Dallas Cowboys name 72 year old Monte Kiffin Defensive Coordinator

max-dawg

8 vs 80
OG Investor
c'mon jerry... please hire bum phillips as your new HC, get kenny stabler as romo's replacement, and please spend some money to get earl campbell back on the field.

c'mon, jerry... let's do this. :yes::yes::yes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

recycling these old motherfuckers. :smh::smh::smh:

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
c'mon jerry... please hire bum phillips as your new HC, get kenny stabler as romo's replacement, and please spend some money to get earl campbell back on the field.

i heard landry wanted to come out of retirement :lol:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah but Spencer thought he was worth big money last year which is why we just tagged him and rode it out

I'm sure negations were had he just wanted more than he was worth at the time

Now he is probably worth what he was asking last year but he will get even more than that from a thirsty team

Dude is about to cash in for real

I'm cool with Sensabaugh as long as he isn't the beat safety on the team

And right now he is and that's not good

What sucks about all of this is the 49ers 2 starting safeties are both better than him and have been free agents over the years

For example instead of signing Whitner we get Abe Elam and shit

Alan Ball ass niggas

Can't keep trying to turn shit into sugar

Find solid free agents and draft better

Get some real players in here

Well I don't expect much to change next year. I think we go into the season with Sensabaugh and Church as our safeties and if Matt Johnson can stay healthy maybe he pushes Sensabaugh to the SS position or both he and Church simply put Sensi on the bench. But that's a big if because Matt Johnson gets hurt putting his cleats on and shit.

Uncontainable_Spirit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i heard landry wanted to come out of retirement :lol:

That's fucked up. Leave my team alone. We'll be back. It's coming. :confused: Soon... I hope.

Pleasantries.

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well I don't expect much to change next year. I think we go into the season with Sensabaugh and Church as our safeties and if Matt Johnson can stay healthy maybe he pushes Sensabaugh to the SS position or both he and Church simply put Sensi on the bench. But that's a big if because Matt Johnson gets hurt putting his cleats on and shit.

I think what is irritating me the most is we never got to see this team with a true 3-4 fat nasty nose tackle

For whatever reason we just never really tried to get one

I think the fact that we are probably losing Spencer and 3-4 end is such a hard position to fill competently, is a huge reason we are going to the 4-3

Born

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Too bad Derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp, John Lynch, Dwight Smith, Ronde Barber, Hardy Nickerson and Simeon Rice aint on the Cowboys roster.

SlimKid07

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Riley.gif

This might be the straw that broke the camel's back for Jerry.

Larry Lacewell, a man Jerry trusts a lot, said this was the best hire since Jimmy. :rolleyes:
If Kiffin is a failure, Jerry will be at a crossroads an he'll have to look hard at the mirror.
I really see him passing the GM job off to Stephen if this hire blows up in his face.

He'll have to can the entire coaching staff and blow it up.

I want to hate this move, but I have no idea what's going to happen.

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Riley.gif

Larry Lacewell, a man Jerry trusts a lot, said this was the best hire since Jimmy. :rolleyes:
If Kiffin is a failure, Jerry will be at a crossroads an he'll have to look hard at the mirror.
I really see him passing the GM job off to Stephen if this hire blows up in his face.

I have no clue either but this HAS to work

I mean if this shit fails the Cowboys will lose fans

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jerry ain't slick

He trying to entice Gruden

That might not be the way to do it. Kiffin and Gruden HATE each other. :lol: Shit if we hire Gruden he'll fire Kiffin off the back.

Riley.gif

Yea I don't know what to expect. By the hour i'm liking it more and more. Kiffin plans on using our corners more in press and man to man as opposed to zone. It all sounds good now though. I gave Rob Ryan a shot. Gave him 2 years. I'm gonna give Kiffin the same. Hopefully we see a immediate impact.

I think what is irritating me the most is we never got to see this team with a true 3-4 fat nasty nose tackle

For whatever reason we just never really tried to get one

I think the fact that we are probably losing Spencer and 3-4 end is such a hard position to fill competently, is a huge reason we are going to the 4-3

I feel you to an extent. Ratliff was a great nose tackle for us. We had some good defenses with Ratliff. We had some great pass rushing teams. Wade was a good DC. If he wasn't head coach I think he would've worked here and the defense would've been a lot better. With Rob Ryan....those exotic blitzes and unpredictable blitzes that he showed in Cleveland? He didn't show it here. HE can be upset he got fired but all he can do is blame himself. He didn't coach this defense as if his job was on the line and he should've been.

Last edited:

SlimKid07

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have no clue either but this HAS to work

I mean if this shit fails the Cowboys will lose fans

Big time.
This move after Rob Ryan's firing is making Jerry and the Boys a laughingstock right now in the NFL.

If we fail this season? :itsawrap:
We will continue to get the primetime games because the Cowboys got the highest rated game this season and 4 out of the 6 highest games this season.

If we look terrible, getting blown out, embarrassed and losing all these games on TV, Jerry will fucking lose it.

But I really don't know what's gonna happen. College coaches and NFL coaches don't always bring their losing or winning ways when they move up or down.

SlimKid07

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That might not be the way to do it. Kiffin and Gruden HATE each other. :lol: Shit if we hire Gruden he'll fire Kiffin off the back.

Yea I don't know what to expect. By the hour i'm liking it more and more. Kiffin plans on using our corners more in press and man to man as opposed to zone. It all sounds good now though. I gave Rob Ryan a shot. Gave him 2 years. I'm gonna give Kiffin the same. Hopefully we see a immediate impact.

I feel you to an extent. Ratliff was a great nose tackle for us. We had some good defenses with Ratliff. We had some great pass rushing teams. Wade was a good DC. If he wasn't head coach I think he would've worked here and the defense would've been a lot better. With Rob Ryan....those exotic blitzes and unpredictable blitzes that he showed in Cleveland? He didn't show it here. HE can be upset he got fired but all he can do is blame himself. He didn't coach this defense as if his job was on the line and he should've been.

I agree with REP though. I've always long for a fat fucker like the Pats NT, Shaun Rodgers or Ngata in the middle.

Its pissed me off how Ratliff punked the coaching staff and refused to move out to DE.
He could have been on some JJ Watt, Justin Smith, Dockett, Cailais Campbell shit.

And this fool wonders why he can't stay on the field at the end of the year. :smh:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree with REP though. I've always long for a fat fucker like the Pats NT, Shaun Rodgers or Ngata in the middle.

Its pissed me off how Ratliff punked the coaching staff and refused to move out to DE.
He could have been on some JJ Watt, Justin Smith, Dockett, Cailais Campbell shit.

And this fool wonders why he can't stay on the field at the end of the year. :smh:

I always wanted one but I just never thought it would improve our defense by having one. This defense was at its best when we had Spears, Bowen, Canty, Ratliff, Spencer, Greg Ellis and Ware on that line. Our line for big guys were big and athletic. Ratliff was a dominate nose tackle when healthy.

Our downfall came when we got bad safety play. We got a good year out of Ken Hamlin and that was it. That year was probably our best team in recent memory too.

SlimKid07

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I always wanted one but I just never thought it would improve our defense by having one. This defense was at its best when we had Spears, Bowen, Canty, Ratliff, Spencer, Greg Ellis and Ware on that line. Our line for big guys were big and athletic. Ratliff was a dominate nose tackle when healthy.

Our downfall came when we got bad safety play. We got a good year out of Ken Hamlin and that was it. That year was probably our best team in recent memory too.

A big NT that can move can make your 3-4 elite.
He disrupts the run game and allows the inside LBs to feast.

In the pass game, they don't get many sacks but if they can push the center and guards into the QB's face,
hopefully that would allow the QB to get pushed into rushing LBs and rushers.

daoneied

Potential Star
Registered
At the end of the day we got mediocre talent. Because our owner drafts off gut feelings. We two years away from being the raiders. With the new Al Davis!

sent from my Galaxy Note II

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Niggas got jokes, but we've been playing a 3/4 without a nose tackle for 4 years. With Kiffin, you won't see niggas not knowing they're supposed to be on the field, not knowing where to line up, not knowing who to cover, etc.

That alone is an upgrade over last year.

We should draft Vaccaro from Texas in the first round to be our safety. You won't ever see DWare out in coverage again. He can rush the passer every play now. Ratliff is no longer undersized. Lee and Carter are good and fast enough to play the LB's. Let our corners play press and let Vaccaro roam the middle.

Lots of football people are saying this is actually a good pickup. I didn't see too many people laughing at that Bears D when they were healthy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Niggas got jokes, but we've been playing a 3/4 without a nose tackle for 4 years. With Kiffin, you won't see niggas not knowing they're supposed to be on the field, not knowing where to line up, not knowing who to cover, etc.

That alone is an upgrade over last year.

We should draft Vaccaro from Texas in the first round to be our safety. You won't ever see DWare out in coverage again. He can rush the passer every play now. Ratliff is no longer undersized. Lee and Carter are good and fast enough to play the LB's. Let our corners play press and let Vaccaro roam the middle.

Lots of football people are saying this is actually a good pickup. I didn't see too many people laughing at that Bears D when they were healthy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You know good and damn well we ain't drafting a safety until the 5th round and he will be from southwest eastern middle north Idaho university

Last edited: