations.

you can blitz out of it
and all of that.
but ultimately people gonna have to guard an area and not an individual

Ronde Barber has had a Hall of Fame career playing in this scheme, because he’s not afraid to tackle, and he can be physical at the point of attack. In coverage, these corners will play at the line and will get jams on these receivers, because if they don’t, it will make it difficult for these safeties to have to cover. The one advantage is that Tampa 2 corners do a really nice job of using the sideline as an extra defender. If you ever watch the Bears’ corners play, Tillman and Jennings do an outstanding job of playing the scheme using the sideline, but they’re also effective in their ability to jump routes. You will see these corners press, then bail in coverage and drop to their areas. The safeties in this scheme play in the deep half, but they’ll also adjust or rotate to help in the running game by getting the extra defender in the box. Safeties also have to be able to see the entire field and understand where they fit in the coverage.

There's different variations of the Tampa 2. The Bears and Seahawks have their corners play man and they generate turnovers. That's what I want. Cowboys need turnovers. We were the worst team in turnovers and Brandon Carr had 3 picks by himself and Sean Lee had 1 and he was hurt at the beginning of the season and that was basically it for all year. Sean Lee lead the team in picks last year too. I don't care about zone coverages if they generate turnovers and allow for our corners to jump routes. That's what we need. Rob Ryan's zones it just allowed for the offense to do whatever they wanted. There was no pass rush. Just sit back and let niggas like Brandon fucking Weeden of all people destroy our zones.

But they better know about a safety that's out there that I don't know about because I don't think you want to go into the season with Sensabaugh and Church as your only safeties. You need a upgrade at one of these spots.

How much ya'll gonna give Laurent Robinson this year? :lol: :confused:

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It might. Some won't like it but the move makes sense. Looks like Anthony Spencer may not be returning. My biggest concern was Ware and Spencer on the line and I guess they are banking on Spencer being highly overpaid by some team which he probably will be.

If this allows for our defense to play like Seattle's D does then shit man i'm on board. Its going to take for us to go defense once again in that 1st round to get a pass rusher.

Yeah Spencer is gone, he balled out for that contract and he about to get PAID

We can't afford the contract he about to get or to tag him for 10 million

At least we got our 8.8 million worth this year I didn't think we would even get that

It's much easier to find a DE than it is a good 3-4 OLB

Who is the free safety though?

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah Spencer is gone, he balled out for that contract and he about to get PAID

We can't afford the contract he about to get or to tag him for 10 million

At least we got our 8.8 million worth this year I didn't think we would even get that

It's much easier to find a DE than it is a good 3-4 OLB

Who is the free safety though?

Probably should've re-signed that muthafucka when we had the chance 2 seasons ago. :lol:

If we lose Felix, Spencer and Jenkins this offseason? That's 3 1st round picks gone. Spencer's agent said they plan on re-signing with the Cowboys but that's until the Texans or whoever offer him that big money. :lol: I'm not a capologist but I wonder what's the ramifications for us franchise tagging him and then trading him to the team that wants to re-sign him?

And who is the free safety? Its Sensabaugh but shit man.....:lol: I like Sensabaugh. I just don't think he's a free safety. He's better suited for the strong safety role.

But that's the key there. What do we do at free safety? Atleast going in this tampa 2 defense our defense doesn't have as many holes as it did before. That safety spot is still a need. I guess it depends on how much money we got to work with. Jerry gotta restructure some deals. Doug Free and Miles specifically. Romo will get re-signed barring anything stupid from Jerry that should take his 16 million cap hit and cut it in half.

We need to go ahead and take Goldson off them 9ers. Largebills think they gonna re-sign him but he gonna atleast hit that market first.

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Probably should've re-signed that muthafucka when we had the chance 2 seasons ago. :lol:

If we lose Felix, Spencer and Jenkins this offseason? That's 3 1st round picks gone. Spencer's agent said they plan on re-signing with the Cowboys but that's until the Texans or whoever offer him that big money. :lol: I'm not a capologist but I wonder what's the ramifications for us franchise tagging him and then trading him to the team that wants to re-sign him?

And who is the free safety? Its Sensabaugh but shit man.....:lol: I like Sensabaugh. I just don't think he's a free safety. He's better suited for the strong safety role.

But that's the key there. What do we do at free safety? Atleast going in this tampa 2 defense our defense doesn't have as many holes as it did before. That safety spot is still a need. I guess it depends on how much money we got to work with. Jerry gotta restructure some deals. Doug Free and Miles specifically. Romo will get re-signed barring anything stupid from Jerry that should take his 16 million cap hit and cut it in half.

We need to go ahead and take Goldson off them 9ers. Largebills think they gonna re-sign him but he gonna atleast hit that market first.

Yeah but Spencer thought he was worth big money last year which is why we just tagged him and rode it out

I'm sure negations were had he just wanted more than he was worth at the time

Now he is probably worth what he was asking last year but he will get even more than that from a thirsty team

Dude is about to cash in for real

I'm cool with Sensabaugh as long as he isn't the beat safety on the team

And right now he is and that's not good

What sucks about all of this is the 49ers 2 starting safeties are both better than him and have been free agents over the years

For example instead of signing Whitner we get Abe Elam and shit

Alan Ball ass niggas

Can't keep trying to turn shit into sugar

Find solid free agents and draft better

Get some real players in here

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
They minus whale have waited it out and got Lovie. Just as good a teacher of the scheme, younger and he's from Texas.

via Tapatalk 2